Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plunger spring anchor rivet or Bolt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2024 at 8:12pm
The information and knowledge of history of the regulars in this forum is astounding. I wish I’d have started collecting earlier. My addiction only started about 3 years ago. I have a no 102 model 36 with blued finish and cast iron lever. I believe that it would date it to 1941-1942. Any correction or adjustment to my belief is more than welcome. 
Ron
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2024 at 9:51pm
I don't think I've ever read when the 102-36 lever changed from CI to aluminum. 

It's been said that the 111-40 Red Ryder used up the last of their curved CI levers just after WW2, so it wouldn't be too surprising to learn the same held true for other models.  
Rubydog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2024 at 4:37pm
Just been looking at pics of the early mod 25 on USA eBay and noticed a hole in the outer sleeve/barrel just behind front sight,any one know what it's there for ? Is it meant to be there at all.
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2024 at 11:01pm
There are no holes in the barrel of the model 25. Later versions that had the rubber plungers did have an “oil here “hole, but that was farther back not even close to the front site. Andthe hole is stamped with the words “oil here “right next to the hole.
Aim Straight
teerex.otw View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teerex.otw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2024 at 2:18am
That looks pretty suspicious.
Best I can tell, that’s not the original front sight, maybe somebody tried to install something different at some point.
A little further down in the listings, there’s a very similar short-stroke model in better condition with a totally different sight (and no holes.
Rubydog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2024 at 6:18am
Thought it looked home done that's why I asked the experts.done to fit a make shift front sight would make sense seeing as half the original sight is missing.thanks for replies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic