Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 94 vs. 1894

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GmanOh10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 94 vs. 1894
    Posted: May-23-2019 at 5:48pm
Can someone tell me if the Model 94 is the same as the Model 1894? Just starting to get interested in these and when researching my model 94 I get mostly information on the Daisy model 1894. Hopefully not a dumb question and hopefully someone can clarify this before I go looking for parts and learn the hard way. Thanks
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2019 at 9:35pm
Not dumb at all and was something I also wondered about not too long ago! I'm sure there are people who will be along shortly to give you more details and links to info, but this is the gist of it.

The Models 1894 and 94 are different guns and share very little if anything in the way of components. The air tubes might be one part that's the same but I'd want to double check even that. The 94 Red Ryder came to be after the Number 111 Model 40 that the Red Ryder had been based on was discontinued. When the model changed from 111-40 to 94, some changes were made to the gun and this means they're separate guns that share a few features. But compared to the 1894, the 111-40 and 94 are brothers and the 1894 is a second cousin. Towards the end of production, the model 94 became the "Western Carbine" and the Red Ryder name was dropped. Red Ryders weren't made again until the early '70s when Daisy came out with the No. 1938 Red Ryder Carbine. After it, came the Model 1938A and that was very short lived due to a safety recall, then the 1938B was introduced and it's still in production today, now made in China.

The 1894 was one of the "Spittin' Image" series of guns made by Daisy. They began in the early '60s, and they ended in the mid '80s. There have been a ton of special editions and limited editions made during the time the 1894 was made. The 1894 was brought back for a short time in the mid '90s and the new design was different in a few ways that the original 1894.
twocompassheads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 11:34pm
  Like Cobalt327 said they have very few if anything in common.  The 1894 patent # 2,758,586 is for the plunger assembly and a floating type air tube and seal that is not mounted ridged and prone to breaking off like the early model 25's did and other guns.  The other patent # 3,245,392 is for the whole design and internal parts of the 1894, this is a unique style gun with special parts and operating system compared to the 94 or the 1938 style gun.  I don't know of any parts (except the plunger assembly) that would be interchangeable without maybe a small modification that would make it fit.

Ride and Have Fun
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic