Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Latest Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Latest Challenge
    Posted: October-15-2018 at 8:23pm
I know, I know, the Daisy 200 pistol is a dud, I took the challenge and got not only a 200 but it's older less reliable brother the  100! they are both in mint condition. I actually got the 200 to seal up, problem is it will not cycle? The trigger is moving the elevator some, and it is put back together correctly but will not fire. It actually cycled with the extreme leak at the pierce pin to begin with. Theses are way cool looking heavy metal guns. Any ideas for those of you that have had these would be appreciated.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2018 at 9:11pm
I bookmarked this thread a while back when I was thinking about getting one. You could do a search there for "co2 200", might pick up some more info.  I think the thread below is more on sealing it than feeding, but FWIW: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/americanvintageairguns/viewtopic.php?f=405945&t=2197&p=12569&hilit=co2+200#p12569
Good luck!
Daily shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2018 at 1:09am
I have been faced with the same problem on my 200 by forgetting it must have bbs lined up and ready to shoot. If not, the bb follower goes through the elevator and locks it in place. To fire the 200 unloaded you have to move the follower handle slightly forward. Can't remember any other situation that would cause a charged up 200 to not cycle. They are strong shooters and fun when they are working. Good luck.
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2018 at 6:32am
The 200 is up and firing, ran a couple of carts through it and what a nice gun it is. Problem is that when I cleaned out the old piercing pin seal material it clogged the orifice. Cleaned that out and the main valve would charge and fire. The main seals in mine are pristine, they do not look like the ones shown in other rebuilds on the net, they appear to be a hard red type of delrin or something. I just used a small o ring around the piercing pin, it's not perfect but you can get about 4-5 hrs. of good seal with it. I tried a D12 pierce set-up and that worked great. Smile
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2018 at 6:16am
Really liking the 200, crisp trigger, lots of shots, and it's quite accurate. I have noticed Daisy Co2 carts seal up much better than the Crosman's in this gun, it will hold indefinitely with the Daisy carts, with other pistols, the Daisy carts seem to loose pressure quickly? the head of the carts is definitely a different design between the two. I have the grey paint version 200 with the dark grips and the blue/teal box, I think it's a 60's model, but there's not much to date these on, seems like the Powerline designation came later, maybe one of you know a little more on the dating of these.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2018 at 6:06pm
If it doesn't have a Lot No. it's probably older than '72. I don't know when the Power Line name came along but I have a photo of a booklet on "Introducing the Power Line From Daisy" dated 1973. But generally speaking, dating info on the 200 is scarce. I have quite a few photos of various 200s some w/boxes, some showing Lot No.s, etc., be glad to email them to you if you have any interest in them.
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2018 at 8:20pm
Thanks, I received my Daisy 100 pistol today, seems to be a really nice gun all the parts are in it and in tact. I disassembled it and cleaned everything and pelgun oiled the valve parts which were also in nice shape for being 56 years old. Almost all metal, and feels smaller and heavier in your hand compared to the 200,almost an exact replica of the Wamo .22 firearm. I got it to pop off one shot before the valve stuck open or is leaking. Not many photos on the internals on this one, I'll have to get a donor 200 for valve parts to see if they work.Smile
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2018 at 8:48pm
There was a guy named Jimmie that had a lot of luck sealing them, actually did a reseal for a few forum members.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2018 at 9:25pm
There waws also a member "jimmie" who resealed them. This is from an old post:

I recall there being a member here "jimmie" who repairs the CO2 200: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/member_profile.asp?PF=9957 He might be able to help with the age, No contact info is shown, maybe someone here can help.
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2018 at 10:08pm
">I think I got it, the 200 I did will hold indefinitely and get 125 shots a cart. My trigger mech was installed wrong on the 100 from the previous owner, I re-set that and it fires with authority! The plastic valve seals in these guns (at least the ones I have) do not really wear out, they are nylon or delrin or some type of polymer and a little cleaning and oiling and they hold gas. The pierce seal is the bugger, I cleaned out the old seal (some type of epoxy or something) and replaced it with a very small urethane tube and it seals it great. By accident, I discovered Daisy Co2 carts work best with these pierce needle guns, they look the same design as some 35 year old Daisy carts I had, the Crosmans seem to hiss a little at the puncture point. Very nice to have these cracking again and smoking bb's downrange. Smile

Having lots of fun with these old pistols, they work like new guns!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic