Forum Description: To help users communicate about other Daisy products
URL: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8074
Printed Date: June-25-2019 at 1:47pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Daisy Museum shipping costs
Posted By: cobalt327
Subject: Daisy Museum shipping costs
Date Posted: January-06-2019 at 3:08pm
Would like to hear from folks who have bought books/booklets, medallions, BB guns, what have you from the Daisy Museum. I'm interested in knowing what the shipping costs were. TIA

Mark

Replies:
Posted By: Airitis
Date Posted: January-06-2019 at 3:29pm
Mark, The only small stuff I bought from the museum, I bought AT the museum. I did have a model 25 shipped from there and it was about $15. I don't know how they estimate their costs. If I were to have other things sent I would make sure the volume of products was worth the shipping costs. Not just one or two pieces.

-------------
Air-It-Is

Date Posted: January-06-2019 at 4:07pm
I think what I'm seeing is they add shipping together on multiple items as if it was a single item. A book and medallion was estimated at $30 or some such. Just a single medallion is estimated at $13.85, book alone was about $16. Could be they charge the greater individual  shipping fee for items that fit in a package together.

Posted By: BurghDude
Date Posted: January-06-2019 at 4:36pm
I can't find the receipt to save my life, but I know when I ordered the Daisy Collector Guide from them, the initial shipping quote was very high.  Not long after I made the order, I got an email with the adjusted shipping, and it was much more reasonable.  I think their software guesses on the (very) high side, to cover their butts! 

Posted By: Bavaria55n
Date Posted: January-07-2019 at 9:33am
BurghDude-I had a similar experience. I just ordered some items from them and the shipping was quoted as $22. After I paid I got a notice the next day $11 had ben refunded. 
I wonder if they go for a worst case estimate then adjust it if the actual costs are less?
Had a lot of small things, medallions, pocket knives..........nothing big or heavy. Perhaps the minimum for each item individually is in the initial cost and by combining them they change it to the actual cost?
Gary

Date Posted: January-07-2019 at 3:43pm
They do have a disclaimer saying they won't overcharge and if you pay too much they will refund the overage, so it seems they are being fair about it. Still, they could do better by updating their software to give accurate shipping charges right out of the gate like the rest of the online retail sites seem to be able to do.

Date Posted: January-08-2019 at 9:53am
I don't know if anyone is interested, but the Museum has guns which were returns/rebuilds. They used to sell these for about 1/2 the MSRP. Current models mostly. You'd have to call for availability and pricing. They're not listed on the website.

-------------
Air-It-Is

Posted By: MarvMar
Date Posted: January-08-2019 at 7:16pm
Talked to them yesterday.
They have 1938B, and pink ones, for about 1/2 price. 

-------------
Marv, NW OH

Date Posted: January-17-2019 at 4:46pm
I saw yesterday the 1938AAR w/pop up target, BBs and glasses is available again. $70 plus ship. If they'd sell just the gun I'd get one. https://www.daisy.com/catalog/rifles-kits-specials?subCatId=12" rel="nofollow - https://www.daisy.com/catalog/rifles-kits-specials?subCatId=12

Date Posted: January-17-2019 at 4:54pm
Maybe you can just buy the stock and convert one.

-------------
Air-It-Is

Date Posted: January-18-2019 at 1:55am
I thought about that, too but when I asked Daisy CS about the stock, they told me it's unavailable as a repair part. I guess they don't want "cloned" 1938AARs running amok in the marketplace.

Today I'm going over to see Shane the stock maker to rough out a couple "adult length" Daisy stocks made from maple. One will be for a hotrod model 104 I modified to use a model 25 shot tube. It also has adjustable sights and a HP spring.

The other stock will be for a 105B that I'm turning into an extreme hotrod using the barrel from a 499B, one of my HP springs w/preload, windage and elevation adjustable rear sight using the adjustment blade like is used on the Daisy 901/880/74, etc. and a fiber optic front sight with a smaller 0.040" TruGlo FO rod (potentially more precision). Looking for around 400 fps and lights-out accuracy. If they're ready for prime time I'd really like to use Shane's billet steel trigger and lever to replace the plastic parts. He had a billet lever that we were going to use on the Red Ryder with the maple stock, it uses a maple "knob" instead of a hoop and it looks fantastic but there was a small adjustment it needed so it didn't go home with the stock.

Posted By: BurghDude
Date Posted: January-18-2019 at 8:19am
This is starting to sound like those fancy cars from the 20s and 30s, where the chassis would come from the factory (Duesneberg, Packard etc), but the coachwork was done by different companies.  Maybe we should start a thread:  Chassis by Daisy... , and put the custom modded / hotrodded / restocked ones all in there.  

Date Posted: January-18-2019 at 9:13am
I'd like to know what a "Billet" trigger is. Is it a one piece cast metal replacement for the current ones? Does he have pictures of them?

-------------
Air-It-Is

Date Posted: January-18-2019 at 9:01pm
Billet in this case is a term for a part hewn from a solid chunk of steel. It may not mean it cannot start life as a casting but usually one thinks of a billet part as being made from some type of forging.

I was there today but couldn't stay but for a minute. He was able to show me a new lever and trigger made from solid pieces of steel. He also had another billet trigger installed in one of his guns but I didn't have the time to shoot it- I was in such a rush to get my wife's car back (my car's got issues atm) so she could drive back to work to deal w/an emergency that I didn't have the time. So I dropped off the stock template and my chronograph and will go back probably next w/e when I'll be able to take more photos. Until then, these are some photos he sent me a of my stock being made, in them you can see some of the billet parts also in the process of being finished.

What I'm most excited about is the possibility of billet triggers being made to replace the plastic trigger module of the 1938B RR, 105B Buck, etc. The triggers shown below are replacements for the older 1-piece stamped steel trigger that Daisy used for many years.

Date Posted: January-19-2019 at 11:44am
Those pic's are worth 1,000 words. I wonder if the "trigger guard" could be thinned out a little to make room for bigger fingers. Since steel usually has better compression and tension strength, it might be able to handle even the cocking of the Hotrodded innerds.

I assume a billet trigger for the modern guns would necessarily omit the safety and anit-beartrap. Unless, it could be put inside of a current trigger assembly and just omit the trigger itself. Don't know how feasible that is.

-------------
Air-It-Is

Date Posted: January-19-2019 at 12:31pm
Shane's very accommodating w/design alterations and/or other ideas altogether. For instance I asked about a different forearm treatment than the Schnabel type he had originally shown, and he popped it out w/o issue. I mentioned how my thumb sometimes slides off the lever when I cock my guns and next time we talked he had designed a "lever shoe" that gives my thumb a nice purchase on the lever. To clarify, I cock the gun using a similar grip on the lever as using an old fashioned church key to open a beer. I have a few early photos of the shoe taken during mock-up shown below.

The steel trigger definitely would not have anti beartrap or safety. He dislikes the beartrap (as do I) and a safety should already be installed on all Daisys- it's located right behind the buttstock! wink-wink

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk