Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 99 shot tube

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rickc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 99 shot tube
    Posted: August-20-2019 at 5:29pm
I bought a model 99 today so very happy but the shot tube assembly is missing. From what I've been able to find on line it is the first version as it does not have a loading port in the side of the barrel. Can anyone recommend a parts source? I think there are two types of shot tubes for this style gravity and spring but thats about all I've been able to find so far. I'd love to get it back in operation so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rick
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2019 at 7:56pm
If I remember right a model 25 new style will fit perfect and you can get them from Daisy direct , hope this helps .
Realshooter
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2019 at 9:49pm
Hello and welcome, Rick.  Great to have you here on the Daisy Talk forum.

Dan is correct that the current Model 25 shot tube will work in your Model 99 IF it is designed for a spring fed tube.  The Model 25 shot tube will not work for a gravity-fed Model 99.

I like to have original parts as much as possible.  The new model shot tubes use a magnet to hold the BB's in place before firing instead of the original retaining wire design.

I may have an original Model 99 spring-fed shot tube in my parts bin.  Let me check and I'll get in touch if I do have one here.

Be Prepared
Rickc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rickc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2019 at 6:23am
Many thanks for the quick replies and advice. The more I read about the 99 the more I want to get it firing. I have an email into Daisy as well to see if it's a gravity feed or not. Forgot to mention I picked up a model 75 Scout at the same time, newer version with plastic stock but a dandy little ( very little ) shooter! Thanks again !
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2019 at 11:18am
Contact the Daisy museum for a manufacture date, Rick.  Send them the Reg. No. from the top of the gun receiver and they can provide manufacture date for you.

Gravity feed shot tubes were in 1959 only.  The gravity feed shot tubes have an external flange that fits over the end of the barrel.  This flange is scored to improve shooter grip and it is reminiscent of a soda bottle cap.

The spring feed shot tubes fit flush with the barrel with no external flange.
Be Prepared
Rickc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rickc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2019 at 12:18pm
Thanks for the info, have an email in with Daisy now to determine the year and appropriate part.
Rickc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rickc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2019 at 12:22pm
Also, from the info you gave me I'm thinking it was a spring feed tube because the end of the barrel was no wear on the exterior paint.
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2019 at 1:36pm
Here is a photo (courtesy of Pyramid Air) of a 1959 gravity feed Model 99 shot tube.  Also note that there is a hole in the outer barrel for BB loading.

Daisy 99 magazine inlet
Be Prepared
Rickc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rickc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2019 at 2:39pm
There is no port on the barrel of mine so looks like its a spring loader. Thanks for helping me narrow this down. Hopefully I'll be able to locate a new/ used tube as quickly.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2019 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Rickc Rickc wrote:

I bought a model 99 today so very happy but the shot tube assembly is missing. From what I've been able to find on line it is the first version as it does not have a loading port in the side of the barrel. Can anyone recommend a parts source? I think there are two types of shot tubes for this style gravity and spring but thats about all I've been able to find so far. I'd love to get it back in operation so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rick
Right before the Model 99 became the model 99B, they also used a spring loaded shot tube. These looked different than the old, all steel tubes while not being the same as the current production shot tube. Call them a 'transitional' shot tube. The one below is from a model 99 stamped May, 1976 LOT NO. E607837.

Your gun could use this type shot tube if it's from this era. Some clues to its age are things like having a LOT NO. as opposed to a REG. NO. (although they still used REG. NO. on the early '70's guns), or a ~ dime sized Daisy sticker on the right side, just forward of the trigger guard (or the tell-tale glue residue often seen after the sticker was removed). Another hint is phillips screws. And satin black paint as opposed to the dark blue Daisy used on the older guns.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic