Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

model 95

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmax3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: model 95
    Posted: November-22-2023 at 4:50pm
I have a model 95 gun purchased at an auction about 5 years ago. the lot number starts with J5 and it has the Daisy with a woodgrain background on the cocking lever. I believe this to mean it was made in September 1975. My question is that there is no evidence there has ever been a rear sight. Also, there are no holes for mounting a scope. Was this the way this gun was sold originally??
JMAX3
Segata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Segata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2023 at 5:59pm
All the results on Google definately don't show one unless it works like the Buck where the spring block acts as the rear sight.
teerex.otw View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teerex.otw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2023 at 6:36pm
What kind of front sight does it have ?
Is it a standard 95 sight, or something different (like a 102) ?
I picked up an oddball 96 about a year ago that had the 102 front and a spring anchor rear, along with some other differences, and no reg. number.
jmax3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmax3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2023 at 7:09pm
I was thinking it was like the Buck also. The spring block is raised above the barrel a little but does not have a groove in the middle to line up with the front sight. The front sight is welded on and tapers down toward the front.
JMAX3
Segata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Segata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2023 at 10:39am
Perhaps it could be the wrong block as theres likely more RR variants about than any other model so if its had work done they might've just fitted what they had.
Hopefully somone with a factory complete model can confirm and the images don't go close enough on Google.
jmax3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmax3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2023 at 11:27am
Thanks, that is a possibility.
JMAX3
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2023 at 12:51am
The photo shows a 95- it also is a "J5", Reg. No. J507910. The front sight tapers rearward, not towards the front.

Mark

jmax3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmax3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2023 at 7:12pm
Thanks Mark. Mine is welded on and is shorter than this one, tapering toward the front. Mine also says Lot no.J506950. I have read that Reg no. was changed to Lot no. in the mid 1970s. Yours would be much easier to aim.
JMAX3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic