Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 717/747 left hand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill D in Virginia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2018 at 9:18pm
Thanks, I really appreciate that. I would probably buy a "donor gun" that had that and maybe a few other parts. One of these would be a pain to make but it is the only part that am missing from having a 747 that had been Fired about 25 times before my friend (deceased) decided that he was going to put a pistol scope on it and thought that he was dealing with aluminum until he put a little heat on it. He threw the halves away and was "going to" order new ones but never did.
Bill D in Virginia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill D in Virginia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2018 at 5:20pm
Well, I received my left hand grips today from Vernon Austin, he sent me several pictures of them before shipment and I was impressed. BUT, there is nothing like "meeting them in person", they are far above what I expected. I have quite a few handguns and I don’t believe that I have any to rival them they are perfect in every way. Thanks guys for letting me know about his fantastic work!
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2018 at 9:15pm
Photos or it didn't happen! (If you can't post photos send them to my email and I'll put them up for you.)
Dannop2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2018 at 10:20pm
Vernon is something else isn't he ? , I need to open up my wallet , let the moths out and purchase some more from this artist , enjoy them , they will last forever .
Realshooter
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2018 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Bill D in Virginia Bill D in Virginia wrote:

Well, I received my left hand grips today from Vernon Austin, he sent me several pictures of them before shipment and I was impressed. BUT, there is nothing like "meeting them in person", they are far above what I expected. I have quite a few handguns and I don’t believe that I have any to rival them they are perfect in every way. Thanks guys for letting me know about his fantastic work!
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

Photos or it didn't happen! (If you can't post photos send them to my email and I'll put them up for you.)

Originally posted by Bill D in Virginia Bill D in Virginia wrote:

I wanted something a little bit different, this is Birdseye Maple. They are so perfect that they almost look "fake". I am actually a "Gun nut" from way back, I have over 60 handguns and I don’t believe that I have any that are prettier than these and fit any better. They fit like a bank vault door. I am building a 747 and am going to put ambidextrous American Walnut on that one. Will probably order those grips in the next two weeks. Let me tell you this, I have a Ruger Mark I that I ordered a set of custom left hand thumbrest grips for in 1965. I paid $40.00 for them and they were hard to get and nothing like as nice as these.”

Those are sweet!!

Dannop2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2018 at 12:34pm
Nice , just had  my SSP 250 with the Vernon Austin furniture on it out last night , man he does some great work , mine are in what he calls camo laminate , fit and finish are spooky good .
Realshooter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic