Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plunger Pin Shortage??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plunger Pin Shortage??
    Posted: January-24-2023 at 9:55pm
   Has anyone noticed a shortage in plunger pins or air tube pins.  Looking at different parts stores it seems like all of them are out of stock or are not available.  I called Daisy Outdoors, and they are not available separately or with the air tube.  Probably available as a complete assembly.  Also noticed the poor quality of the new tubes for the model 25 which is the same as the 1894 air tube.  The pins fit very tight in them and several I had to lightly tap the pin to get it started.  The hole is ground into the side of the tube and is halfway through the tube causing a little weaker tube strength.

Breakdown of the plunger assembly showing the location of the plunger pin for the model 1894.
Older round pin style on left and the replacement flat sided pin type in the center from years ago.  They were rolled and stamped with the air hole machined into it.  The newer one on the right is a stamped tube with the air hole ground into it halfway through.  Not sure how this will hold up over time.  If these were drilled out for more air flow, they would be even weaker at the air hole.  Also the pin hole on the new one is slightly smaller and tight on some pins.

Notice the factory pin on the old style round pin and the older flat pin air tube has some clearance and you can easily push it through.  The new air tube on the right is a tight fit and is a stamped tube for the flat.
Keep On Plinking
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2023 at 7:48am
I have not noticed a shortage of them but I have had to make one once in a while.
Air-It-Is
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic