Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Modification to Low end Daisy’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan_house Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2006 at 5:49am

Jay

youve got mail!

dan

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

The lunatic fringe of American Airgunning
jollychainsaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jollychainsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2007 at 4:41pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction?

I have modified my 105 buck to be a bore-loaded, single-shot paintball gun....It works rather well at close range, but I need to add a stronger spring.

Does anyone know where I can get a diagram to disassemble the gun as well as a stronger spring?

Thanks!

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 1:24am

Hey all.  I was wondering how and if I could modify my Buffalo Bill scout bb gun.  Thanks for your help and support.

Ray

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2007 at 7:23am

Originally posted by pinball-1 pinball-1 wrote:

Hello, yes I was talking about that spring fork. You can contact Daisy for a parts drawing but I dont know if it will say dimensions. The Red Ryder and the 1894 are similar? In my opinion they are TOTALLY different. Again all the trouble you will go throught to get a little more power, may not be worth it.

Good advise..Enjoy the little guns for what they are..Want more power or precision, get a higher end gun.

MB67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2007 at 6:31pm

Good advice, no doubt. They are but little guns and weren't designed to be seriously upgraded.

Then again, a model 95 that could shoot near 500 fps would be a very convenient and FUN way to curb the local red squirrel population. Even if the lever action was a bit more laborious, the trade off would be worth it (to me at least).

As long as no real Daisys were actually ruined in the making of this, shall we say.... super-gun, I'd have to say that I'm definitely "pro-modify".

Just thinking out loud here.....I think the trick would simply be finding the optimum spring. Removing the OEM spring and installing a new high performance spring would automatically give the gun more power. The problem is getting the new spring to fit both compressed and decompressed within the same confines as the original spring.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2007 at 3:38am
NVM about the buffalo bill modification.  Forgot it was collectable :D
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2007 at 1:10pm
The reason I like the non-mod power on, say a 105 Buck is that it makes a great cat deterrent...Won't penetrate at like 50 ft. but eventually teaches them to stay the heck out of my yard!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic