Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Preston Ontario Daisy BB guns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2017 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by John in N.B. John in N.B. wrote:

There are two systems used on these. One has a spring loaded retainer/indexing slider button and the other has none. The red clips are normally used in the retainer models and the black ones in the other. I bought the indexing buttons from the late Jim Coplen a few years back and I'm guessing the gent who bought his inventory still has some. The tiny nubs that help you click the clip into alignment are indeed probably worn. On either model they're spring loaded so the spring tension is a possibility as well. In either case if you require parts or assistance contact Jims successor Ken Hofstra at Daisy Gun Works. Great guy to talk to. (520) 305-3114. Good luck.
x2 on Ken- I can highly recommend him without reservation. He's an upstanding gent who goes the extra mile to be sure you get what you need.
brdrew View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brdrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2017 at 2:47pm
Louie
I remember sending the Daisy seems a while ago now, still buying my favorites 1894's.
you think after 20 years this collecting bug would go Lol
Brian
B R DREW
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2017 at 3:20pm
Brian, I know the Model 1894 is a 'looker', how are they as shooters? I've never had an opportunity to shoot one myself.
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2017 at 4:30pm
Going to jump in here...
I have 26 Daisy Model 1894s in my collection. Every one is in perfect "shooting" condition, thanks in part to Dennis Baker (Baker airguns) who has resealed/reconditioned quite a few.
In my opinion they are MUCH BETTER than the 1938s, at least as good as the Model 25,  and a really fun gun for target or plinking. They are by far my favorite.

Marv, NW OH
brdrew View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brdrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2017 at 10:26am
Can't top that Marv, I like to collect the special addictions. Yes a very enjoyable Daisy for plinking
in-doors
B R DREW
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic