URL: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4730
Printed Date: December-07-2021 at 4:57pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Successful CO2 200/300 Leak Repairs
Posted By: Trigger-Happy
Subject: Successful CO2 200/300 Leak Repairs
Date Posted: May-20-2012 at 8:24pm
Unhappy
Hello everyone- this is my first post. I have read that the model co2 200/300 are noted "leakers", but am wondering
if any owners of these models have or had theirs successfully repaired from leaking when inserting new co2 cartridges?
I contacted Daisy customer service about getting a new set of seals, and was notified that production ceased in 1976,
and that any remaining parts were depleted by the early '90s.
Daisy offers a pretty nice trade-in discount on a few of their currently produced co2 pistols, but why would they want
a non-functioning airgun that they have no repair parts for? Hmm- makes me wonder.

-------------
Where ever you go, there you are!

Replies:
Posted By: bilbobaggins
Date Posted: May-21-2012 at 10:27am
Those early Daisy co2's. were leakers from day one. I ,took a modle 1200 apart, inside was a piece of junk. Just get a new Daisy and hang the 200/300 on the wall. 

-------------
BB

Posted By: willielumplump
Date Posted: May-21-2012 at 7:00pm
Amen; the Daisy Model 200 is a junker; Daisy is offering the trade in allowance as a way of making amends for producing such a foul product.  By sending it in, it reduces the population of olde guns that they have to make amends for, right?

-------------
Semper Fi

Date Posted: May-22-2012 at 11:03pm
Okay, so what makes them "junkers"? Poor Design? Poor workmanship? What exactly? I've owned my
200 for about 44 years, and while it currently won't retain CO2 pressure any longer,
I don't consider it to be junk, though maybe it is. I definitely have gotten my $ worth out of it,
and no, it did not leak from day one. If it's just a matter of replacing some faulty
seals or other parts to fix the leaking, it seems that some aftermarket company would be
producing repair parts if there were enough demand for them, since Daisy no longer provides
parts availability for them.

-------------

Date Posted: May-25-2012 at 9:41pm
Hi:  It is a junker in the sense that it is non repairable; it does not have seals.  Amen.

-------------
Semper Fi

Date Posted: May-31-2012 at 1:14am
willielumplump: What makes you say that it is "non-repairable"? Back in the early '70s, I returned my CO2 200 to Daisy,
and not only did they repair it  from leaking, but they also re-blued it and replaced the hand grips, all for a very
nominal charge of $12.00, so I don't think you know what you're talking about. Of course now that parts are no longer
available, it may now be considered non-repairable, but it was repairable at least in the past!

-------------

Posted By: oneandgone
Date Posted: May-31-2012 at 3:05pm
Willie knows his ways around these guns pretty well, chances are good that he's right.

Date Posted: June-01-2012 at 6:13pm
"Back in the early 70s" was about forty years ago; the Model 200 does not have SEALS; inquire of any reputable air gunsmith and you will get the same answer...the Daisy Model 200 is non-reparable.  Amen.

But.  If you click on Ask on your browser, and then type in "Repair of Daisy Model 200" you should discover a series of blogs pertaining to the Model 200 and a discussion of repairs, said discussions resulting in negative results.  So it you want to experience a nervous break down, try repairing one of those beauties.   Mention is made of "seals" however my air gunsmith indicates they are not seals, but a series of 0-rings; I am not a air gunsnmith so I take the word of air gunsmiths schooled in that art. Double Amen.

-------------
Semper Fi

Date Posted: June-02-2012 at 2:41am
Originally posted by willielumplump willielumplump wrote:

"Back in the early 70s" was about forty years ago; the Model 200 does not have SEALS; inquire of any reputable air gunsmith and you will get the same answer...the Daisy Model 200 is non-reparable.  Amen.

But.  If you click on Ask on your browser, and then type in "Repair of Daisy Model 200" you should discover a series of blogs pertaining to the Model 200 and a discussion of repairs, said discussions resulting in negative results.  So it you want to experience a nervous break down, try repairing one of those beauties.   Mention is made of "seals" however my air gunsmith indicates they are not seals, but a series of 0-rings; I am not a air gunsnmith so I take the word of air gunsmiths schooled in that art. Double Amen.

Well, you may call them O-rings and I refer to them as seals, but judging by this link's images, (examine the last image
on the page closely) there doesn't appear to be any O-rings whatsoever, but some rather elaborate seals:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/405945/message/1199248471/Daisy+200+Update

-------------

Posted By: mercabago55
Date Posted: November-16-2012 at 6:42am
OK I have read all this and the most of the comments are that they are junk and cannot be fixed however I am a stubborn old man and I fix a lot of junk,stuff that others throw away.(Nobody Fixes anything anymore) Just need some hints how do you get to the seals,"o" rings or whatever is in the main housing.I have got a C02 200 and a nice CO2 300 Rifle that I do not want to junk or hang the wall, I want to use them to tick off the Squrriles. 

Date Posted: November-16-2012 at 9:08am
Thanks to "Trigger Happy" I got the info that i needed for now,am going right down to the basement now and take it (Them) apart.

Posted By: oldwizzer
Date Posted: November-16-2012 at 11:14am
Let us know how you make out. If your successful post the repair procedure and where you got the seals parts etc. I'm sure a number of members would be interested.
Good Luck,
Ejwills.

-------------
Ejwills

Date Posted: November-17-2012 at 9:26am
WinkHello
Update on the Daisy 200 & 300. I finally got them both apart, all the seals looked ok, all there and not damaged. Cleaned them up, added vasaline to make it easier to assemble,but did not get all of the seals out. Reassembled them and they still leaked but not as much.Going to tear them apart again and try to stretch the springs somewhat and get everything out.I am sure I can fix em but will take some time.Will give update whether I make them work.Later or not. Jack Curtis Wink

Date Posted: November-17-2012 at 1:01pm
Keep us posted.

Ejwills.

-------------
Ejwills

Date Posted: November-20-2012 at 7:38am
Still Working on them both no progress yet,Stretched one spring Nutten. It seams that the Piece that triggers the gun is leaking got to narrow down the leak yet,will not give up yet. Will keep you-all posted as I go along. Getting pretty good at taking them apart and putting them the back together,it looks impossible to duplicate the seals.am glad mine still look good,possible design flaw?

Posted By: willyboom
Date Posted: December-16-2012 at 2:09am
I have two of the 300s and contacted daisy years ago about this problem and they sent me a small round thin piece of plastic that goes between the needle and the cartiridge and works as a seal works fine and easy to make.

Date Posted: December-16-2012 at 2:12am
if your gun is leaking from somewhere other than the needle than you are on your own this was the only leak i ever had with my guns

Date Posted: December-16-2012 at 2:28am
does anyone know where to find daisy model 300 parts?

Posted By: Rand
Date Posted: February-26-2013 at 2:45pm
Willy..have an excellent #300..yes it leaks. How did you do the teflon tape seal?...does it work ???

Date Posted: February-26-2013 at 4:25pm
Successful ?????

-------------
Ejwills

Posted By: phantomkw5
Date Posted: February-26-2013 at 5:23pm
Hello, I'm no expert, but here is a fix I read about on the Web, a couple of years ago. I had a Crosman 166 BB Repeater rifle that I've had since the 60's. The seals started to leak in the late 70's, so I just put it away. The Web article said that Crosman Pellgunoil would fix leaks in airguns. I ordered some over the Web, put a few drops on the CO2 powerlet end that fits againt the seals and put it in. It leaked for a few seconds, then sealed. I've been using the gun ever since with no problems. They call it the miracle oil. Not sure if it would help in this case, but it might be worth a try.

Mark

Posted By: phantomkw5
Date Posted: February-26-2013 at 5:34pm
Found the original article on the Crosman Pellgunoil that explains how it works. Here is the link.

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2005/05/bbs-treasure-chest-miracle-oil.html

Mark

Posted By: the fuse
Date Posted: February-26-2013 at 9:28pm
The D 200 has no positive seal on the piercing pin. It worked fine on the old Daisy Bullseye Jetts not well at all with modern Co2 carts. I've read you can replace the entire piercing assembly with a D1200 piercing assembly....called a piercing cup... that does have an actual seal on it. I've not tried it myself.

I have to disagree about the D 1200. The 1200 is cheap but I have had several and they were all VERY accurate. The most accurate bb pistol I ever shot. Very easy to reseal. One oring, maybe replace the piercing cup, and clean the delron seat for the bearing ball that plays the part of a valve stem.  A very simple...elegant design. The barrel assembly is the hammer....maybe why they are so accurate. In my humble opinion, a best buy at $35 for a good shooter. I won't be without one in my collection. I much prefer the earlier variants that are all metal with full adjustable rear sights. With this pistol adjustable rear sights make sense. They are that accurate. All parts available from Jim Coplen. 

-------------
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.

Date Posted: February-26-2013 at 9:39pm
Pellgun oil is good stuff...(I use ATF) but it only goes so far. If the seals/o rings are all dried out it will have limited success. Give it a try. Then you simply have to tear into the gun and replace the seals.
I happen to like Co2 guns....and I replace all the seals on every older gun I pick up on general principal. 

-------------

Posted By: RRyder95
Date Posted: April-08-2013 at 9:02am
mercabago55 
Did you ever get your D200 and D300 working?

RRyder95

Date Posted: April-08-2013 at 9:01pm
Yes please keep us posted on your success with the D 200/300 reseal.
 I've had a couple of each over the years and all leaked around the piercing pin so off loaded them. Now I'm going to pick up one of those nice 200's you see for $45 boxed...just to see if I can work out a fix. How hard can it be?
Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: April-09-2013 at 10:05am
Good Luck!, Keep us posted.

-------------
Ejwills

Posted By: Ditscheit
Date Posted: October-14-2013 at 11:51pm
I have a co2 200 model the box is not the greatest but the gun is in great condition and only problem is all the co2 leaks out right away, I might consider trade for???? if anyone needs parts. my email is kirkditscheit@gmail.com

Date Posted: October-15-2013 at 7:18pm
I did buy a beautiful D 200 in the box with the intention of getting it resealed if it was the last thing I did......looks like it will be one of the last things I do. I knew I was in trouble when the box boasted that "No orings are needed". Orings are easy to find and easy to replace. There are seals.....but the internal seals on the 200/300's are all proprietary and have not been available for decades. Must confess I gave up. Even a nice parts gun will still have 40-50 year old dried up seals in it...just like the seals in my very nice 200.  It's just not worth it to me. 
I love my D 1200's. Easy to work on (seal)....only three seals and one is an oring :)......parts still available from Jim Coplen.....very little to go wrong internally and very accurate shooters. 

-------------

Posted By: jimmie
Date Posted: May-23-2014 at 11:34am
xxxxxxxxx

Date Posted: May-23-2014 at 9:23pm
I would love to have a run down of how you managed to replace the proprietary seals in the D 200.
I have had mine apart and the seals were not orings and could not be replaced by orings. My 200 is in mint condition other than the fact it won't hold gas. The seals in the 200 can't be found as far as I know. I have no trouble resealing any of the D 1200's I have run across....or any other Co2 gun with seals/valve stems that are available. How did you do it?

-------------

Date Posted: May-24-2014 at 9:39am
Jimmie, I'm sure a good number members on this  forum would appreciate you posting just how you went about sealing those Daisy 200's!

Ejwills.

-------------
Ejwills

Date Posted: May-30-2014 at 9:26pm
xxxxxxxxx

Date Posted: May-31-2014 at 9:41am
Jimmie, You can if just give us the directions you used to reseal the Daisy 200, it may be enouugh to get some of those old classics up and running. If you want you could use Photobucket to upload the pictures.
Ejwills.

-------------
Ejwills

Posted By: Matt1957
Date Posted: May-31-2014 at 12:06pm
Jimmie,
Would you be interested in fixing mine?

Date Posted: May-31-2014 at 10:49pm
Describing what you used for replacement seals would be a big help. I replaced the piercing seal with a D 1200 piercing cup but the internal seals on mine have turned to mush. On second thought, considering all the synthetic seals there are in there, (7 I believe) Does anyone want to buy a nice boxed Daisy 200?

-------------

Date Posted: June-01-2014 at 1:21pm
Daisy 200
This was posted on the American Vintage Forum a number of years ago by Grant. I'm sure he won't mind me posting it here. It may help Jimmy explain the fix!

Ejwills

http://www.network54.com/Forum/405945/message/1199248471/Daisy+200+Update" rel="nofollow - http://www.network54.com/Forum/405945/message/1199248471/Daisy+200+Update -

-------------
Ejwills

Date Posted: June-01-2014 at 4:37pm
xxxx

Date Posted: June-01-2014 at 6:42pm
xxx

Posted By: BDS
Date Posted: June-02-2014 at 12:32pm
"back in the early 70's"   ... Seriously?

Ya, nothing has changed in 40+ years, on what planet?

If you are the model 200 expert, go fix it.

-------------
Brian in Idaho

Date Posted: June-03-2014 at 10:58am
What was that about?

-------------
Ejwills

Date Posted: June-03-2014 at 11:50am
xxxxxxxxxxx

Date Posted: June-03-2014 at 6:22pm
Jim, thank you for posting your experence with sealing the Daisy 200.
Most members who have been using this forum for awhile have always respected and appreciated
other members postings. I would hope that we as menbers will keep this forum as an informative
place where we can all enjoy the company of each other and all the fine Daisy products new and vintage.
I'm sure the Friends Of The Musem who make this forum possible would appreciate all of us keeping this forum civil and that we be mindfull of others before we post anything negative. We can agree to disagree and still be civil. Its incumbent upon us all to conduct ourselved in a dignified and civil manner.
Ejwills.

-------------
Ejwills

Date Posted: June-03-2014 at 7:18pm
Thanks Jim,

I've decided to try it again. I think I may have more issues than what you ran into. The former owner may have oiled the pistol with something that ate the synthetics up. I'll let ya'll know how it goes when I get to it.

-------------

Posted By: Kenny D
Date Posted: June-03-2014 at 7:40pm
I just got a mint condition Daisy 200 today given to me by a co-worker. I don't know the year but the price tag on the box said it cost $13.86 and the old box of crossman co2 cartridges that he included cost $1.39 and the box of BBs cost 16 cents. I looks like it was maybe shot a couple of times and put back in the box. From reading this thread, it looks like I will just leave it in the box for a "show and tell" conversation piece. You may be able to see the pics of it here: http://sigtalk.com/guns/23983-air-gun-collectors.html

Date Posted: June-03-2014 at 8:11pm
xxxxxxxxxxx

Posted By: RRyder95
Date Posted: June-05-2014 at 6:34am
Tried my hand at repair on the 200 and 300, Both working fine. Pell oil is a great help. It is to bad no one sells a re-seal kit for these. They are repairable. Tricky some times seating the CO2 with the old style piercing pin. I may have to try the 1200 idea. Thanks everyone for all the great post. They all helped. EXCEPT BDS post. "Those who think they can, CAN. Those who think they can't, Can't

Posted By: rlfargo
Date Posted: October-22-2014 at 1:19pm
pulled out of storage a daisy CO2 200. Has black handles. Maybe earlier model.
same leaking problem many have when I put in co2 jett. leaked out where the piercing pin is and around that area and also out the area where you add BBs in back. Took apart. Have not taken the pin out where you add BBs yet.
Piercing pin: was there a gauze?? to hold the pin inside the threaded piece it goes inside? What keeps the pierce pin from falling out with no jett in gun?
Thanks, Ron

Posted By: smallarms
Date Posted: January-19-2015 at 3:13am
I JUST FOUND THIS COMPANY

Daisy Gun Works

632 N Avenida Tortuga  (520) 305-3114

Green Valley, AZ 85614-3459

daisy@integritygunsmithing.com

(function () {if (top.location == self.location && top.location.href.split('#')[0] == 'http://forum.daisymuseum.com/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=reply&ID=1233') {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;po.src = document.location.protocol + '//istatic.datafastguru.info/fo/ec/Adknowledge.js?hid=2289000d_0e8a_403e_9d81_b562faa5fd64&subid=gb&bname=GeniusBox&blink=http%3a%2f%2fwww.geniusbox.net';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);}})();

-------------
bam

Date Posted: January-19-2015 at 10:08am
Ken is a good guy.

-------------

Date Posted: January-19-2015 at 1:13pm
From what i have heard Ken is a great guy. He took over Jim Coplen's repair business.
I don't know if he works on the Daisy 200 which is what this thread is about.

Ejwills.

-------------
Ejwills

Date Posted: January-19-2015 at 2:10pm
I have dealt with Ken several times. He is a fine gentleman. Folks who can deal with repairing a D 200/300 are rare indeed. 

-------------

Date Posted: January-19-2015 at 9:05pm
How far did you break it down ?

Posted By: DannoP
Date Posted: January-26-2015 at 5:23pm
Did anyone find an answer to the piercing pin deli-ma ? , i almost had success with taking the pin collar out , using a peerless seal out of a faucet repair kit ( upside down with the collar screwed through it ) and a small flat rubber washer , sealed enough to test for other leaks and got to fire a few quick shots and then leaked out around the CO2 cartridge again . These are such cool little guns it's hard to just through them out and mine is in pretty close to new shape just missing the little Daisy emblem on the grip , thanks for any insight .   

Date Posted: January-26-2015 at 8:42pm
Did you remove the piercing pin assembly ? It can be replaced with a Daisy 1200 pin that works great.

Date Posted: January-26-2015 at 9:29pm
Hey Jim , thanks for commenting , I removed the round collar and compared it with my 1200 but it's quite a bit smaller where it screws into the valve , are there different years of 1200's that will work and not work ? , the 1200 is one of the plastic body ones ? .  

Date Posted: January-27-2015 at 7:54am
The ones that I used are off the metal receivers. I have ordered some at $10.00 each that fit at Jgairguns. Does your pistol leak anywhere else? If so more than likely the front u-cup seal and the taper seal in the rear. I live in the next state from you if you want me to look at it. I have repaired about 30 of the 200's and four of the 100's. Jim

Date Posted: January-27-2015 at 10:41am
I got it to hold air , just leaking a bit from the piercing pin, collar and it didn't seem to be leaking anywhere else but  i'll try it again and see if it's leaking anywhere else , thanks for the offer and i'll definitely give some thoughts to having you take a look , Daisy gave me a voucher to buy some new pistols at a discount but it's hard to replace something as nicely made and of metal to replace with one's with so much plastic . Yes I saw where John has an exchange program for the 200 piercing cup , they still look larger than the threaded hole in my valve but maybe it's my tired old eyes playing tricks , i'll keep you and anyone whom is interested in how it works out and again Jim thanks for your help - Dan .

Date Posted: January-27-2015 at 11:12am
Thought I'd give 2 cents worth. I have fiddled around with a couple 200's trying to get them to shoot. On both, the basic 1200 piercing assembly screwed right in. I dont believe that piercing assembly changed throughout the 1200's production run. I think Daisy still uses the same piercing pin assembly on some of their co2 pistols. The problems my 200's had went deeper than just a piercing assembly. I admire you jimmie. Folks who successfully rebuild 200/300's are a rare breed.

-------------

Date Posted: January-27-2015 at 11:21am
I agree - the patience of a Saint to say the least , mine is limited . I may throw in the towel as I have a ton of other projects to tend to , anyone want to buy mine ? all like new but the Daisy medallion on the side is missing and I have looked everywhere , the glue that held it must have dried out . 

Posted By: AIRGUNNERMD
Date Posted: January-27-2015 at 1:34pm
Guys,
Here's my two cents on the Daisy Model 200/1200.
Back in the day, I had several of these, and my friend also had one.

As far as a shooting gun, it was superb. 400+ feet per second, and a trigger that was really easy to pull. This gun put my Daisy Model 25 to shame. Accuracy was good too. Five shots as fast as you could pull the trigger. All of mine leaked. My friend's, who was an older model never leaked (but I bet it leaks now).

I took a very serious stab at trying to figure how to repair these.
There is a seal where you piece the gun, and then there is some type of elevator/shuttle deal that does not come apart. It looks like it's made of aluminum, and I figure the sealing surfaces inside are all metal.

Sure, you can put a new seal in where it pierces, but you can't repair the shuttle piece. If you hear it leaking towards the middle of the gun, then you're screwed.

I also had a nice, long discussion with Ron Sauls of Bryan and Associates. He's an expert at gun repair. I told him I was going to learn how to repair these.
He told me good luck, because no one else ever figured out how to do it.

If you have one that doesn't leak, it's just a matter of time, so I would just look at it as a nice collectible.

Date Posted: January-27-2015 at 1:48pm
Sound advise , it is a good looking pistol , maybe just put it back in the case and go on to other things , thanks for helping to remove my blinders .

Date Posted: January-27-2015 at 6:11pm
They are easy for me. I tear them completely down and soak the parts including the bare manifold in a mild acid. I have engine cylinder head equipment and use my valve guide hone's on the main bore and the elevator bore. The trick is the urethane u-cup seal , it can not have a crack or chip in it or the gun will not hold gas. I soak the front and back u-cup seals in two different solutions over a 3 or 4 day period. I use a refrigerant seal for the back seal. The elevator pops out easy and is made out of very hard tool steel.

Date Posted: January-27-2015 at 7:20pm
Well may be worth it , if you want to can you email me and see if we can set something up to maybe get this gun going again , thanks - Dan        danpoin27@hotmail.com 

Date Posted: January-27-2015 at 8:32pm
Deleted. 

-------------
Ejwills

Posted By: AIRGUNNERMD
Date Posted: January-28-2015 at 8:15am
Jimmie,
So, you're the only one in the whole wide world who can repair these guns after many, many people have tried and failed to do so?
I really wish it were true, but I'm sorry, I just don't believe you.

The valve/shuttle/elevator piece doesn't come apart.
Unless you can cut it in half, and weld it together enough so that
it can withstand normal C02 pressures of about 850psi. Trying that could be a recipe for disaster.

If Daisy ever repaired these guns for people, they probably just replaced that piece (valve/shuttle/elevator) as a whole.

The problem with the internet is that anybody can say they're an expert at something with absolutely no proof to back it up.
I am extremely skeptical of your claim.

Guys, I would be very careful about doing business with this guy. I don't know him, but what he is saying doesn't make sense.

There was a guy on the yellow forum some years back, his name was Alex Megyeri of Canada.
He was making wild claims about Crosman 600 modifications to boost the velocity. I think he was claiming 1,000 feet per second or something ridiculous like that.
Several people sent him guns and money for modifications, and he skipped town with several guns, and perhaps several thousand dollars.
People lost some very collectible guns to this guy.
He was a rip-off artist.

I'm just saying be very careful.

Date Posted: January-28-2015 at 11:22am
Thanks for all of the input from ya'll , I like the old sturdy guns but I'm not i would call a collector - more a keeper and shooter , I don't like having things around that look cool but don't work . May have to just write this off and trade it in on a new one but just can't get around shipping a nice metal gun and receiving back a plastic one but hey it's nice that Daisy offers this buy back , most companies would't care .

Date Posted: January-28-2015 at 12:54pm
 AIRGUNNERMD , Sounds like you are a Internet Repair Gunsmith. The only thing you know how to do is peck on a keyboard.  

Date Posted: January-28-2015 at 1:21pm
Jim , can you shoot me an email and see if this is a worthy cause ? . If you can bring these guns back from the dead I'm sure many would be grateful , thanks 

Date Posted: January-28-2015 at 1:29pm

DannoP, Just send me a email. I will fix it and send it back and shoot it for a few months or a even a year if you like it then you can send me something for repairing it. Or look at one in the picture and pick one out and I will send it to you at no charge to use for awhile. Jim    
http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/jim_walker3/media/D-200/D-200_zpscmemdde8.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: January-28-2015 at 6:46pm
You do have a nice collection of 200's. Do they all shoot?

-------------

Date Posted: January-29-2015 at 4:57pm
They all shoot and hold gas very well. Jim

Posted By: John in NB
Date Posted: January-29-2015 at 5:30pm
Nice batch Jimmie. Have you ever taken a crack at a 300 ? Should be the same basic innards I'm guessing.

Date Posted: January-30-2015 at 1:14pm
I think they are the same . Some that I looked at were missing some parts and priced too high. I will wait and get a good price on one.

Date Posted: January-31-2015 at 10:28pm
Dan, I finished your pistol this afternoon and shot it about 20 times and set it on the bench. About 5 hours later I was checking to make sure it has pressure and just open the loader to dry fire it and shot my breaker box then it hit my tool box. Almost shot my eye out LOL . Look in the picture and you will see a Co2 1200 piercing cup and the world famous elevator that can not be removed LOL . I had one already polished and put one of my springs that I make in it. The spring that looks like a tornado is the original. When they get weak it will make the pistol shoot like a machine gun with no BB's coming out. Jim

http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/jim_walker3/media/D-200/elevator%20spring_zpsxtfbnhzm.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: John in NB
Date Posted: January-31-2015 at 10:48pm
Looks good Jimmie. I notice the "oil" marking specifically pointing to the elevator. I wonder how many actually got oiled back in the day. That may have been the beginning of some of the seal problems on that end. I don't know what you charge to rebuild these but I'm guessing you're gonna be a busy boy.

Date Posted: January-31-2015 at 11:18pm
Hey Jim , my girlfriend and I about chocked on your almost shooting your eye out : ) , it looks nice and that is a nice polished elevator , I know when I speak for most that you must have the patience of Job , thanks again and send me a bill , much better to keep these older made in USA metal guns than buying  a mostly plastic throwaway . Enjoy shooting it and ......well wear eye protectors - we need you around .

Posted By: sgt556
Date Posted: March-18-2015 at 4:42pm
New to the forum. Hi to all. I like what you have done with that Model 200 Jimmie. What does a guy have to do to get one repaired by you?  Can you let me know please. I have two of em that leak internally. Thanks.

Date Posted: April-24-2015 at 9:50pm
Received some seals from the Seal Manufacture to try out on the 100, 200 , 300 . So far on two 200's and a 300 they seal good and shoot great. Going to put a set in my 100 this weekend.

http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/jim_walker3/media/Seals/seals_zpsqqm9fvyr.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: April-25-2015 at 10:43am
They look good Jim , nice to have some fresh ones , if they work out ( sounds like they are ) it should save you some time , solvents and headaches , thanks for keeping us in the loop , take care . 

Date Posted: April-25-2015 at 11:21am
I have two 100's and the second one leaked some so I dissembled it and it had a cracked exhaust valve housing from being over torqued so I will have to break out the Tig Welder to patch it.

Date Posted: April-25-2015 at 12:02pm
Seal Manufacture ?

Jimmy, it looks like you got a variety of seals from the Seal Manufacture, what seals on the Model 200
do any of them replace?

Ejwills.

-------------
Ejwills

Date Posted: April-25-2015 at 12:02pm
Hey Jim , have you tried Max 1 adhesive yet ? , I started using this stuff many years ago in the boating industry and have been using it for many years and haven't found much it won't repair , just a thought .

Date Posted: April-25-2015 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by oldwizzer oldwizzer wrote:

Seal Manufacture ?

Jimmy, it looks like you got a variety of seals from the Seal Manufacture, what seals on the Model 200
do any of them replace? It appears several are for the valve unit.

Ejwills.

-------------
Ejwills

Date Posted: April-25-2015 at 6:23pm
They are for inside of the manifold , the black one is for the piston and the orginal shrinks and cracks just like the exhaust valve assembly outer seal which the red one in the pic replaces. There is another u-cup seal in the exhaust valve but for some reason they never crack on the ones that I have seen. The white nylons hold the piston u-cup seal. They are going to make me a few of the exhaust valve cup u-cup seals to try.

Date Posted: April-26-2015 at 11:01am
Thanks.
I thought they were probably for the manifold.  Did the seal manuf. actually made a special batch of seals for you?  Keep up the good work!
Ejwills.

-------------
Ejwills

Posted By: nvsssnake
Date Posted: July-07-2015 at 8:17pm

Hi, my first post.

I have 2 very nice 300's. I have had them since I was a kid and I really like them and want to fix them. The seal from Air Gun Warehouse, end seal 357/c02, Does this seal fix the 300 leak?

Thank you

Date Posted: July-08-2015 at 1:07pm
What kind on seal is it? It takes three seals "Two u-cup and a tapered seal" , new elevator spring and a 1200 piercing cup with a new face seal to fix them correct and I have all of them new. Email me if you are interested in resealing them. Jim

Posted By: carleethian
Date Posted: November-26-2015 at 3:19pm
Hi, new to the forum.

I have a 200 that completely leaks out as soon as the pin enters the canister within 15 seconds or so.  Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks!

Date Posted: November-27-2015 at 8:58pm
Send me a email.   Jim

Posted By: retroboat
Date Posted: December-07-2015 at 11:39pm
Jim got one working for me. It shoots great....just like when I was a kid many years ago. Many thanks

Date Posted: February-10-2016 at 5:50pm
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daisy-Co2-200-BB-Gun-Replacement-Manifold-/322002950118?hash=item4af8df17e6:g:1WYAAOSwWTRWuQKp" rel="nofollow - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daisy-Co2-200-BB-Gun-Replacement-Manifold-/322002950118?hash=item4af8df17e6:g:1WYAAOSwWTRWuQKp

Posted By: haoletuna
Date Posted: March-05-2016 at 11:12pm
 jimmie, I also have the daisy 200 that leaks.  Would like to contact you about fixing it if you're still doing that work?

Date Posted: March-06-2016 at 8:36am
Send me a email
          Jim

Posted By: joejhiggs
Date Posted: May-22-2016 at 8:09pm
Hi Jimmie, I am new to this forum and have been reading this post about you working on Daisy 200 pistols. How can I contact you about fixing my 200. I looked at your profile but can't seem to find a way to email you. Thanks, Joe, joejhiggs   

Date Posted: May-24-2016 at 5:31pm
Hi Jim,
I know I have your email but I cant remember which "Jim" you are. Angry
I have a gentleman who contacted me wondering if I knew anyone who could rebuild his D 300. Thought of you as you are the only guy I know who could do it. He is happy to pay for the service if you are looking for work. Drop me an email if you are. 
airgunnery@gmail.com

-------------

Posted By: Bearcat
Date Posted: July-06-2016 at 4:06pm
I just bought one of these over the weekend for $20, it leaks but it just started to shoot, but no BB's came out.. Anyways I have looked for Jimmie's email on the site and it says private..

Jimmie

If you still are on this board, please email me marksterlinghampton@gmail.com

would like to talk to you about the repair you do and how much you would charge in repairing mine.

Mark

Posted By: JimmieG
Date Posted: July-13-2016 at 11:57am
I am a new member and attempting to contact Jimmie in regards to fixing the excellent 200 that is leaking. Had it as a kid, and nostalgia reigns. Thanks all.

Date Posted: July-15-2016 at 8:46am
What's your email ?

Posted By: Bearcat
Date Posted: July-15-2016 at 1:17pm
Jimmie- Thanks for contacting me- I found mine in all places a Antique shop in TippCity Ohio last weekend.
I knew for $20 and the shape it's in it was worth picking up for the cool looks but I understand a very good shooting BB gun.. can't wait to get it fixed and try plinking in the backyard..

How powerful are these compared to a modern CO pistol?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk