Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Daisy Part

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Neidinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Daisy Part
    Posted: June-16-2017 at 10:49pm
Hi All,
Working on a Daisy No 11 Model 29 Reverse Cocker and need a part.
It is the cast piece that rides in the plunger housing and inside the spring.
It pushes on the lever and makes it a reverse cocking gun.
See Pictures.
Thanks  Dan
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2017 at 9:29am
I can't help, but I appreciate the photos- I've been curious how the reverse cockers work and they help explain it. I have to say I still don't fully understand how it works, but any info is better than none.

Good luck!
Dan Neidinger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Neidinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2017 at 1:59pm
Let me with limited knowledge try to explain.
On a regular gun (1894-25-99 etc) the rear of the spring is held with the spring anchor.
On the opening stroke of the lever, the plunger housing is pushed back with tension to the sear on the trigger.  On a reverse cocker there is no spring anchor and on the opening stroke everything moves back to the sear.  Then upon closing the nose of the lever pushes the rear of the spring and compresses it forward.  It is held in place by the nose of the lever acting as the anchor.  Hope that makes it a little clearer.  Dan
John in N.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in N.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2017 at 7:27pm
Excellent description Dan, it was driving me nuts as well. Can we get a pic of the lever end ?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Neidinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2017 at 10:16pm
Lever is the same for both style guns.  Dan
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Neidinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2017 at 9:27pm
John in N.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in N.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2017 at 6:58am
Thanks Dan, makes all the sense in the world once you see it. Quite the setup. Makes you wonder how LeFevers mind operated. Maybe he had something against retainers/anchors for a short spell ! LOL.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2017 at 2:07pm
I appreciate that as well, Dan- thanks!
almyjmoore View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2017 at 10:45pm
Great explanation and pictures but I'll have to take one apart in order to understand how it works. To prove that I don't understand, I'll ask the following question: Can you make any gun a reverse cocker by removing the anchor and adding that little cast iron piece?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Neidinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2017 at 5:40am
I would have to think yes if, that model had reverse cockers made in production.
As the 11-29 did. But no as for 1938 RR or such. 
Its all about lever hole angle and lever nose design.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic