Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Modification to Low end Daisy’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan_house Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modification to Low end Daisy’s
    Posted: January-12-2005 at 7:47am

Any body ever modify the 105 Buck, the timberwolf or the RR?

seems to me the little guns could use a tweak or two to make them better, something that Daisy could have done at the factory......

dan

RM422 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RM422 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2005 at 2:15pm
i have never done it myself but i agree they could all use a little tweak or two. maybe i will try it on my old daisy 453.
dan_house View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan_house Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2005 at 9:26am

I was thinking of a couple of things first:

first, do a trigger job. Smooth and polish all contact points in the trigger group.

second, do a Mili-tec job on the barrel (if I can, mine hasnt arrived yet....) to reduce barrel drag, and hopefully squeeze a litle extra velocity and/or improve accuracy. I realize they are not tack drivers, but anything to help....

dan

RM422 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RM422 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2005 at 11:47am
my suggestion to getting a higher velocity is changing the spring instead. that would make most of the difference.  not that what you mentioned wouldn't help.
dan_house View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan_house Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2005 at 12:10pm

New spring.... hmmm......

yea, that'd be next.  need to study the mechanism a lot more to see what else can be done.

Mohavekid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohavekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2005 at 7:40am

I was thinking the same thing.  I have a new RR, a new Winchester 1894 and a Timberwolf.  All three supposedly shoot at different FPS, with the Timberwolf at 325 FPS, the 1894 at 300 FPS and the RR at 280 FPS.

Does anybody know if I could swap out the Timberwolf spring to the RR or 1894 to give them a boost?

Thanks

pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2005 at 8:18am
Hello, I think the spring sizes are diffetent in both diameter and length. They probably wont even fit. And also you need a special tool to assemble and dissamble them. You need to either make one or buy one, and they are not easy to get. Best to just leave them the way they are!
RM422 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RM422 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2005 at 1:31pm

the spring from the 1894 might fit in the RR. because the 1894 is a form if the red ryder. and the spring from the timberwolf would probably fit in the RR also because if you look at all three they both are very similar. Pinball why don't you tell us exactly what this special tool is.

Mohavekid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohavekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2005 at 2:03pm

I think he's talking about a spring fork.  I found this site which sells the tool.

http://www.bryanandac.com/new_page_4.htm

The tool can be purchased or made, the issue is determining whether the spring from the model 95 will fit the new 1894 or the new red ryder.  I don't know that I would call the 1894 a form of the RR, they seem to be dramatically different.  

Does anybody know for sure?  Maybe someone has a parts list or schematic for these three rifles so we can see for ourselves whether the springs are interchangable or not.

Any input is appreciated.

Edited by Mohavekid
pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2005 at 3:09pm
Hello, yes I was talking about that spring fork. You can contact Daisy for a parts drawing but I dont know if it will say dimensions. The Red Ryder and the 1894 are similar? In my opinion they are TOTALLY different. Again all the trouble you will go throught to get a little more power, may not be worth it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic