Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NRA Centennial 1894's-Special and regular

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NRA Centennial 1894's-Special and regular
    Posted: January-03-2019 at 12:23pm
I recently had a chance to dig out my 4 NRA Centennials.

3 of them (sold to annual members) have the regular Model 1894 stamping on the frame with typical registration numbers.
Mine are L699242, L704384 and L739156

The other one is stamped Daisy NRA Special and the registration number is Reg No_____003832.
The Specials were sold only to NRA Life (and above) members.

Otherwise they all seem to be identical. The two regulars in the center of the picture have the typical piece broken off the tang.

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2019 at 12:38pm
That's a heck of a collection of NRAs you have- some of the very best looking rifles Daisy ever made!
daisyaddiction View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyaddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2019 at 1:45pm
Nice collection ! I have a NRA but the medallion looks like it is different . Maybe someone replaced the stock and glued a different one on . Would have to dig it out to see the reg. # s.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2019 at 4:10pm
Being a hard core NRA member they are near the top of my list too.
I only wish they had chosen the musket instead of the rifle.

I have never seen a rifle with a missing medallion but the pistols seem to have had a problem staying in place. I have seen several of them with it missing.
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2019 at 7:34pm
Wow!  I've never seen that "musket" before.  I'm guessing that's a real powder burner, right?  

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyaddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2019 at 8:07pm
 Looks like in the photos the medallions are inset in the stock . Mine looks like it is just glued on .
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2019 at 9:02am
Burgh dude-Yes, Winchester made a rifle and musket for the Centennial. I like the musket best. Would be a real challenge for someone to carve a wood stock and long fore end for a Daisy 1894 but it would be a great one to have. I can see why Daisy went with the rifle, off the shelf parts instead of a new fore end not used on anything else. But it may have fueled a release of some other musket models.

daisy addiction-Yes the medallions are set into the stock so they are flush. But hey are not thick like a coin, a lot thinner.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyaddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2019 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Bavaria55n Bavaria55n wrote:

Burgh dude-Yes, Winchester made a rifle and musket for the Centennial. I like the musket best. Would be a real challenge for someone to carve a wood stock and long fore end for a Daisy 1894 but it would be a great one to have. I can see why Daisy went with the rifle, off the shelf parts instead of a new fore end not used on anything else. But it may have fueled a release of some other musket models.

daisy addiction-Yes the medallions are set into the stock so they are flush. But hey are not thick like a coin, a lot thinner.
 Yes,mine is not flush and  it is thick . The stock must have been replaced along with a thicker medallion .There is no inset in the stock for a medallion . Would like to find original stock and medallion . Tang on receiver is not broke where it goes into stock . Most of the gun is in great shape and shoots strong .Thanx Bavaria !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic