Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peacemaker Model 44 SA6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peacemaker Model 44 SA6
    Posted: June-02-2020 at 4:50pm
Sorry, not a Daisy but maybe someone can help. I just obtained a good looking Crosman  Western revolver...with problems. The hammer will pull back halfway but won't cock, the cylinder spins with no resistance, and  included is an envelope with a small (1/16 in diameter by 1/8 in tall) spring and a small (1/16 inch) ball bearing/BB ????
Tiny parts/major problems !!!!
Marv, NW OH
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2020 at 6:02pm
Hi Marv . am thinking you have a few problems , the spring and ball should be the timing system to help keep the cylinder lined up with the barrel , the non working cylinder ratchet sound like the pawl spring needs to be swung around the correct way to put pressure on the pawl , these are easy after taking them apart a few times but a mess the first few times , take it all apart and you will see how it works , the main thing is you need something like a pin to hold the hammer in the right spot so you can get the two halves back together , much like many Crosman's make sure it is just a pin so the other half will slide over and you can replace with the hammer screw .
Realshooter
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2020 at 11:06pm
You may already have this but in case you don't:

MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2020 at 5:30pm
Thanks for the help. I opened it up and with Dammon"s advice and Cobalt"s parts list figured out the problem. You're right about reassembling the gun. That tiny spring and ball bearing were a challenge. Even with my wifes tiny fingers we couldn't fit them in place. After a couple hours of "coming close", I finally figured out a solution. I took a small (really small) piece of masking tape and sort  of "attached" the two parts. Then with magnetic screwdrivers, bird nosed pliers, bent paper clips, eraser ends on lead pencils, and lots of patience I got them in and actually got the top half of the frame reassembled,,,,Haven't had courage enough to insert a CO2 ... with my luck it will probably leak and have to be taken down again !!!!!
Marv, NW OH
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2020 at 6:08pm
I had the same problem with the ball and spring reassembly , gas it up you may get lucky !
Ejwills.

Ejwills
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2020 at 8:12pm
Last time I worked on one of these, the trick I found was to hold the cylinder in place, but rotated out of alignment with the barrel enough to put the spring in little crooked, and the ball to rest on the unloaded spring but also in its detent on the cylinder. Then careful rotate the cylinder to its correct orientation. Let the indent carry the ball and spring into alignment. Hope that all makes sense. I'm not opening up the gun to take pictures 😄
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2020 at 11:14am
I find that a small bit of grease  on the ball and spring helps hold it I place and the grease doesn't hurt a thing , same with most safety spring and balls ,
Realshooter
BB1Shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2020 at 1:14pm
I took 3 of mine (.177 model 44, .22 model SA6, & model 1861) to R&R Airgun Repair & he fixed them perfectly. Very reasonable pricing.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic