Forum Description: To help users communicate about Daisy Aiguns
URL: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7800
Printed Date: October-20-2018 at 1:41pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Spring Pistols?
Posted By: FREEBIRD
Subject: Spring Pistols?
Date Posted: February-04-2018 at 2:39pm
I've always like the concept of the spring pistol. I have a few such as the Daisy 179, Marksman 1010 etc. They seem like a good set-up for short range type shooting, I especially like the repeater type versions. I have not tried the Daisy 304, but it seems to get decent reviews for what it is. I have several great Co2 powered pistols ,but I still like the simplicity of the spring versions. I see Umarex and Crosman came out with their version of the Marksman as well. Any of you have a particular vintage or modern spring repeater you have had good luck with?

Replies:
Posted By: rexron911
Date Posted: February-04-2018 at 10:26pm
Daisy Targeteer is great! Lot of fun! Ammo is hard to find though!

-------------
Okay, Black Bart, now you get yours!!!

Posted By: ramblerdryver
Date Posted: February-04-2018 at 11:51pm
I have a Daisy 188 pistol, which I like real well. "Feels nice" when holding it. Question: what's the "target distance" for this gun...that is, what's the distance it can shoot with acceptable accuracy?

Posted By: cobalt327
Date Posted: February-05-2018 at 1:14am
I'd keep it around 10 yards or less.

Posted By: Bavaria55n
Date Posted: February-05-2018 at 8:56am
The 188 is fun to plink with. The Marksman's (I like the old metal ones best) are good practice for racking the slide if you have a semi-auto powder burner. I have never shot a 304 but suspect it would be similar.
At 10-30 feet against pop cans they do well. Much further and you need to adjust the elevation accordingly.
Gary

Date Posted: February-05-2018 at 5:23pm
I have a 118 and they are nice, recently picked up the umarex browning buck mark pellet pistol, and it is also very nice, easy to cock very accurate and only about $50 (it's a mini-springer). For those of you with the Marksman, it can be made more accurate, I gently squeezed the casting around the magazine so it tightens up the slop in a vice, and use pellgun oil on the little barrel gasket to get a better seal. It made it shoot much straighter.Smile

Posted By: the fuse
Date Posted: February-05-2018 at 5:52pm
I have a lot of fun with my D 118 and a D bell target. Makes the winter go by a little easier.

-------------
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.

Posted By: willielumplump
Date Posted: February-06-2018 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by rexron911 rexron911 wrote:

Daisy Targeteer is great! Lot of fun! Ammo is hard to find though!
Try purchasing #6 shotgun rounds; they work pretty good. Oh, you have to open the end and pour out the shot.Confused

-------------
semper fi

Date Posted: February-06-2018 at 3:54pm
You can buy it in 25lb bags from reloading suppliers!
Gary

Date Posted: February-12-2018 at 6:30pm
The Umarex D17 is an improved version of the Marksman, but not by much. For $17 it's pretty consistent on cans at about 15 ft. and is a usable pistol. My old Marksman sprays bb's all over, but not bad at about 10 ft. What Daisy pistol is the .177 version of the 118?.

Date Posted: February-13-2018 at 10:27am
It was the 177. Have a couple but never shot them much. Same power plant as the 118 but bigger and heavier projectile. Very low power. They were (like the 118) intended for indoor or very close range shooting.
Gary

Date Posted: February-13-2018 at 5:53pm
I seem to recollect they were like  a "target special"? neat looking gun.

Date Posted: February-14-2018 at 9:02am
Yes, they took the 118 added some metal to it to look like a more modern pistol and gave it plastic grips. It has an adjustable rear sight similar to the post war 118.
Gary

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk