Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 99 trigger spring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 99 trigger spring
    Posted: March-24-2020 at 1:37pm
A while back, someone here was working on a model 99 trigger that the spring had come loose. Forgive me but I can't remember who it was. I wanted to know if they found a source for the trigger spring, or if all they needed to do was to reinstall the existing spring. Reason I ask is I have a friend who thinks his spring may have become weak, causing the gun to not reset right when he cocks it.

I do have a copy of the excellent trigger pdf that another member supplied and have forwarded it to him already- thanks for that!

And thanks in advance for any help with this.

Mark
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2020 at 10:14pm
Mark send me that pdf of trigger spring.  I make springs for the 25, and lots of vintage cap guns.  I have spring making jigs and spring winding tools so if I have an original, or good dimensions on the spring I could probably make you one...   just a whim on my part here, but I love a challenge. Maybe I can't.  If it is a torsion spring should be no problem, if it is a compression or leaf spring could be more difficult .  Rick
Aim Straight
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2020 at 12:52am
Thank you, Rick, will do. 
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2020 at 9:12pm
Rick, did you ever consider a sideline of making shot retainer springs?

jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2020 at 9:32pm
Mark... Just sent you an email about the 99 Trigger spring... From your info you sent it is definitely a leaf spring using the flat metal stock...  Unfortunately I do not have any tools made up for that material, plus I do not have any leaf spring stock. In many cases that leaf spring stock is untempered, you form the spring then it is tempered.   So I will have to say I can't do that spring. 

Yes I have a jig made for the shot retainers, have made a bunch for certain people.  The main problem with these springs is that you always have to tweak them to get them working properly on the particular shot tube it is being installed on. and its not worth my trouble to sell to the general public (if you know what I mean).  Even factory springs have to be sometimes tweaked because of the variables in the shot tube itself... 
Aim Straight
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2020 at 1:03am
I responded to your email earlier. Thank you kindly, Rick, for giving it a look and for your input.
allouissious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allouissious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2021 at 8:47pm
Hello all . . . 

I am a new member . . as of today - 3 April 2021.

After re-discovering (hidden in the attic) a model 99 which was given to me a few years ago . . . and now retired, still Covid isolating and project completing . . . I find that the trigger mechanism must be missing an important spring?! Some reading here and other web searches has shown that the "trigger unit" is impossible to find. I'm wondering if I can make the spring?

I see that cobalt 327 mentioned that he had a "pdf of the spring from another member". Is that pdf available to a newbie? If so, how might I see it? Get a copy? Other suggestions/help?

Other than the trigger issue and a missing rear sight, my gun appears to be in quite good shape. Sure hope I can get it working again!!

Thanks for any help,
allouissious in Austin

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2021 at 5:38am
Below is the trigger pdf that another member supplied. It is not of the spring, although the spring can be seen in the drawing.

Also, there are two types of triggers used. One had the leaf spring like shown here. The other uses a coil spring. I don't have a drawing showing a coil spring trigger. 

allouissious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allouissious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2021 at 10:27am
THANKS cobalt 327,

After a little more searching last evening, I found and was able to download the Model 99 Service Manual and it contained this illustration. I had hoped for something that would give me dimensions of the spring but the illustration is helpful in showing location and orientation.

Thanks for your response . . . hopefully, now armed with some detail, I will be able to make a leaf type spring which will revive the trigger and gun. Will be reading and enjoying more helpful hints on this great site!

HAPPY EASTER . . . 

allouissious in Austin
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2021 at 11:17am
I wish you well!

For anyone else in need of the model 99 manual, it can be seen here, thanks to our Daisy Talk friend, Fredryder (aka Grant) and his friend, the late Dave Albert:https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/grantthekiwisairgunforum/dave-albert-daisy-resource-t3831-s30.html#p9495

Additional Daisy info compiled by them is here: http://www.network54.com/Forum/576299/message/1304028773/Dave+Albert.+++++++Daisy+Resource

Fredryder's own forum with a lot of cool projects, guns and info is here: The Technical Section. The man is a master machinist and works without computer assisted machine tools. Below is a Crosman trigger I bought from him.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic