Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 99 abutment washer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mod1894/99# Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 99 abutment washer
    Posted: July-26-2022 at 5:00pm
I have a model 99 that does not shoot very strongly and I took it apart and cannot find what seems to be in a diagram, listed as a an abutment washer. Looking online it appears there are resell kits, but they don't look like the original plunger that came out of the gun. Am I missing something here, is there something that should be able to be pulled out that is the abutment washer additionally it doesn't shoot very strongly so I'm not certain if it needs a new spring. Any ideas?
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2022 at 7:02pm
The abutment washer or seal may have become stuck to the piston and it was pulled out of the gun when the plunger assembly was removed. Look closely at the piston and you may see the parting line between the seal and piston. The photo shows a model 94 piston that has a seal stuck to it:

If the spring will roll more or less evenly across a flat surface, and has the coils evenly spaced and is not bent, I'd reseal it and call it a day.

Mod1894/99# View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mod1894/99# Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2022 at 9:05pm
Thanks for the detail. I just signed up and I did not get notice of your response. Ok, I separated the washer, should it be glues in the gun, or some how affixed, as the service manual talks about removeing it after removing the assembly?
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2022 at 9:22pm
Yeah, this forum doesn't send out alerts when your thread gets a response. 

Seals sticking together was a common problem with the wide frame guns for some reason. Daisy stakes the barrel seal to hold it in place. Sometimes you can get away with installing a new seal using the original staking, but a used seal will likely never stay put by staking alone, even if you restake it. If you decide to restake it, be careful to not puncture the shroud. If you reuse the original barrel seal, thoroughly degrease everything first, including the seal and the face of the piston using alcohol. I wrote a little on this, you can see it here: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/model-96-repair_topic9935_post42734.html#42734

Mod1894/99# View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mod1894/99# Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2022 at 1:13am
Thanks for the response.
Steve O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2023 at 9:07pm
Was looking for help with the daisy 155 I am restoring. My plunger looks exactly like the model 99 u show in your picture. That makes me happy because I've yet to find a schematic of the 155.
When I knocked the abutment washer out the barrel I didnt take notice of which end came in contact with the other washer and which way forward.
Can u advise.
Also any part numbers for those washers?
Thanks,
Steve
sfo0531@outlook.com
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2023 at 9:24pm
I sent you an email with info...
Steve O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2023 at 9:30pm
Awesome, thank you

Steve O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2023 at 9:53pm
I have emailed u.
Thank you so much!
Steve O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2023 at 7:17pm
Mark,
I emailed you.
Does the shot tube have to screw into the metal abutment washer until it no longer turns.
Mine tightens up but will not tighten until you can no longerturn it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic