Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Modification to Low end Daisy’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan_house Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2005 at 7:25am

Pinball

Is it worth trying to get a little more ooomph out of a 19 dollar bbgun? No, of course not! Can I make it better/faster/more fun shoot? that;s the issue. Its a puzzle/problem to be solved.

therein lies the fun of it.

I would never modify a collectible Daisy (or anyother airgun or pyro rifle) but a brand new $19.00 one, o yea, bring on the screw driver.

slefelar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slefelar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2005 at 9:03am

I bought my daughter (who is 5) a 105 Buck and the trigger is quite stiff.  It takes her 2 fingers to pull it. 

Dan--Have you had any luck with a trigger job on your RR?  I don't want to take it apart for a trigger job without some assurance that I can get it back together again without too much fuss.

dan_house View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan_house Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2005 at 9:16am

No, havent taken it apart yet.

But mine is istff too. I dont know if the usual method (not having seen the internals yet) will reduce trigger weight any. Still waiting on the diagrams from Daisy....but try just shooting it alot. Sometimes that will "wear in" a trigger.

5 years old? Does she have any problem cocking it? Is she a better shot than you? Wink

Edited by dan_house
pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2005 at 10:41am
You could probably just cut the spring in half. Just take the stock off and the spring should be connected to it. Or at least that is how the older ones are. But the only problem with that is if the trigger gets to loose, then you may just bump it and it may shoot accendntly. Be careful.
slefelar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slefelar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2005 at 10:51am

She can't cock it, which is just as well at this point.  She is responsible for a 5 year old, but she is still 5.

I started her off on my Drozd auto BB gun which has an electric trigger and uses CO2.  The Daisy trigger seems extremely heavy in comparison to her, which it is.  It would be nice to lighten it up for her so she only has to use one finger to fire it.

I have her shooting in the basement at about 5 meters and she does quite well (especially with the Drozd).  I have to hold onto the Drozd or things might get out of control.  I bought the Daisy to let her hold and fire the gun herself.  She has to pull so hard on the trigger it makes it difficult for to keep the gun still.

Let me know if you get it apart.  You can be the guinea pig.  

Pinball--thanks for the advice.  I only let her shoot under the closest possible supervision but certainly don't want to create a "hair" trigger that is dangerous.

Edited by slefelar
slefelar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slefelar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2005 at 4:17am

I fooled abound with my daughter's 105 Buck yesterday.  I removed the buttstock by removing the two rear most screws--one on top of the receiver and the other on on the side held by a nut.

With the stock removed, you can see the trigger is actuated by two springs, one larger than the other.  I removed the rear-most spring with a needle-nosed pliars and this made the trigger pull significantly lighter, enough that my daughter can now pull it with one finger.  The removal of this spring does not appear to negatively impact the operation of the trigger.  There is enough tension left that I don't think the trigger is dangerous either. 

I did not attempt any further disassembly or trigger modifications.

dan_house View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan_house Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2005 at 8:24am

So cocking the gun and smacking it around didnt discharge?

cool! need to check that out.

got the schematic finally. now to make the spring tool.

and to see what other trigger mods can be had.

constant sorrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant sorrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2006 at 3:58pm
i just did a front sight mod to my brand new 3day old daisy red ryder. after shoting it a couple days i hated the front plastic sight i wanted something like the 105 buck, a tru glow sight. when i was at wally mart i seen the HIGVIZ spark II sight for shotguns. it was only 5 dollars so not a big hit to the bank account. i just finished instaling it and im waiting for nicer weather to go try it out. here is a pic of the finished install.

that is the only good pic i could get with my camera. sofar i think its a nice addtion for now. i might still order the front truglo sight for the 105 buck rifle and try that. it does look like it will fit, cause i pulled a buck out of the boat at wally mart. plus the truglo sight on the 105 buck is longer and i held it upto the light in the store, it was really bright. but for now ill wait for a sunny day in southren california here to try this hiviz sight.

any more rain here and ill go nuts, cant shoot my daisy
dan_house View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan_house Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2006 at 5:21am

Way cool!

The buck sight should work. I like the rear sight on the RR and like you dislike the front one.

Looks like an easy mod.

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

The lunatic fringe of American Airgunning
jarrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2006 at 6:23pm
Does anyone have a picture or diagram of that Daisy spring fork?   I sure would like to see what it looks like. jayarrow@thecia.net
jarrow
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic