Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Release, Daisy No 25 Pump Action BB Gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilbobaggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2009 at 3:34am
A model 25 made in China is not worth anything to me. This sounds like a piece of junk. If Daisy can not build a gun right, don't import a piece of junk
BB
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2009 at 9:45am
Yes, it is hurtful that the American manufacturing base is not available to produce the quality with which we had become accustomed.

I am holding one of the new reissues as I write, and I believe that it is absolutely worth the money, but I would have been willing to pay more for one manufactured in the U. S. with more attention focused on the quality control aspects.   In the days gone by stuff was made to last for the long haul but we apparantly live in a throw-away environment; until I retired 10 years ago I was in cutomer's basements everyday in 44 cities and towns and you would always know when you were in the home of someone who had lived through the Great Depression: balls of string; mason jars full of old nails and screws; inner tubes under work benches to be used for who knows what; old pokers for coal stoves that had been long removed; WWII air raid warden helmets; old paper shopping bags; old baseballs wraped up with black tape; various lengths of old wood, all of it saved because they 'might need it some day.'

It's going to take awhile for the kids (and we big kids) to put these B-B guns to the test of time and use, to determine just how sturdy a product that we have.
Semper Fi
Snakedoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakedoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 11:31am
Hey, fellow Daisy enthusiasts,
I just finished replacing the mainspring and seal on my 1964 Daisy model 25 about two months ago, (as well as my '65 model 1894).  I must say, these two old classics shoot as well as I ever remember them.  Just saw the new model 25's at Bass Pro, and I got real excited.  But you know, I lost all enthusiasm when I saw the made in China label.  Maybe they work alright, but I just don't care.  They will probably sell millions of them, but it's a sad day when commies build Daisy BB guns.
Out here
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 6:33pm
I am not an apologist, but the stock holders and corporate executives of American corporations with the enthusiatic support of American politicians in Washington, DC have  in their infinite wisdom transferred the heart of Americas' manufacuring base to China, and 3d world countries.  If you shop at WalMart, you are amidst about 90% of their inventory manufactured in that "Commie" country.  I support the decision by Daisy to have their No 25 Pump Action BB gun manufactured in China, basically because it gives me the opportunity to own a brand new specimen of that legendary Model N0 25, inasmuch as I do not have access to a time machine that could transport me back in time so that I could pick  up one of the originals.

I think most of us Daisy enthusists would prefer that this gun be made in the USA. Would I pay more if it were manufactured in the US?  You bet, and I would still buy it; it is a crying shame that it can't be manufactured here, I wish it could be but the reality is it wouldn't be competitive with other similar products. 

Semper Fi
bweaklan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bweaklan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2009 at 4:00am
Are the people of China even allowed to own a BB gun?
Buck
Snakedoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakedoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2009 at 6:44am
Buck,
Any country that puts soldiers in churches to monitor sermons, and sentences illegal Bible possession with five years hard labor probably doesn't allow private BB gun possession, either.
Red China is a slave state, and its people are prisoners living under conditions we should not tolerate.

Willie, when I get the time machine up and running I'll be sure and bring you back a new model 25!
Personally I'd pay $100 for a  brand new US made model 25.  Very durable gun, considering it survived countless plinking sessions for 40 years with barely any maintenance at all.
My guess, and maybe I'm wrong, is that the new guns don't have interchangable parts with the original.  I went to order new seals 4 months ago, and Daisy informed me that they no longer carry any model 25 parts.  Curious since they must have had at least a year lead time to get their China factories set up for production.
From some of the posts I read above, the new one sounds chinsy.  But I must say, the picture on the box looks like one from the '40's.  Rebuild kits are available for about $40. and it's remarkably easy to rebuild the 25.  I think you'd be happy getting an oldie that just needs a seal, but suit yourself. 
Over and out
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2009 at 7:33am
The reissue Daisy No 25 is a very enjoyable air rifle; it feels substantial, the heft is right, and the shot tube is extraordinairily smooth to insert in to the barrel shroud, an excellent feature when you compare it with the jiggling effort required of the older variations, and it is INTERCHANGEABLE with the earlier variations.

While I am not in sympathy in anyway with the Red Chinese style of governing (20 years a U. S. Marine) the ordinary individual is a very industrious worker for whatever stipend that they are able to earn and they know that their livihood depends on producing a quality product for the pricing of the end item.  As the Russians discovered, you can not keep them "down on the farm" forever and the Tinniamon Square episode of several years ago has the governement lackeys in a panic.  As the general populace acquires a taste of the economic advancements which really goes hand in glove with personal freedoms there will be an eventual change.

What does all of this do with a Daisy product?  I look at it as another peg in the uplifting of the overall Chinese condition, as all of the products that the WalMart and Home Depot imports result in the typical American consumer flocking to those outlets, but also results in our increasing dependence on them for our everyday needs;  this is what enables the Chinese government to purchase all those U. S. Treasury Bonds that are keeping our government and economy afloat, which can be interperted as a very uncomfortable fact of life.
Semper Fi
Snakedoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakedoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2009 at 8:13am
Willie,
Thanks for the update on interchangability of parts.  Former Army myself, and I do understand the strategy of undermining the Red menace by giving them a taste of prosperity. Seems the reds did their work on underminig the West from within, judging from what comes out of our colleges and Hollywood these days.  
Happy plinking!
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2009 at 11:00am
Thanks for serving, Doc; as an aside, I have faith in the Daisy folks to not stick us/we consumers with a inferior product not worth the purchase price.  There are bound to be some returns, but we all should know by now that Daisy supports their product line; back in February I had to return a Daisy Model 617X Powerline Pellet & B-B Gun (CO2 dual ammo semi-automatic pistol) made in Japan, that had the magazine release stuck, and Daisy Customer Service dispatched a brand new replacement to me immediately. 
Semper Fi
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2009 at 3:37pm

I ordered My 25 from BassPro 11/18/09...received it 11/21/09.  It must be back in stock.  I haven't had a chance to check it out.  I'll post my opinion.

Semper Paratus 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic