Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No 9 Nickel Squirt Gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No 9 Nickel Squirt Gun
    Posted: August-08-2020 at 11:31am
It has taken me many years to find one of these Daisy No 9 Nickel Squirt guns. Now I would like to find the ad showing this water gun. I have a note to myself saying it was in a premium catalog magazine, American Boy. Does anyone know which issue that may have been in?
Thanks

jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2020 at 11:43pm
Terry Nice Find...  As far as I know it was a premium from American Boy magazine from 1925 if you prepaid a yearly subscription.   That is all I know.  Had to be in one of those year magazines.  I have a bunch of them but can not remember what years I have.  I will have to check my boxes and see.   Sorry that is it.  rick
Aim Straight
RRyder95 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2020 at 7:13am
Thanks Rick, I am now a little closer to finding a copy of the Ad, thanks to you.

Terry
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2020 at 7:23pm
Terry, I have a 1921 ad that includes a ad for the water gun.  I will forward it to you. 
Pat
RRyder95 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2020 at 9:54pm
Thanks Pat, But for some reason it is not readable on my end. Very Blurry. Do you remember where the ad came from?

Terry
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2020 at 11:58pm
I sent you a larger copy that is readable.  I don't know who published the catalog.
Pat
RRyder95 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2020 at 10:48am
Thanks Pat, 
Very good copy. It does not say what model it is or if it is Nickel, but I did not have any Ad for the No 8 either. I like the added bonus of the Daisy rifles.
Thank You Again
Terry
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2020 at 2:18pm
Not what your looking for but a nice example, was on an auction,

Ejwills
RRyder95 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2020 at 7:07am
Ejwills
Now try to find the Nickel plate one. That is a challenge. LOL

Terry
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2020 at 9:44am
So the #8 was blue and the #9 nickel?
Never seen a #9, only blue #8's.
Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic