Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No. 111 Model 40

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2020 at 7:06pm
Short time ago  I was at LOWES and bought a packet of #10-32 Hex Nuts, Twenty of them in a cellophane bag for $1.86.  Sprayed them with Rustoleum High Heat Black. Not perfect, but awful darn close. 
Marv, NW OH
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2020 at 9:21pm
Steve, Exactly the right answer, but I was too embarrassed to post that solution....  I made about a dozen of those nuts about 10 years ago exactly as you described... except I had a box of blued 6-32 nuts from my father in law so all I did was throw some bluing solution into the hole after tapping it out  and.... wallah instant Daisy Nut...
Aim Straight
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2020 at 10:57am
Gentlemen, certainly a plethora a very creative and great ideas!  I really appreciate everyone's input.  I am now confident that I will soon resolve this issue we apparently have all experienced in our years of collecting.  Thanks so much!

Star
Steve
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2020 at 1:51pm
The thinnest nut I have is a 10/32 thread, 5/16 diameter (5/16 wrench) and is 3/32 inch thick and it is blued.  Could you measure the other nut you have and see if it is thinner than 3/32 thick, I believe this is it unless yours is thinner.
Ride and Have Fun
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2020 at 3:46pm
Dennis,  I think you are right.  I believe it is it!  I will shoot you an email.  Thanks!

Star
Steve
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2020 at 9:26pm
  FYI I just noticed that the nuts on the No. 1938 RR's (made 72-79) are the same as the early models. While not blued, they could easily be enhanced and look good on an older gun.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic