Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

no. 102 model 36 w/a permanent scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtc Salvage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: no. 102 model 36 w/a permanent scope
    Posted: July-25-2019 at 12:40pm
I have recently picked up this little gun at a flea market.  It looks great, has a plastic stock.  I have not loaded a bb into it, but it seems good and strong so far.  I am trying to get info on it though.  I am guessing it is out of the late 60s to the late 70s.  I have never seen a scope like this before.   I looked through this forum and found a picture someone had of just the scope and the mount, but no one really knew much as to what it fit.  In this case, the scope mount is spot welded to the receiver of the rifle.  It has the little plastic "shroud" over the back of the stamped metal scope.  There is no glass, and it works more like a peep sight than a scope.  On the scope is stamped Daisy Mfg Co, Rogers, Ark.
On the gun it has No 102  Mod 36   and Register NO k778882.
It has a plastic stock  and a screw out loading tube.   It does have the oil port, and has a flathead scew heads. 

I am not very knowledgable about this stuff, but I know how to use google, I can not find anything remotely close to a rifle with this scope permanently mounted.  Anyone have any ideas or can point me in the right direction?  

Thank you.
Mtc Salvage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtc Salvage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2019 at 12:41pm
I will post pictures as soon as I can figure out how.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2019 at 2:40pm
It will be interesting to see your gun. 

I believe the photo you're referring to is of the Daisy model 846 pop gun "scope" shown below.

Most Daisys use some type of add on scope/tube sight- some are held by the spring anchor and the stock top screw like the model 1160 Pop Gun, others usea plate that's welded to the outside of the receiver that the sight is mounted to like the models 103 and 104, etc. 

Just a guess but it might be an interim version made before they went to the more common type of attachment, or it might have been a proof of concept exercise or an employee made one-off, or made as a suggestion to management of a possible production gun. But in any event, it's uncommon to the extreme!

MODEL 846 POP GUN

MODEL 104 "1776 Scope Gun"

CLOSE UP OF SIGHT RETAINER

1160 POP GUN
Mtc Salvage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtc Salvage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2019 at 1:59am
Yes sir, that is the scope. After further inspection, you can take the scope off. The metal housing is welded to the reciever, but the scope and "base" slide out
Still can't figure out how to get pics loaded
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2019 at 4:17am
There's several threads on posting photos, the one that's been made a sticky is: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/posting-photos_topic7540_page1.html

If still no luck, you can send photos to the email address in my profile and I'd be happy to post them for you.

Back to your gun, it's still an uncommon variety. Up until now I personally haven't come across a 102-36 that has a tube sight like your gun has. Judging by the Register No. I'd say it was made very late in the model 102-36 production, right before they dropped the "-36" and became simply a model 102.

You can ask the Daisy Museum curator about your gun, Daisy Online Contact form: https://www.daisy.com/contactus

the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2019 at 11:06am
Seems to me that given the reg. no. and that the screws are flat head and not phillips your 102 mod. 36 was probably made sometime in the mid to late sixties. We would love to see pics of it. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic