Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not All 179's Created Equal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not All 179's Created Equal
    Posted: September-30-2018 at 9:25am
I have several versions of this little pistol, and there is a significant difference between accuracy and velocity. Seems the earlier version with the double bent spring retractor and no safety is by far better. The newer version with the safety, and the bb viewing slot does not shoot nearly as straight, or with the same power. Has anyone ever chronied one of these?, manual says 140 fps and range of 9 ft. I'm hitting cans at 35 ft. with my old version pretty regularly. Smile
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2018 at 12:07pm
That is very interesting. I've not owned one so have no chrony info, but hits at 35 feet sounds stronger than 140 fps to me! Also didn't know there were different variations, but I guess that shouldn't surprise me knowing Daisy.
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2018 at 12:57pm
They're almost Daisy "Toys" they look very nice and will propel a BB but that's about it. I've repaired a 1/2 dozen or so and have a few left, they are nice and quiet for the house. They are almost built like mouse traps with a lot of small parts. They are basically a bb catapult, but will function as advertised and hit targets at 9 ft. Very challenging to work on also. Now I am getting a hankering for a Daisy 100 or 200 Co2 pistol, I know they are known leakers and almost impossible to repair, but that would be a good project for the winter, that and they are a Daisy and look really nice. I'm leaning towards a 100, because of the rarity.Confused
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2018 at 5:05pm
There was a guy here at DT who repaired CO2 200s, screen name escaped me atm. Part of the repair involved replacing the piercing pin w/one from the 1200. Most people tend to shoot the 1200 because they can be fixed but the trigger isn't as nice as the 200 because it's double action where the 200 is a true SA semi auto.

But if you figure it out, you'll have no shortage of customers!
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2018 at 5:47pm
I acquired another 1200, seems very early with the clear magazine viewing window. I don't see much on the 100 pistol, it was one of Daisy's first offerings in C02.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2018 at 11:17pm
All I have in my notes for the 100 is "1962 only". Don't know where that came from so not sure it it's right.

FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2018 at 5:23pm
Thanks! that's the one. Gotta be one of the oldest semi auto Co2 pistols out there. If I get my hands on one I'll probably have to source or fab parts and seals. I really like that open slide look compared to the 200. but I'd like to add both to my growing vintage Co2 pistol collection.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2018 at 1:00pm
I'll give you a shout if I see one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic