Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 74 Semi Auto

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 20>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2017 at 8:24pm
One of my Hahn's needs a re-seal, it will start leaking after piercing the seal, you can get off about 10 shots. The one thing that may be hard to come by is that exhaust valve, if it's like the revolvers it has a urethane type seal imbedded in it. I actually used Pellgunoil in it and it actually made it worse. I have a diagram and they don't look to complex inside.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2017 at 8:37pm
Very easy gun to work on. When you say exhaust valve, do you mean the valve stem?  I've resealed 3 in the past year.  They were all orings in there but for the valve stem. That does have a urethane seal in it. One of mine did need a new valve stem. It takes the same valve stem as a Cr 180. Easy to get one of them in all kinds of places. I lucked out and happened to have one on hand. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2017 at 8:44pm
Good to know the Crosman seal being the same. Were the O-rings easy to find? One other question- what's the LOP?

Manual and parts diagram. Gotta love how Daisy and Crosman take care of their customers with parts and support.

the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2017 at 9:06pm
Orings in there are all basic sizes and easy to come by. I don't recall what they were. I buy orings in bulk from oringsusa.com     I get all the most useful sizes for 99% of airguns....in both urethane and viton depending on the need. Urethane if not confined and viton if well confined so that expansion is a good thing. I'll post the sizes if there is an interest. All the orings but for the piercing cap oring were viton in the hahn super repeaters I resealed. Didn't measure the LOP. I'm a small frame 9' 10" and it was comfortable for me. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2017 at 9:12pm
As long as they're commonly available sizes, I'm good to go. Now to find a good'un! lol
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2017 at 9:28pm
What is the circled area?

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2017 at 9:31pm
Just noticed there were Crosman/Hahn branded bbs-

FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2017 at 3:43pm
That's the bb loader, it cycles with the lever it works good, the feeding is very good on this gun. If you know the size seals let me know, I could use some Viton ones until I get new ones. I have only bought a few vintage C02 guns that the seals were in tact, 99% of them are gone that's why I think a lot of them are for sale.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2017 at 4:55pm
Okay, thanks. I don't know the O-ring sizes, maybe the fuse can help? I will likely need that info too, especially if I buy a 'beater'! lol One's for sale on gunbroker for BIN $51.00 plus shipping. Needless to say, it's rough. I'll probably hold out for one in better shape for a few dollars more, like the one linked to here. Please tell me if anyone is bidding on it! http://www.gunbroker.com/item/621503281.
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2017 at 5:51pm
I purchased a couple of them in pretty good shape, one held air for about 3 carts then started leaking like crazy. Probably sat a long time and the Pelgunoil just softened the seals and they fell apart. I have another one coming and the seller said it held air, I always like new seals in them so you know the gun will work when you go to use it. Harbor Freight has Viton O ring kits at a pretty good price, it would be cool if they had the sizes for this gun.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 20>
  Share Topic