Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now with Pictures--Daisy 25 with war graphics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2018 at 5:43pm
Well I'll be! Them graphics look cool. It may be a custom silk screen job......hard to tell. I like it though.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2018 at 9:52pm
    With the rear sight being above the trigger and the layout of the stamping of the numbers on the barrel it looks like a production of Dec. 1957.  I have a 1961 model 25 and the sight is forward above the take down screw and my numbers are laid out just like this gun.  In the early 60's I believe Rogers moved the sight forward nearer to the take down screw.  Anybody else see this on their 25's.
Ride and Have Fun
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2018 at 10:35pm
Daisy was still in Plymouth in 57 and getting ready to move to Rogers so this might be a 67.  I heard about the box car guns that were made in both locations during the move but don't know much about it.
Ride and Have Fun
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2018 at 8:42am
You can just make out the Ro in Rogers in the picture of the registration number.
Gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2018 at 2:33pm
Interesting gun!
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2018 at 10:01am
The owner is checking to see if anyone at the Museum or at Daisy knows if it was a production gun. Since no one here has seen one I suspect it was perhaps a special one made on the line or by someone later. It sure looks original though. I would like to have had it. It was at a local auction and the new owner wanted it more than I did.
Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic