Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Release, Daisy No 25 Pump Action BB Gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Release, Daisy No 25 Pump Action BB Gun
    Posted: October-22-2009 at 9:15am
I was amazed to learn from a member of the Daisy Talk Forum  (Gabby 4686) while visiting the latest Wirestock thread that there is apparantly a brand new release of a reissue of the famous Daisy No 25 Pump Action BB Gun and additionally, that he had ordered one from www.BassPro.com. The barrel and receiver is made from steel and the receiver has the image of a hunter and fowl engraved/stamped thereon; has a combination peep and V notched rear sight, blade front sight; wood stock and 5-groove wood pump handle; PLASTIC trigger with a cross block safety.   I obtained this information by looking at a listing on www.BassPro.com web site; while their listing didn't list all of the features, an examination of the photo provided me with the more detailed information and while there I ordered two specimens. 

I also checked out all of the vendors on the Museum's "Where to Buy" and only BassPro had the gun listed.  I guess it won't be long before the others will have them but this is quite a surprise.

My grandchildren favor the Model 25 over most of my other models, so now I will have something to take the stress from my vintage Model 25's!!!!

I think the Daisy folk have hit a grand slam home run with this reissue of the Daisy No 25 Pump Action B-B Gun; it is probably the best 'loved' gun of the Daisy fans.  Wonder if Daisy will also reissue the neat little red metal cleaning kits that contained patches, gun cloth, bore bursh on a rod, cleaning rod, gun oil and touch up stuff w/burshes.  Wish that bore brush on a rod had removable wire brushes in lieu of that permanent deal; they wear out!
Semper Fi
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 11:41am
Geez, now the 'fun' begins; heard from another forum that someone "heard" that the top cap to the shot tube is made from plastic; don't know how the projet engineers could get that past the quality control review board, hard to believe.
 Someone already received their reissued No. 25 and for sure the top of the shot tube is made from plastic ; results should be interesting for the long haul, but as someone indicated, in order to cut costs and make the reissue economically feaseable some compromises had to be made.                                                                                                                                                           
Semper Fi
GABBY4686 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GABBY4686 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2009 at 5:15pm
hi willie the shot  tube is all metal it does't have the little sping on the bottom of the tube any longer they can up with a strange little thing on the bottom end of the shot tube to where it will not shoot 2 bbs now or a least mine don't.i really like this newbie even if it is made in china.willie i think you will feel the same if not let me knoww ok? gabby4686
GABBY
GABBY4686 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GABBY4686 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2009 at 5:27pm
hi again willie speaking of plasitic triggers i have 6 out of 8  daisys hanging on my wall that are all collectables and they all have plastic triggers.willie i've never had a problem with one. like i said if you don't like the guns tell me.
GABBY
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 3:07pm
Today I received my two new Daisy No 25 Pump Action BB Guns (2).  I think they are absolutely worth the money; one of them will be my 'working' gun and I know it will provide me with many hours if not years of enjoyment.

However. there are some issues that I feel need to be addressed:

The front sight blade is canted toward the left as viewed through the rear sight; I hesitate to straighten it just yet, and it is going to be a challenge to acquire the expertise to be a superior marksman.

The combination V-notched rear sight is somewhat pitiful, ie., too small and dainty.

The receiver tang-to-stock strap is not centered on the top of the stock, nor is the screw hole centered on the tang that fastens it to the stock.

There is no description as to what kind of wood is used on the stock and grooved pump handle; it looks like if was from one of those artifically induced rapidly-grown trees; it might do to sand and restain the wood.  Additionally, I would have liked to see the butt stock grooved.  The wood reminds me of the material used on some of the later versions of the Daisy Model 1938B, in that if it gets scratched, it stays scratched.

The take-down screw is fastened with a nut; the only previous Daisy pump action B-B Gun with a bolt fastened to the take-down screw that I know of is the Model 225.

The finish is susceptable to accelerated wear; underside of the barrel is already stripped with just 25 rounds fired.

I looked at all of the metal surfaces very thoroughly and could not find the presence of patent numbers; the lot number on this specimen is 162009766021V.

The engraving lines on this model are wider and deeper than that found on the 1936+ model No 25's but is somewhat less attractive.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           The trigger is made from a non-ferrous alloy, possibly a pot aluminum of some kind (this information is the contribution of Richard, aka BBacquire; I had originally described it as plastic) and it has a cross bolt safety; I do not anticipate any problems.

The muzzle end of the shot tube is  made from the same kind of non-ferrous alloy (again, a contribution from Richard, aka BBacquire); the receiver end of the shot tube is definitly improved in that it is very user-friendly in reinserting it into the barrel; the shot tube spring seems significantly weaker when compared to that which is found in the old No 25, but as Anonymous aka bavaria55n chided me, "maybe it won't hurt so much when it zaps you in the thumb."

At muzzle velocity of 350fps it is energetic enough to suit me, and sends those tin cans flying.

In my opinion I think that the quality control process must  be tightened up if this gun is to have a long production run.

The gun is in fact, made in China.  It is a national shame that the corporate raiders and our politicians have broken the back of the American manufacturing process.

Overall I find this reissue of the Daisy Model No 25 quite satisfactory and would recommend it as a quality purchase for the money, and the Daisy folk can be rightfully proud of this product, however I am eagerly looking forward to Variation 1 with significant improvements even if it means a higher price.

I hope the readers will undestand that I am in no way shape or form a professional appraisor; I can only offer up my personal opinion as a user of the product.  As an aside, today I also received a Model 1894 Texas Ranger Commemorative in a  used but in as near a brand new condition as you can get, and the quality comparison with the new issue No 25 is well, heartbreaking, but REMEMBER, I frimly believe that  the new issue  No 25 is a quality product well worth the money.  I think you Daisy lovers will understand where I am coming from, wishing that it could have been produced in the U. S. of A., because after all it has been an integral part of our history.

Richard, aka BBacquire describes his experience in taking this gun apart, and if you are interested, log on at www.network54.com and click on NEW ISSJUE OF THE DAISY NO 25 PUMP ACTION BB GUN.
Semper Fi
Redryder45 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redryder45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 10:01am
 I agree, it is a shame that we can no longer manufacture goods in the U.S.A. 
 I think this should be made a priority before we lose more jobs.

If the model 25 was higher quality I'm sure many would be glad to pay the additional cost. I think
 that I may wait also for the second version.
bweaklan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bweaklan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 2:45pm
I was informed by BassPro that the New Model 25 is now on BACKORDER. I wonder how many were sold?
Buck
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2009 at 1:27pm
In a way it is not surprising that ProBass experienced a sell out of the Model No 25 when you consider that it was apparantly the sole source; even the Daisy Museum didn't get a crack at it insofar as we can determine, and on the Daisy On-Line Gift Shop page it alludes to selling every Daisy product.   Also we have to consider that this might have been a test market to determine what the cutomers had to say about the gun, and we do not know how many other test markets that  might have been established throughout the US; the customer feedback could concievably be used to formulate improvements in the real production run of the next variant.
Semper Fi
melkrei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melkrei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 2:10pm
Now I see CobraAirguns.com is offering the 99 Target at $115.00
MEL KREI
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 5:15pm
Amazingly, someone just paid $75 for a reissue Daisy Model No 25 on GunBroker.
And Melkrei is right about that Model 99 but more acurately it is a Daisy/Avanti Model 499 but looks just like the standard Model 99, looks really nice.

There is a second new issue Model No 25 up for auction on GunBroker and as of this time the bid is up to $57.
Semper Fi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic