Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Possibly a very stupid question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Segata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Possibly a very stupid question
    Posted: November-23-2023 at 9:01pm
I've finally got some of the tools together but couldn't get steel rod or a pipe to match on my order, I was wondering, could I get away with Chopsticks to take tension off the spring block?

It's only a one off to get the Cobolt upgrade in, next time I open it it will be to swap the spring block to Restomod Daisy's sliding design, I'm just not likely to get that made this side of Xmas as while I've got plate I've not got decent enough tools and my Dads busy work wise although I am hoping he'll atleast help me a little with a Record Pistol.

I'm also hoping I can show you all what she looks like soon too as I did a little visual stuff inspired by some of the printed/litho graphic Daisy's and her little Voodoo Doll Gun Charm as afterall when she's on my Range she's a Zombie Killer.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2023 at 11:13pm
It has been done (2nd up from the bottom, below), but using 1/8" rods from Ace Hardware makes a better tool- but you already knew that! Fortunately, it's usually easier to remove the plunger assembly than it is to reinstall it.

Segata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Segata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2023 at 3:28am
We don't have Ace over here sadly, I do have places I can get it but this was a voucher I was using for the order and it had to be listed as Sold by Amazon to work and sods law all the steel rod options were various DIY wholesalers on there.
I'll Pop the stock off later if I'm not fighting the Record again (dammed thing developed a cocking fault and bit me) and do a comparison, I do have on my side my physical size and using the walking stick kept my right arm strong so I might manage it, may get the pooch a tin hat just incase of low flying parts though lol
Oldgeorge View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oldgeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2023 at 3:04pm
You use Arc welding rod comes in at 1/8 inch. And that'll work just fine, just big the stuff off a little bit and you can use that. That's what shane bruce of rest of my daisy Used to make his
Oldgeorge View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldgeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2023 at 3:05pm
You use Arc welding rod comes in at 1/8 inch. And that'll work just fine, just big the stuff off a little bit and you can use that. That's what shane bruce of rest of my daisy Used to make his
Segata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Segata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2023 at 3:38pm
I have to usually convert to Metric here, while we did have imperial for a long time most modern tooling is matched for europe as a whole.
It's purely because I couldn't get it on the order I made as it didn't meet the requirments for the voucher that was used to pay for it, thought was more as I had tools for everything but that part I could wing it for now and build the proper one later on, it is acctually only Daisys that require it as the rest of my guns use punches to knock out their blocks (although Daisy wins with the Tuning kit names as Cobalt is a million times better than Welsh Willy which garners some strange looks from those that don't know what you mean).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic