Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No.25 Early Pump gun disassembly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No.25 Early Pump gun disassembly
    Posted: May-27-2020 at 1:40pm
I may have mentioned previously that I could not find a 'clean' group of photos demonstrating the disassembly, or internal parts, of early No. 25 pump guns. So my stay-at-home project was to correct that situation for myself & others. Hope these help.

BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2020 at 2:19pm
Wow!!  Awesome, Jay.  Extremely well done.  Thanks for your service to the Daisy community.
Be Prepared
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2020 at 2:42pm
Jay, Excellent pictures , Great job !!

Ejwills.
Ejwills
Ford57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2020 at 5:24pm
WOW Jay !
   That's a super old short pull early 25.. The pictures are beautiful also.
    You are doing a grat job at helping the Daisy community..
JA
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2020 at 8:23pm
Great photos, Jay- thanks!!!
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 11:34am
Jay, Excellent photos...  Does the rear site elevator have a hole on the top edge where a small spring pin (roll pin) is inserted to prevent it from being removed, or is it solid... Just curious cause I have two of those same  models each with a different rear site, one with the hole and a pin and the other solid...  Trying to figure out which one is the original...

Want to sell that leather plunger??? LOL.
Rick
Aim Straight
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 1:49pm
Rick my elevator ramp (as shown) has no hole, but it does have a punched 'dent' in the high spot. Whether this is a factory-made dent or previous owner action I do not know. The other picture shows a hole in the elevator ramp of a current reproduction sold on Amazon by JL Missouri. Others will have to chip in which is the correct (original) item.
This early gun also has the rear sight assembly spot-welded to the top of the receiver. Later No 25's have the rear sight base punched into the receiver, creating a rectangular hole with parallel flanges to accept the top half of the rear sight (the mouse ears).
As far as the leather plunger, you can have it when you pry it out of my cold....you know the restSmile
Jay

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 7:33pm
Jay, I think your sight is correct. They did have the dent- at least in some of them because I have a photo showing it. There were earlier guns with elevators that appear to not have the dent, so it must have been added for a reason. Just a guess but the dent may be there to prevent the elevator from passing all the way through the sight and being lost. 
Ford57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 8:03pm
Jay
FWIW I have three early variations like that. The one that I believe to be
1 o 2 variation does not have the dent. The other two do have it. I never noticed that before. Your pictures help a lot.
Ford57
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 9:08pm
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. My best guess is this gun has never been tampered with, so the ramp elevator is in fact 'stock' to this Variation. 
As an aside, the only thing keeping me from reassembly now is whether or not I can find a new spring for this gun. Impossible? I think not--believe it or not, but this same spring seems to be unchanged in all No. 25's up until the 1950s (oil hole) era. At least it seems so in the dozen or so models I have taken apart. I plan to start another thread in that arena later. It would be great if that is the case. Jay
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic