Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Over sized Daisy Premium BBs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Over sized Daisy Premium BBs
    Posted: May-19-2017 at 11:41pm
Talked with a Rep. At Daisy today to let them know over sized BBs
are getting into the mix. I have has to disassemble two Red Ryders
Over the last two weeks to clear these large BBs from the barrels. One
miced at .178 and one at .179. They were their Premium Zinc coated BBs in
amounts of 4000 and 6000 from Walmart. I was told that Daisy is aware
of the problem and their quality control people are on it now. So, take a look
before you load that next batch into your Daisy. The over sized ones can be spotted
by sight.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2017 at 11:25am
Odd there are no lot numbers on any of my 6K bottles. So looks like I'll have to keep an eye on things. I will pour mine out into a flat bottomed SS pan and use a piece of glass over them. Any oversize BBs will cause the glass to not sit flat- bad ones should be easily seen that way.

BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2017 at 1:27pm
Boy, this could be a real pain in the butt, especially for those who like to shoot older / more rare guns, and anyone who doesn't have the ability to disassemble them.  

Maybe one could use a parts bb gun's barrel attached to a funnel to accurately filter large quantities of bbs quickly.  For instance, I have an old 1894 barrel I had to replace because the end lug was bent, but the bore seems fine.  If a bb rolls through that without catching, it stands to reason it would fire out of that bore too.  

If no one can think of a problem with that approach, maybe we can get Daisy to cough up a couple of barrels that can be cut into sections (after all, you just a couple of inches, if the bore is a uniform diameter) and we could distribute those to interested members.   

What do you think?

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2017 at 8:55pm
The idea to run them through a spare barrel is sound. I'm wondering when the bad BBs were bought, and where from- like from Walmart or some other high volume seller. Reason is to get some idea of when the o/s BBs began showing up. FWIW, mine have tested all good so far (still have 1-1/2 bottles to go), they were all bought 2 or more months ago.
Daily shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2017 at 11:14pm
The first one found came from a bottle of 6000
bought at Walmart in Statesboro, GA. The second one
also came from a bottle of 6000 from Walmart on line. Both were bought
within the last 30 to 45 days.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2017 at 9:20am
Thanks for the info. i have not bought any for some time but will need to be careful in the future.
Gary
swede View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2017 at 12:25pm
maybe daisy should fire their quality control people, tell china to go do something else and go back to making their own bbs,how hard is to make them? swede Big smile
gordon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic