Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 99 trigger spring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2021 at 11:30pm
Mark.  I have had at least 5 requests for a 99 trigger springs so I started to investigate material to make them.  Attached is the URL for some material that maybe used to make the spring.   However I have no knowledge of the spring itself.  

Do not know if the width or thickness would be close to the original material, but it may work... 

Can you provide any input on that?  Do not know if the material is long enough or of the right dimensions.  I do not have a 99 trigger spring to evaluate.

Anyone interested in making a spring should also check it out.
Like I said before I do have spring jigs and winding tools that with this material I just found I could maybe make them.

Thanks and regards, Rick

Aim Straight
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2021 at 3:07am
Rick, that would be great if you could make them! I'll check the gun I have here that has a 99 trigger in it (it's a customized model 96) to see if it has the leaf or coil spring. Back when I assembled the gun, I didn't even know there were two types of triggers. I'll get back to you after I look at it.
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2021 at 12:02am
Mark,   I gave up the last time we discussed this.  Trying to form leaf spring material was just too frustrating as it always broke.  This material says it is "formable" so maybe I can give it another try.  But I am wrong sometimes.  Willing to give it a try and invest in the material if it is close to what a 99 needs.  I do not own a 99 nor ever saw a trigger spring for it.  But there seems to be a lot of interest for one.  Let me know if you can shed any light on the spring..
rick
Aim Straight
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2021 at 2:16am
I got a chance to look at my trigger and it has the coil spring, so it's no help. And I apologize for reading too much into your post regarding you making them. You finding the spring stock gives anyone wanting to try their hand at making a spring a head start, so thanks for that.

Question- in your opinion, could the spring material be annealed first, then formed, and after that re heat treated?
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2021 at 11:56pm
Mark, I have no idea about that..   Unfortunately I am not familiar with metal hardening, etc...
I do not think you will see me on Forged in Fire anytime soon...  But I do know I tried it once.  Heated a spring up and "quenched" it.  Tested it and the spring broke into pieces... LOL
Rick
Aim Straight
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2021 at 7:20am
Ha! Sounds like something that would happen to me...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic