Forum Description:
URL: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3667
Printed Date: March-28-2024 at 9:24am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New Release, Daisy No 25 Pump Action BB Gun
Posted By: willielumplump
Subject: New Release, Daisy No 25 Pump Action BB Gun
Date Posted: October-22-2009 at 9:15am
I was amazed to learn from a member of the Daisy Talk Forum  (Gabby 4686) while visiting the latest Wirestock thread that there is apparantly a brand new release of a reissue of the famous Daisy No 25 Pump Action BB Gun and additionally, that he had ordered one from http://www.BassPro.com - www.BassPro.com . The barrel and receiver is made from steel and the receiver has the image of a hunter and fowl engraved/stamped thereon; has a combination peep and V notched rear sight, blade front sight; wood stock and 5-groove wood pump handle; PLASTIC trigger with a cross block safety.   I obtained this information by looking at a listing on http://www.BassPro.com - www.BassPro.com web site; while their listing didn't list all of the features, an examination of the photo provided me with the more detailed information and while there I ordered two specimens. 

I also checked out all of the vendors on the Museum's "Where to Buy" and only BassPro had the gun listed.  I guess it won't be long before the others will have them but this is quite a surprise.

My grandchildren favor the Model 25 over most of my other models, so now I will have something to take the stress from my vintage Model 25's!!!!

I think the Daisy folk have hit a grand slam home run with this reissue of the Daisy No 25 Pump Action B-B Gun; it is probably the best 'loved' gun of the Daisy fans.  Wonder if Daisy will also reissue the neat little red metal cleaning kits that contained patches, gun cloth, bore bursh on a rod, cleaning rod, gun oil and touch up stuff w/burshes.  Wish that bore brush on a rod had removable wire brushes in lieu of that permanent deal; they wear out!

-------------
Semper Fi

Replies:
Date Posted: October-23-2009 at 11:41am
Geez, now the 'fun' begins; heard from another forum that someone "heard" that the top cap to the shot tube is made from plastic; don't know how the projet engineers could get that past the quality control review board, hard to believe.
 Someone already received their reissued No. 25 and for sure the top of the shot tube is made from plastic ; results should be interesting for the long haul, but as someone indicated, in order to cut costs and make the reissue economically feaseable some compromises had to be made.                                                                                                                                                           

-------------
Semper Fi

Posted By: GABBY4686
Date Posted: October-27-2009 at 5:15pm
hi willie the shot  tube is all metal it does't have the little sping on the bottom of the tube any longer they can up with a strange little thing on the bottom end of the shot tube to where it will not shoot 2 bbs now or a least mine don't.i really like this newbie even if it is made in china.willie i think you will feel the same if not let me knoww ok? gabby4686

-------------
GABBY

Posted By: GABBY4686
Date Posted: October-27-2009 at 5:27pm
hi again willie speaking of plasitic triggers i have 6 out of 8  daisys hanging on my wall that are all collectables and they all have plastic triggers.willie i've never had a problem with one. like i said if you don't like the guns tell me.

-------------
GABBY

Date Posted: October-28-2009 at 3:07pm
Today I received my two new Daisy No 25 Pump Action BB Guns (2).  I think they are absolutely worth the money; one of them will be my 'working' gun and I know it will provide me with many hours if not years of enjoyment.

However. there are some issues that I feel need to be addressed:

The front sight blade is canted toward the left as viewed through the rear sight; I hesitate to straighten it just yet, and it is going to be a challenge to acquire the expertise to be a superior marksman.

The combination V-notched rear sight is somewhat pitiful, ie., too small and dainty.

The receiver tang-to-stock strap is not centered on the top of the stock, nor is the screw hole centered on the tang that fastens it to the stock.

There is no description as to what kind of wood is used on the stock and grooved pump handle; it looks like if was from one of those artifically induced rapidly-grown trees; it might do to sand and restain the wood.  Additionally, I would have liked to see the butt stock grooved.  The wood reminds me of the material used on some of the later versions of the Daisy Model 1938B, in that if it gets scratched, it stays scratched.

The take-down screw is fastened with a nut; the only previous Daisy pump action B-B Gun with a bolt fastened to the take-down screw that I know of is the Model 225.

The finish is susceptable to accelerated wear; underside of the barrel is already stripped with just 25 rounds fired.

I looked at all of the metal surfaces very thoroughly and could not find the presence of patent numbers; the lot number on this specimen is 162009766021V.

The engraving lines on this model are wider and deeper than that found on the 1936+ model No 25's but is somewhat less attractive.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           The trigger is made from a non-ferrous alloy, possibly a pot aluminum of some kind (this information is the contribution of Richard, aka BBacquire; I had originally described it as plastic) and it has a cross bolt safety; I do not anticipate any problems.

The muzzle end of the shot tube is  made from the same kind of non-ferrous alloy (again, a contribution from Richard, aka BBacquire); the receiver end of the shot tube is definitly improved in that it is very user-friendly in reinserting it into the barrel; the shot tube spring seems significantly weaker when compared to that which is found in the old No 25, but as Anonymous aka bavaria55n chided me, "maybe it won't hurt so much when it zaps you in the thumb."

At muzzle velocity of 350fps it is energetic enough to suit me, and sends those tin cans flying.

In my opinion I think that the quality control process must  be tightened up if this gun is to have a long production run.

The gun is in fact, made in China.  It is a national shame that the corporate raiders and our politicians have broken the back of the American manufacturing process.

Overall I find this reissue of the Daisy Model No 25 quite satisfactory and would recommend it as a quality purchase for the money, and the Daisy folk can be rightfully proud of this product, however I am eagerly looking forward to Variation 1 with significant improvements even if it means a higher price.

I hope the readers will undestand that I am in no way shape or form a professional appraisor; I can only offer up my personal opinion as a user of the product.  As an aside, today I also received a Model 1894 Texas Ranger Commemorative in a  used but in as near a brand new condition as you can get, and the quality comparison with the new issue No 25 is well, heartbreaking, but REMEMBER, I frimly believe that  the new issue  No 25 is a quality product well worth the money.  I think you Daisy lovers will understand where I am coming from, wishing that it could have been produced in the U. S. of A., because after all it has been an integral part of our history.

Richard, aka BBacquire describes his experience in taking this gun apart, and if you are interested, log on at http://www.network54.com - www.network54.com and click on NEW ISSJUE OF THE DAISY NO 25 PUMP ACTION BB GUN.

-------------
Semper Fi

Posted By: Redryder45
Date Posted: October-30-2009 at 10:01am
 I agree, it is a shame that we can no longer manufacture goods in the U.S.A. 
 I think this should be made a priority before we lose more jobs.

If the model 25 was higher quality I'm sure many would be glad to pay the additional cost. I think
 that I may wait also for the second version.

Posted By: bweaklan
Date Posted: October-30-2009 at 2:45pm
I was informed by BassPro that the New Model 25 is now on BACKORDER. I wonder how many were sold?

-------------
Buck

Date Posted: October-31-2009 at 1:27pm
In a way it is not surprising that ProBass experienced a sell out of the Model No 25 when you consider that it was apparantly the sole source; even the Daisy Museum didn't get a crack at it insofar as we can determine, and on the Daisy On-Line Gift Shop page it alludes to selling every Daisy product.   Also we have to consider that this might have been a test market to determine what the cutomers had to say about the gun, and we do not know how many other test markets that  might have been established throughout the US; the customer feedback could concievably be used to formulate improvements in the real production run of the next variant.

-------------
Semper Fi

Posted By: melkrei
Date Posted: November-01-2009 at 2:10pm
Now I see CobraAirguns.com is offering the 99 Target at $115.00

-------------
MEL KREI

Date Posted: November-02-2009 at 5:15pm
Amazingly, someone just paid $75 for a reissue Daisy Model No 25 on GunBroker.
And Melkrei is right about that Model 99 but more acurately it is a Daisy/Avanti Model 499 but looks just like the standard Model 99, looks really nice.

There is a second new issue Model No 25 up for auction on GunBroker and as of this time the bid is up to $57.

-------------
Semper Fi

Posted By: bilbobaggins
Date Posted: November-06-2009 at 3:34am
A model 25 made in China is not worth anything to me. This sounds like a piece of junk. If Daisy can not build a gun right, don't import a piece of junk

-------------
BB

Date Posted: November-06-2009 at 9:45am
Yes, it is hurtful that the American manufacturing base is not available to produce the quality with which we had become accustomed.

I am holding one of the new reissues as I write, and I believe that it is absolutely worth the money, but I would have been willing to pay more for one manufactured in the U. S. with more attention focused on the quality control aspects.   In the days gone by stuff was made to last for the long haul but we apparantly live in a throw-away environment; until I retired 10 years ago I was in cutomer's basements everyday in 44 cities and towns and you would always know when you were in the home of someone who had lived through the Great Depression: balls of string; mason jars full of old nails and screws; inner tubes under work benches to be used for who knows what; old pokers for coal stoves that had been long removed; WWII air raid warden helmets; old paper shopping bags; old baseballs wraped up with black tape; various lengths of old wood, all of it saved because they 'might need it some day.'

It's going to take awhile for the kids (and we big kids) to put these B-B guns to the test of time and use, to determine just how sturdy a product that we have.

-------------
Semper Fi

Posted By: Snakedoc
Date Posted: November-13-2009 at 11:31am
Hey, fellow Daisy enthusiasts,
I just finished replacing the mainspring and seal on my 1964 Daisy model 25 about two months ago, (as well as my '65 model 1894).  I must say, these two old classics shoot as well as I ever remember them.  Just saw the new model 25's at Bass Pro, and I got real excited.  But you know, I lost all enthusiasm when I saw the made in China label.  Maybe they work alright, but I just don't care.  They will probably sell millions of them, but it's a sad day when commies build Daisy BB guns.
Out here

Date Posted: November-13-2009 at 6:33pm
I am not an apologist, but the stock holders and corporate executives of American corporations with the enthusiatic support of American politicians in Washington, DC have  in their infinite wisdom transferred the heart of Americas' manufacuring base to China, and 3d world countries.  If you shop at WalMart, you are amidst about 90% of their inventory manufactured in that "Commie" country.  I support the decision by Daisy to have their No 25 Pump Action BB gun manufactured in China, basically because it gives me the opportunity to own a brand new specimen of that legendary Model N0 25, inasmuch as I do not have access to a time machine that could transport me back in time so that I could pick  up one of the originals.

I think most of us Daisy enthusists would prefer that this gun be made in the USA. Would I pay more if it were manufactured in the US?  You bet, and I would still buy it; it is a crying shame that it can't be manufactured here, I wish it could be but the reality is it wouldn't be competitive with other similar products. 

-------------
Semper Fi

Date Posted: November-14-2009 at 4:00am
Are the people of China even allowed to own a BB gun?

-------------
Buck

Date Posted: November-14-2009 at 6:44am
Buck,
Any country that puts soldiers in churches to monitor sermons, and sentences illegal Bible possession with five years hard labor probably doesn't allow private BB gun possession, either.
Red China is a slave state, and its people are prisoners living under conditions we should not tolerate.

Willie, when I get the time machine up and running I'll be sure and bring you back a new model 25!
Personally I'd pay $100 for a  brand new US made model 25.  Very durable gun, considering it survived countless plinking sessions for 40 years with barely any maintenance at all.
My guess, and maybe I'm wrong, is that the new guns don't have interchangable parts with the original.  I went to order new seals 4 months ago, and Daisy informed me that they no longer carry any model 25 parts.  Curious since they must have had at least a year lead time to get their China factories set up for production.
From some of the posts I read above, the new one sounds chinsy.  But I must say, the picture on the box looks like one from the '40's.  Rebuild kits are available for about $40. and it's remarkably easy to rebuild the 25.  I think you'd be happy getting an oldie that just needs a seal, but suit yourself. 
Over and out

Date Posted: November-14-2009 at 7:33am
The reissue Daisy No 25 is a very enjoyable air rifle; it feels substantial, the heft is right, and the shot tube is extraordinairily smooth to insert in to the barrel shroud, an excellent feature when you compare it with the jiggling effort required of the older variations, and it is INTERCHANGEABLE with the earlier variations.

While I am not in sympathy in anyway with the Red Chinese style of governing (20 years a U. S. Marine) the ordinary individual is a very industrious worker for whatever stipend that they are able to earn and they know that their livihood depends on producing a quality product for the pricing of the end item.  As the Russians discovered, you can not keep them "down on the farm" forever and the Tinniamon Square episode of several years ago has the governement lackeys in a panic.  As the general populace acquires a taste of the economic advancements which really goes hand in glove with personal freedoms there will be an eventual change.

What does all of this do with a Daisy product?  I look at it as another peg in the uplifting of the overall Chinese condition, as all of the products that the WalMart and Home Depot imports result in the typical American consumer flocking to those outlets, but also results in our increasing dependence on them for our everyday needs;  this is what enables the Chinese government to purchase all those U. S. Treasury Bonds that are keeping our government and economy afloat, which can be interperted as a very uncomfortable fact of life.

-------------
Semper Fi

Date Posted: November-14-2009 at 8:13am
Willie,
Thanks for the update on interchangability of parts.  Former Army myself, and I do understand the strategy of undermining the Red menace by giving them a taste of prosperity. Seems the reds did their work on underminig the West from within, judging from what comes out of our colleges and Hollywood these days.  
Happy plinking!

Date Posted: November-14-2009 at 11:00am
Thanks for serving, Doc; as an aside, I have faith in the Daisy folks to not stick us/we consumers with a inferior product not worth the purchase price.  There are bound to be some returns, but we all should know by now that Daisy supports their product line; back in February I had to return a Daisy Model 617X Powerline Pellet & B-B Gun (CO2 dual ammo semi-automatic pistol) made in Japan, that had the magazine release stuck, and Daisy Customer Service dispatched a brand new replacement to me immediately. 

-------------
Semper Fi

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: November-21-2009 at 3:37pm

I ordered My 25 from BassPro 11/18/09...received it 11/21/09.  It must be back in stock.  I haven't had a chance to check it out.  I'll post my opinion.

Semper Paratus 

Posted By: recoatlift
Date Posted: December-08-2009 at 5:02pm
well, i got one @ bass pro and did not notice the made in china thing.  i'd also pay more if it was usa made...but what is anymore?

anyway, the gun fed 200 rounds without a hicup.   it shot where i aimed.   i kept it shouldered & fired as rapidly as i could between re-loads,  i punched out a 3" diameter target @ 25' quite nicely.  i was surprised.

the fps is noted @ 350'....any more pumps does nothing for power.  i found it to be very satisfying & fun to shoot.   i'm glad i got one....i have a model 25 from 1936 that i had been shooting....now i can let it rest as i use the chicom issue.   others have noted the plastic parts & wood...cant add anything to whats been posted before. 

good shooting!

Posted By: santos
Date Posted: December-12-2009 at 12:37pm
I bought one the new ones from BassPro and I really like it.  I've never seen an older model in person but I dare to say this one is well constructed.  I don't even see any plastic parts.  Some people say the trigger is plastic and the top of the shot tube but they don't look plastic to me.  For a BB gun, I think it is very accurate.  The only thing I don't like is the "Made in China" mark.  Daisy don't have any support for this rifle now but they say they will have support for it by the middle of next year (2010).

Date Posted: December-12-2009 at 4:23pm
Hi Santos:  Some of us that were among the early buyers of this reissued Daisy Model 25 first saw pictures of it on the BassPro web site, and observed what looked like plastic features on some of the components; later, when we actually had the guns in hand it was realized that those components were something other than plastic but still  of unknown material and is still unknown, but  you are correct, definitely not plastic.

Also, personally, I would like to know what kind of wood was used in making the stock and  6-groove hand pump

-------------
Semper Fi

Posted By: longbow
Date Posted: December-13-2009 at 4:46am
i also purchased 2 of the bass pro no. 25 bb guns and they compare pretty favorably to my  no. 25 variant 7. of course the stamped engraving is pretty crude compared to my original but it is an all steel gun with no plastic parts that i can  see other than the cross bolt safety. the shot tube goes into the barrel a lot easier than my original no. 25 and the new shot tube interchanges with the original gun! too bad  Daisy chose to have  it made in China and all the warnings stamped all over the barrel top detract from the overall good looks ( a modern concession to liability lawsuits- sign of the times). i personally would have been willing to pay more for this gun to be made here and  told the people at Daisy so. These new  25's are good shooters and pretty accurate.

Posted By: lbwheat
Date Posted: December-14-2009 at 3:11am
     I've just received my New Model 25 from Bass Pro and it has been a while since I've owned or handled one of these but, I believe this one even though it comes from China is as good and in many respects better than the original. Original had a plastic stock that warped right away. The new model has wood stock and pump handle as well as all steel constuction. The shot tube assenbly as well as the end cap is all metal. The trigger is metal with a plastic and steel safety. The safety is probably a good idea but, I'm not used to seeing it there. It is nicely finished and everything fits very well.My first Model 25 I received for Christmas in about 1950. It was so hard to cock that I traded it for a Red Ryder model that I could handle the lever action easier. I vowed that when I was strong enough to use the pump model I would get another one. Now 59 years later I have another model 25 and glad to get it. I still have my Red Ryder model as well as another that was purchased in the early Seventies to keep by the kitchen door to ward off Racoons that came up to go through the trash cans.It was a cheaper model with out the fore arm but, it shots very well and still stands near the back door to ward off unwanted guests

-------------
lb

Posted By: BBBoy
Date Posted: December-25-2009 at 1:32am
I just bought a new Daisy chinese model 25 (only because I have longed for a real 25 for years and can't buy a new one made in America). It is crap! Out of the box the front sight is welded on at least 10 degrees off center and off square. You can see this just at a glance. Trying to use the sight is useless. The rest of the "quality" of the piece is as you might expect from a chinese-made product. I would gladly have paid twice the price for this rifle made in the USA, but that option was not available to me. I will put this junk in a closet or throw it out. I guess my only option is to try and find one of the older models at a trade show somewhere. Anyone know where I might find a wooden stock model 25 in really good condition? Maybe the centennial edition?

Date Posted: December-25-2009 at 7:43am
My recommendation is to take the gun back to where you bought and and/or call Daisy Customer Service, and have the gun exchanged; mine had a cant to the front sight but it lined up okay with the rear sight, and it really is a accurate hard hitting gun which I really enjoy.

I just bought a lot of 60 vintage BB guns at auction and am still processing them, but included in the lot are 8 vintage Daisy No 25's, and one of the Centennial replicas.  So far, only the Centennial replica has proven to be operational; I will focus more attention on the others and experiment before sending them off to my airgunsmith. 

If you want to talk at length, my phone number is 617 924 8618 in Massachusetts, and email is mailto:Clfmustang@aol.com - Clfmustang@aol.com .

Have patience with that China made gun, exchange it for another and check out the carton before you leave the store.

UPDATE: 4 Jan 2010  As an experiment I removed the shot tube from the reissued Model No 25 made in China and inserted it into the 7 vintage Daisy Model No 25's that were inoperable and two of them responded in a supremely favorable manner, no dropped BBs, accurate and hard hitting results; then I did the same with shot tubes from Daisy Model 99's, with the same results so now I have only 5 that actually need the gun portion repaired, the others will have to have the shot tubes taken care of; I hope that the rumor I heard about the reissued Model 25's shot tubes are to be sold separately is true because that would be excellent.  They are easy to insert into the barrel shroud, a great impovement over the jiggling process required with most of the vintage guns.

-------------
Semper Fi

Posted By: bazthespazz
Date Posted: January-02-2010 at 9:57am
I received one of the new 25's for Christmas and as mentioned before, the quality is sub-Daisy. It shoots fine and feels much like my old 1955 Model 25 but the first one I received shot low by about an inch at only 10 to 15 feet. When I attempted to adjust the rear sight elevation screw the sight just popped off. Daisy was to happy replace it even sending be a call tag for return shipping but I now don't have a lot of faith in the quality. The replacement is now hanging on the wall with the rest of my collection. It seems to shoot pretty much on but I'm afraid to make any adjustment to the rear sight.

And Willie, the 25's are actually pretty easy to work on. My old 1955 needed new seals and an air tube so I opted to replace the original leather seal with the newer rubber plunger. I made myself a spring compressor and had to cut about 4 coils off of the original spring but now it shoots like new. I also added a felt oil washer which the original didn't have. I got some advice from a friend of mine in Michigan who's rebuilt 100's of them and with his tips it turned out perfectly.

Date Posted: January-03-2010 at 10:14am
Thank you very much for the tip, I will record it and put it with my data on Model 25's

-------------
Semper Fi

Posted By: Desertdweller
Date Posted: January-03-2010 at 3:41pm
BBBoy,

I think you would be doing yourself and all the rest of us a favor if you were to take Willielumplump's advice and give Daisy a chance to correct the problem by exchanging your gun.  The fact that this is a new product distributed through only one vendor shows that it is a test marketing.  As such, it is important that Daisy get feedback from its customers on any problems like those you are having.  They can then trace the problem back to the plant and correct it.  This will result in a better gun for all of us.

Daisy is a reputable company to deal with.  I have discovered this through personal experience.  Their reputation is on the line with every product they sell with their name on it, regardless of where it is made.

When Daisy returns a shipment of guns to the factory in China with defective sights, I am sure the producer will get the message!

I intend to buy one of these guns when I get near a Bass ProShop.  I want to inspect it before buying it, and Bass ProShops are pretty scarce out here on the Chihuanhuan Desert.  Maybe there wil be more distributors before long.

Les

Posted By: dayzeecollectr
Date Posted: January-07-2010 at 11:32am
I also went to the Bass Pro Shop site and checked out the new model
25. Even though some of the reviews were not very positive, I still had to
order one for my collection. The cool thing is ...I still have my original
that I had as a teenager!!
Just curious...how many on here ordered that special Red Ryder Christmas
edition rifle that included the note cards??

Posted By: melkrei
Date Posted: January-08-2010 at 8:29am
Clap  If the new 25 is a success what are the chances that Daisy will bring back the 21, 104, or the 107 ?

-------------
MEL KREI

Date Posted: January-08-2010 at 12:59pm
Doubtful, because it takes years to go through the process, and there were several wirestock replicas that didn't sell so it is a very small market.

-------------
Semper Fi

Date Posted: January-27-2010 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by dayzeecollectr dayzeecollectr wrote:

I also went to the Bass Pro Shop site and checked out the new model
25. Even though some of the reviews were not very positive, I still had to
order one for my collection. The cool thing is ...I still have my original
that I had as a teenager!!
Just curious...how many on here ordered that special Red Ryder Christmas
edition rifle that included the note cards??
"that included the Chrismas cards" 

Can't shoot a Christmas card!

-------------
Semper Fi

Posted By: stormy
Date Posted: February-19-2010 at 2:59pm
   I came across this site because I am looking for a gun to replace the Red Ryder model that I bought in a local store.  It was a pure piece of poop from the start:  as I was trying to remove the lock tie around the stock so that I could try out my new thing, the paint (and I use this term loosely) begun to actually RUB off.  It continued to just come right off.  In a very piqued manner, I finally took it outside to test it.  'Bout pulled my arm outta joint trying to cock it, as it locked up 1/2 way through and had to practically talked to (!) before I could cock it.  Velocity was not as good as my 19-yr-old duct taped model!!  I furiously wrote letter to Daisy, and the BBB and mailed them this POS, and said 'don't sell it if it's a piece of crap.  So, I am now looking for which models are made in America -- anyone know?

Date Posted: February-20-2010 at 6:22am
The items found on http://www.gunbroker.com - www.gunbroker.com  and http://www.auctionarms.com - www.auctionarms.com identified as RR Carbine, No 111 Model 40 were all made in the USA as well as the vintage Model 25's; additionally, I believe the earlier model RR Carbines Model 1938B and prior were made in the USA.  If you read all of the posts pertaining to this reissued Model No 25 you will note that the preponderence of BB gunners like this gun and have commented very favorably as to its durability and performance.  For those guns that are defective a very easy remedy is found by returning it to Daisy or from source of purchase and you will immediately receive a replacement. 
A few bad specimens should not be a cause for bad mouthing the entire product line just because it is made outside of the U. S.   LOL, my 2006 Dodge Dakota , purchased  brand spanking new in Dec of '06,  now with only 15,345 miles is now in a dealership garage having a brand new 8 cylinder engine installed; I never towed anything with it, and the heaviest cargo were barrels of leaves being taken to the recycle center.  Am having much better luck with the '06 Dodge Charger w/Hemi, mainly because my spouse drives it most of the time, but it has had some issues although easily resolved.  And so too, can  the issue of your defective Red Ryder be resolved.  Good luck!

UPDATE: 23Feb10, Wow, got the truck back with the new engine, drives like brand new, happy days are here again!  Fortunately it was covered by the warranty w/$50 deductable.

-------------
Semper Fi

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: March-03-2010 at 6:56am
For sure...The Local Rolls Royce Dealer has a service and a parts dept.  What does that tell you?

Posted By: beerbarrel
Date Posted: March-22-2010 at 4:17am
I, as several Daisy collectors, bought two of this re-issue Model 25. I, in my own opinion, think that it is a crying shame, that an American icon, is now being made "elsewhere". I took one of the new isuue 25's out to see what the performance and quality was. Very Disappointed! Front sight off center, tang on stock off center, as far as shooting, bb's seem to go all over the target. For comparison, broke out the old Model 21, quality perfomance is different as day and night.

Date Posted: March-22-2010 at 8:37am
Hi All:   This response in no way is meant to disagree with the disgruntled and disappointed BB gunners that lament that the icon Model 25 is now manufactured elsewhere; so are many of the other models that Daisy farms out  made in  other countries.

The bottom line is the governing factor in any manufacturer's business plan; if the reissued new Model No 25 does not meet Daisy's market expectations, management will seek an alternative manufacturer because, like myself, there are many others that are gravitating to the air gun and the myriad methods involved in propelling a very inexpensive projectile, when compared with powder firearms.

The mass market has to support the company's product line, and if a inferior product results,
the market will  take care of that problem by purchasing some other product.

I too purchased two of the reissued No 25's  last November, and 9 of the reissued shot tubes when they became available; have only opened one box and yes, the front sight and the tang appear out of alignment but I am still able to obain excellent results at 35 feet;  the shot tubes are OUTSTANDING so far.  It is just a matter of time to test the durability of these items.

I have found that Daisy's Customer Service does an excellent job in responding to complaints; I had returned a malfunctioning pistol and received a brand new one in return, not sure if Daisy repairs  and resells them as rehabed, or just deep six them.

I would prefer to be able to purchase a new Daisy producet manufactured in the United States and would be willing to pay the price, however, I doubt that there would be enough appeal to attract a mass market.

In the meantime, the old, vintage models made in the United States should be treasured, and the resale market should become lucrative for those that hang in there.

-------------
Semper Fi

Date Posted: March-22-2010 at 3:45pm
Hello All, Sorry if I seemed a bit disgruntled, and I sure don't want to upset anyone. It's just that, I  tend to look at the old days, Daisy BB guns, to us kids, were, just so much American, like hotdogs and apple pie. I must agree with you Willie, the old vintage models, made in the US, just bring back so many childhood memories, I guess thats why I collect them!

beerbarrel

Date Posted: March-22-2010 at 5:47pm
Hey, beer barrel:    You are right-on about those childhood memories, and those memories carry plenty of emotional weight because they take us back to those "carefree" days of going out on a great afternoon and shedding most of the restraints imposed upon us by parents, school and whatever, and having that good ole BB gun that could reach out and touch something! :)Wink

I was recently looking at an old photograph of me in my dress blues, standing beside my cream top-blue body 2 dr hard top 1954 Oldsmobile and I had forgotten how beautiful that car was;  point being, nostalgia can bear heavy on how so much seems to have gone down hill.

I believe that Daisy wanted to bring back that No 25 to satisfy that nostalgia, and introduce the wonder of owning such an icon to the new generation of BB gunners; the vintage guns are wearing out, and I think it was a smart business move.  I mean, there was an awful lot of excitement generated when that gun was reintroduced, but was dampened somewhat when it was discovered that it was made in China; had very visible defects such as the sight and stock tang alighnment and other idiocentricities like the rear sight falling off or the paint peeling, etc.. etc., and you can believe that the Daisy folks are taking immediate remedial action because I am sure that the company invested a lot of money in R&D, development of machinery and facilities to produce it.  I never saw any marketingConfused, it seemed like a stealth effort, first that I learned of it was that a guy on this Forum announced that he had ordered one and man, the hunt was on.  Of all the retailers that the Daisy Museum listed as outlets for Daisy products, only one, BassPro, was selling them; I spent hours checking every retailer on the Museum's list and BassPro was the sole distributer! (Lol, I was attempting to do some price comparisons.)

I wouild like to read about what the Daisy Company is doing to improve the quality of that BB gun, and if anyone has any experience with Customer Service, that would also be nice to hear about.

-------------
Semper Fi

Date Posted: March-23-2010 at 1:11am
Hey Willie! I see you have had the same childhood memories as I! Getting up Saturday morning, me and all of my friends going on the great "safari", with our old trusty bb guns. It seems just like yesterday, where have the years gone? One thing that sticks out in my mind, is going around finding the old coke bottles and returning them to the store, got a nickle for the small bottles and a dime for the big ones. We would go to the store and buy packs of bb's for a nickle, if I remember right, there were fifty bb's to the pack. Great talking and sharing the memories with you.
Beerbarrel

Posted By: RedRyderUSA
Date Posted: March-23-2010 at 11:05am
Customer service at Daisy is A+. My shot tube came apart and they sent a new one out no questions asked. I also got a take down and stock screw that were stripped replaced as well. They are really nice to deal with and all you have to do is email them at the daisy website. They gun itself has been holding up well and I have shot nearly 10,000 bbs out of it. My two vintage 25s have better aim though.

-------------
Be Independent!

Date Posted: March-23-2010 at 1:34pm
Hi Red Ryder, that is really good news, and I would expect nothing less from Daisy's excellent Customer Service.

-------------
Semper Fi

Date Posted: March-23-2010 at 2:45pm
I hope the "Kudos" are passed on to the Daisy Customer Service Management. I know I have contacted them in the past and their help/service was outstanding. I make it a point to send a follow-up email or letter acknowledging the positive experience with any organization. 

-------------
Buck

Posted By: jhglasgow7719
Date Posted: February-19-2015 at 9:53pm
I haven't bought a China model #25 and won't buy one but I did buy a China model 1894, push button safety. Wish I hadn't.
Soon after receiving it in the mail the rear sight fell off. I sent it back to Daisy Arkansas and they quickly sent it back fixed.
Then something else happened and it would shoot but my Daisy Gun Smith friend fixed it.
Now the gun sometimes doesn't cock, when it does cock two B-Bs come out. My Daisy gunsmith friend has it again.
What a nice-looking piece of junk!
Don't buy a China model 1894.
I've shot it less then 50 times altogether.   

-------------
Homer

Posted By: bangpla
Date Posted: February-19-2015 at 11:22pm
I am a Lifetime Member of the Daisy Museum #40, however, I have not and will not purchase any of the guns now being made in China. I do not feel Daisy should be producing guns made outside the USA. 

I will continue to support the museum in other ways, but I will not add those new guns to my collection. I just feel too strong about this, and I know this is only my opinion, some will not agree with me, but that is just the way I feel. 

I believe most people would be willing to pay a little more for the guns if they were made in the USA, I know I would. Now having said that, I do have a few of the guns, Roy Rogers, and a few of the early guns produced by Daisy, however my collection of about 100 guns are mostly Plymouth and Rogers guns. 

-------------
LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937

Posted By: the fuse
Date Posted: February-20-2015 at 5:06pm
I have seen and shot the D 25 made in China. My nephew has one. He loves it. Knowing the 25 of old, I don't feel so positive about it. I do have a few Daisy's that were made in Japan. The original M14 is one of them and shoots great. Not sure how the Chinese M14's are. Sure wish it wasn't less expensive to build a something and ship it half round the world. It's wrong on a lot of levels.

-------------
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.

Posted By: FREEBIRD
Date Posted: February-20-2015 at 5:43pm
I had a Chinese 25 for a couple of years, it worked great and was good quality for the price, never a problem after thousands of shots. Chinese air guns actually have a cult following nowdays, a distributor imports Co2 rifles based on old Crossmans, the quality is excellent, they are a simple design to work on, and shoot great. Nothing beats the old Plymouth guns, but the Chinese are getting a lot better at air guns, some are even badged "proudly made in Shanghi". I always buy US manufactured guns when possible, or old vintage ones. To look at my Chinese rifle if you did not read the marking, it's all wood and blued metal construction, with almost zero plastic, you almost would think it is vintage US made.

Posted By: DannoP
Date Posted: February-20-2015 at 10:06pm
I think the big thing about the imports is if there is a quality control arm from stateside , my 25 is very tight and fit and finish is great ( still would rather pay a bit more and get it with the old USA on it ) and I like my Beeman P17 a lot too and it is more accurate than it has reason to be , the problem with the import situation is that we changed many of the tax laws in the 80's as the idea was that we would be service and other countries would do the manufacturing , the laws are such that you could have the same costs at domestic or import and the holding companies would come out way better even with the high cost of shipping , I worked with many large manufactures through the years and it's baffling how and why we did this to ourselves , change it 180% and you would see a big change in or GPA nationwide , but anyway this is a fun forum not a social and economic summit and sorry for the rant .

Date Posted: February-21-2015 at 10:40am
It's funny. My first introduction to this great hobby was Chinese springers like the B-3 and other repops of German guns. They are wood and steel. Heavy as a tank.  The cult following is partly because they are so simple that you can modify them in lots of ways. Mine are nearly all gone now. Found I don't care for springers. The lone exception is a QB 57 I've grown to love. $65 gets you alot of gun, with that one.
Now I'm all about vintage American airguns. 

-------------

Posted By: FREEBIRD
Date Posted: February-21-2015 at 1:45pm
QB 78 is the only Chinese gun I have left, it was so nice to be able to re-seal the thing or repair it, without any special tools, voodoo magic, or send it t a "guru" for $100. Simple design copied from a Crossman 160. Parts and upgrades are cheap also, probably keep it for a long time, it's really accurate as well. I have some vintage Crossman's on my list (400 repeater, 160, 140 and maybe a 101).

Posted By: marv
Date Posted: February-21-2015 at 3:39pm

...the fuse...
Was your Chinese B-3 the one that "LASTWORLD" calls the "Defender Extreme  B-3" ?
22 cal, 850 ft/sec ???
I bought one off Amazon seveal years ago for less than $50...I agree, it's built like a tank, and weighs about that much !!!

-------------
Marv

Date Posted: February-21-2015 at 6:35pm
The b-3's I had were garden variety .177. They shot at about 650 fps after a lube tune. I bought a few .22 under lever rifles as well. They could do 550 fps. 850 fps in .22 is way hot for a cheap Chinese springer unless you are shooting ultra light pellets or have done some kind of modding. The Chinese can and do make far better guns but you pay for them and it isn't under $150. You can still pick up a basic B-3 from a wholesale seller for less than $30. That's where I got mine. Amazon sellers just mark them up. 
I highly recommend the QB-57. Lots of fun for less than $70.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk