Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Release, Daisy No 25 Pump Action BB Gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote recoatlift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2009 at 5:02pm
well, i got one @ bass pro and did not notice the made in china thing.  i'd also pay more if it was usa made...but what is anymore?

anyway, the gun fed 200 rounds without a hicup.   it shot where i aimed.   i kept it shouldered & fired as rapidly as i could between re-loads,  i punched out a 3" diameter target @ 25' quite nicely.  i was surprised.

the fps is noted @ 350'....any more pumps does nothing for power.  i found it to be very satisfying & fun to shoot.   i'm glad i got one....i have a model 25 from 1936 that i had been shooting....now i can let it rest as i use the chicom issue.   others have noted the plastic parts & wood...cant add anything to whats been posted before. 

good shooting!
santos View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote santos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2009 at 12:37pm
I bought one the new ones from BassPro and I really like it.  I've never seen an older model in person but I dare to say this one is well constructed.  I don't even see any plastic parts.  Some people say the trigger is plastic and the top of the shot tube but they don't look plastic to me.  For a BB gun, I think it is very accurate.  The only thing I don't like is the "Made in China" mark.  Daisy don't have any support for this rifle now but they say they will have support for it by the middle of next year (2010).
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2009 at 4:23pm
Hi Santos:  Some of us that were among the early buyers of this reissued Daisy Model 25 first saw pictures of it on the BassPro web site, and observed what looked like plastic features on some of the components; later, when we actually had the guns in hand it was realized that those components were something other than plastic but still  of unknown material and is still unknown, but  you are correct, definitely not plastic.

Also, personally, I would like to know what kind of wood was used in making the stock and  6-groove hand pump
Semper Fi
longbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2009 at 4:46am
i also purchased 2 of the bass pro no. 25 bb guns and they compare pretty favorably to my  no. 25 variant 7. of course the stamped engraving is pretty crude compared to my original but it is an all steel gun with no plastic parts that i can  see other than the cross bolt safety. the shot tube goes into the barrel a lot easier than my original no. 25 and the new shot tube interchanges with the original gun! too bad  Daisy chose to have  it made in China and all the warnings stamped all over the barrel top detract from the overall good looks ( a modern concession to liability lawsuits- sign of the times). i personally would have been willing to pay more for this gun to be made here and  told the people at Daisy so. These new  25's are good shooters and pretty accurate.
lbwheat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lbwheat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 3:11am
     I've just received my New Model 25 from Bass Pro and it has been a while since I've owned or handled one of these but, I believe this one even though it comes from China is as good and in many respects better than the original. Original had a plastic stock that warped right away. The new model has wood stock and pump handle as well as all steel constuction. The shot tube assenbly as well as the end cap is all metal. The trigger is metal with a plastic and steel safety. The safety is probably a good idea but, I'm not used to seeing it there. It is nicely finished and everything fits very well.My first Model 25 I received for Christmas in about 1950. It was so hard to cock that I traded it for a Red Ryder model that I could handle the lever action easier. I vowed that when I was strong enough to use the pump model I would get another one. Now 59 years later I have another model 25 and glad to get it. I still have my Red Ryder model as well as another that was purchased in the early Seventies to keep by the kitchen door to ward off Racoons that came up to go through the trash cans.It was a cheaper model with out the fore arm but, it shots very well and still stands near the back door to ward off unwanted guests
lb
BBBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2009 at 1:32am
I just bought a new Daisy chinese model 25 (only because I have longed for a real 25 for years and can't buy a new one made in America). It is crap! Out of the box the front sight is welded on at least 10 degrees off center and off square. You can see this just at a glance. Trying to use the sight is useless. The rest of the "quality" of the piece is as you might expect from a chinese-made product. I would gladly have paid twice the price for this rifle made in the USA, but that option was not available to me. I will put this junk in a closet or throw it out. I guess my only option is to try and find one of the older models at a trade show somewhere. Anyone know where I might find a wooden stock model 25 in really good condition? Maybe the centennial edition?
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2009 at 7:43am
My recommendation is to take the gun back to where you bought and and/or call Daisy Customer Service, and have the gun exchanged; mine had a cant to the front sight but it lined up okay with the rear sight, and it really is a accurate hard hitting gun which I really enjoy.

I just bought a lot of 60 vintage BB guns at auction and am still processing them, but included in the lot are 8 vintage Daisy No 25's, and one of the Centennial replicas.  So far, only the Centennial replica has proven to be operational; I will focus more attention on the others and experiment before sending them off to my airgunsmith. 

If you want to talk at length, my phone number is 617 924 8618 in Massachusetts, and email is Clfmustang@aol.com.

Have patience with that China made gun, exchange it for another and check out the carton before you leave the store.

UPDATE: 4 Jan 2010  As an experiment I removed the shot tube from the reissued Model No 25 made in China and inserted it into the 7 vintage Daisy Model No 25's that were inoperable and two of them responded in a supremely favorable manner, no dropped BBs, accurate and hard hitting results; then I did the same with shot tubes from Daisy Model 99's, with the same results so now I have only 5 that actually need the gun portion repaired, the others will have to have the shot tubes taken care of; I hope that the rumor I heard about the reissued Model 25's shot tubes are to be sold separately is true because that would be excellent.  They are easy to insert into the barrel shroud, a great impovement over the jiggling process required with most of the vintage guns.
Semper Fi
bazthespazz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazthespazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2010 at 9:57am
I received one of the new 25's for Christmas and as mentioned before, the quality is sub-Daisy. It shoots fine and feels much like my old 1955 Model 25 but the first one I received shot low by about an inch at only 10 to 15 feet. When I attempted to adjust the rear sight elevation screw the sight just popped off. Daisy was to happy replace it even sending be a call tag for return shipping but I now don't have a lot of faith in the quality. The replacement is now hanging on the wall with the rest of my collection. It seems to shoot pretty much on but I'm afraid to make any adjustment to the rear sight.

And Willie, the 25's are actually pretty easy to work on. My old 1955 needed new seals and an air tube so I opted to replace the original leather seal with the newer rubber plunger. I made myself a spring compressor and had to cut about 4 coils off of the original spring but now it shoots like new. I also added a felt oil washer which the original didn't have. I got some advice from a friend of mine in Michigan who's rebuilt 100's of them and with his tips it turned out perfectly.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 10:14am
Thank you very much for the tip, I will record it and put it with my data on Model 25's
Semper Fi
Desertdweller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desertdweller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 3:41pm
BBBoy,

I think you would be doing yourself and all the rest of us a favor if you were to take Willielumplump's advice and give Daisy a chance to correct the problem by exchanging your gun.  The fact that this is a new product distributed through only one vendor shows that it is a test marketing.  As such, it is important that Daisy get feedback from its customers on any problems like those you are having.  They can then trace the problem back to the plant and correct it.  This will result in a better gun for all of us.

Daisy is a reputable company to deal with.  I have discovered this through personal experience.  Their reputation is on the line with every product they sell with their name on it, regardless of where it is made.

When Daisy returns a shipment of guns to the factory in China with defective sights, I am sure the producer will get the message!

I intend to buy one of these guns when I get near a Bass ProShop.  I want to inspect it before buying it, and Bass ProShops are pretty scarce out here on the Chihuanhuan Desert.  Maybe there wil be more distributors before long.

Les
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic