Forum Description: To help users communicate about Daisy Aiguns
URL: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=546
Printed Date: March-18-2024 at 10:14pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: I’m looking for 70’s era bb gun
Posted By: Guests
Subject: I’m looking for 70’s era bb gun
Date Posted: January-17-2005 at 6:33am

My first gun was a Daisy bb gun air rifle. My dad got it for me as a Christmas gift when I turned 10. It had a plastic stock, chrome center with a western design and dark barrel. I would love to get one for my son as his first gun. I don't see it offered at Daisy. Does this gun still exist? Thanks!

Replies:
Posted By: pinball-1
Date Posted: January-17-2005 at 7:28am
Do you know the model number? And was it a pump, lever action, or Co2? And did it shoot BB's or pellets?

Posted By: camster
Date Posted: January-18-2005 at 5:03pm
I do not remember much about the gun. I loaded the BBs in the center section of the gun (from the side)and I remember it probably held about 20 or so. It was a lever action gun and shot only BBs. It was not CO2. Thanks for whatever help you can give me!

Posted By: stevec
Date Posted: January-18-2005 at 10:03pm

Hi

Sounds like it might have been an 1894 model but the recievers were black unless it was a Buffalo Bill model, that  reciever was silver.Daisy for Sears had some brass recievers

Stevec

Date Posted: January-19-2005 at 4:10am
The silver Buffalo Bill model sounds like it! Are they still available for purchase? I LOVED that gun as a boy!

Date Posted: January-19-2005 at 2:32pm

Try auctionarms.com they come on there ever now and then, but dont expect to get them cheap as they are quite collectable. You wish you would have kept it now dont you, lol. Or you can get a new version, the Winchester 1894 which is the same thing except it isnt silver and not a Buffalo Bill. Good luck!

Date Posted: January-22-2005 at 12:14pm
Thanks for the advice on the Winchester. It is very similar to the Buffalo Bill Scout -- so I bought one!

Date Posted: January-22-2005 at 1:12pm
No problem, glad to help when ever I can!

Posted By: dennis@daisykin
Date Posted: January-29-2005 at 5:32am
Daisy did make a Model 25 pump with a Chrome plated receiver in the early 70's.  I have one that is a BB Gun and also one that has the cork shooting barrel in it.  They are pretty uncommon and ususlly have rust on the receiver.  The chrome plating didn't hold up too well.

-------------
Visit my web site at http://www.Daisyking.com - www.DaisyKing.com

Posted By: Stejenma
Date Posted: January-29-2005 at 10:26am

Hi--I found a Daisy BB Gun that belonged to my brotherwho has been deceased for 13 yrs so this my very well be what you are looking for. Plastic handle Western pattern with cougar head on both sides and three stars each side.  It has the  It's a Daisy in a circle with a screw in the center of it. There is a pledge on the end of the gun--I pledge to protect humans, property, animals etc. w/ a picture of a boy w/rifle.  model no. 111 Daisy MFG Co.

reg 827739 Rogers, Ark, USA and the pat. #'s  Could this be what you are looking for--it still has the bb's in it. I'm not a gun person so I know not what the parts of a gun are.  So if you have questions I would be glad to answer them--thanks jennifer

Posted By: coolride0
Date Posted: January-29-2005 at 11:57am
sounds like a cool gun if he does not buy it- email me
bryant_marshall@comcast.net

-------------
thanks bryant

Date Posted: January-29-2005 at 1:11pm
If you selling it please let me know. Thanks! Jessejames1515@yahoo.com

Date Posted: January-29-2005 at 2:04pm
Can someone tell me about this Daisy bb gun that I have. Refer to my earlier posting today. Thanks

Date Posted: January-30-2005 at 12:57am

Hi

The model 111 is a fairly common rifle.It is made after the Red Ryder 111-40.It is not real collectable as there are alot of them out there.It comes with different designs on them.It is a nice rifle just not real collectable

Stevec

Date Posted: January-30-2005 at 9:57am
I haven't looked at this Daisy 111 as being collectible as I don't collect guns.  I just wanted know what it was and the year it was made. I haven't really thought about selling it as it was my deceased brother's.  But if there are alot out there then that first guy that wanted to buy one probably could find one preety quick, huh?  Just for grins, how much is the gun worth to anybody?  And since it's only sentiment to me, then maybe I can give it to someone who would love it like my brother did. Just a thought.

Posted By: coolride0
Date Posted: January-30-2005 at 4:53pm
hi if he does not want the gun you have i would give it a good home -   
bryant_marshall@comcast.net

-------------
thanks bryant

Date Posted: February-02-2005 at 6:28pm
Hi--I'm sorry but the Daisy BB gun will have to go on hold right now--my husband fell thru the ceiling from the attic 8 ft and he is in serious but stable condition.  So when this is over I will write more a bout the bb gun and decide if it's needs a good home.  I will refer back here at such time.  thanks for understanding--jennifer

Date Posted: February-12-2005 at 8:28am
 Hi--I have decided to give the Daisy BB gun to the first guy--danokane for his son to have. So sorry guys--I didn't want to sell it but I will give it to him so he can give it a good home.  jennifer

Posted By: Kevin D.
Date Posted: February-13-2005 at 2:54am
Jennifer, That was a very nice thing that you did for danocanes son, and I'm sure he will appreciate it as your brother did. Sorry to hear about your husband and hope he mends soon. Take care,KD

Date Posted: February-13-2005 at 3:17am

Hi

Hope your husband is doing ok.I don't think that is the exact rifle he was looking for but hey a free Daisy.That is very kind of you to do that

Stevec

Date Posted: February-15-2005 at 12:50pm

Hello--the bb gun is on it's way to danokane's son!  But I had to ask a friend of mine on how to unload the bb's and he nearly came unglued when I told him that I was sending it to a new home!  He said it was just like the one he had as a kid.  Then at the mail center, the guy asked me a ton of questions just to mail this thing.  After that was over with, he commented that he really liked that gun.

He asked me if I had sold it.  Nope, I gave it away.  He was alittle short of stunned.  I don't know what the big deal is but I'm glad it's getting a good home now.  Thanks for all you alls help--jennifer-----God bless!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk