Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help on how to load a gun *I know right*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote That duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help on how to load a gun *I know right*
    Posted: September-13-2020 at 2:34pm
So today I got a lever action gun from a garage sale, when I got home I noticed that this model is not a typical daisy lever action rifle, I looked all over the internet for an answer or the manual and found nothing, so here am I hoping that know or owns the same gun as mine know how to load it, the gun is a daisy lever action rifle model 1000 PAT. NO. 2.758.586, made in Rogers Arkansas. 
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2020 at 2:55pm
Three basic ways for most lever guns.
twist shot tube to reveal hole at top of muzzle, drop BB's in.
twist shot tube to reveal hole in muzzle end of tube under the barrel and drop BB's in.
Has a square door on the left side of the barrel near the muzzle, push in to add BB's

And if it has a #25 type shot tube unscrew counter clockwise (looking at muzzle. Pull back spring loaded tab to reveal hole in tube alongside actual barrel to drop BB's in.

If you can post a picture of the gun, and one of the last few inches of barrel will help reveal with one you have.

Gary
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2020 at 8:30pm
The 1000 came out in 1997 to 2000, it is a Powerline Breakbarrel single shot .177 pellet rifle.  When you break the barrel it cocks the rifle and then insert the pellet and close the barrel.  There is a safety switch and your ready to fire.  That was the first one, it was blued barrel with a wood stock.
   The next one came out in 2004 to 2010 and it was also a single shot breakbarrel pellet rifle, that shoots 1000FPS.  It has a black synthetic stock from 2004 - 2009, and a wood stock from 2009-2010 and it has a painted finish.

Ride and Have Fun
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2020 at 8:42pm
I just noticed that you said it was a lever action, then it must be the Western Auto 1000 from 1965 to late 1980's.  This is a 700 shot with a wood stock and a plastic molded forearm.  Just go by what Bavaria55n said on the different types of loading.  Sorry about the mix up, hope you didn't break your barrel and try to load it. LOL
Ride and Have Fun
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2020 at 11:05pm
I think there was also a "transitional" model 1000 similar to the model 98 that uses a loading port on the underside of the outer barrel. The port is opened by turning the plastic shot tube cap at the muzzle. The photo shows the loading port opened, and the cap is partially pulled out of the outer barrel. It's not necessary to pull the cap out to load the gun.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic