Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New metal Daisy Levers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New metal Daisy Levers
    Posted: April-20-2017 at 5:39pm
I received my order from Daisy today which included four levers for the newer guns. I bought the metal ones for $3.00 each instead of the plastic levers for $2.00 each. I was expecting aluminum but they are quite heavy. They weigh 6 oz each, the exact same weight as the 90 year old Daisy cast iron levers. Aluminum levers weigh 2 3/4 oz.  The cast iron levers  will stick to a magnet but the new ones won't.  What are these new metal levers made from?
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2017 at 9:06pm
A zinc alloy is my best guess.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 8:52am
Thanks for the info cobalt. Now there are 4 kinds of lever materials.
Gary
almyjmoore View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2017 at 8:28am
I wish Daisy would use the new material to make some reproduction levers for the earlier cast iron levers.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2017 at 9:04am
Probably a very small market for that.
If you know someone who casts metal it could be done on a small scale but would be take a lot of time to come up with a proper mold. If you just use an original as a pattern the shrinkage would probably be enough to wind up with something too small to look or work properly.
Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic