Forum Description: To allow our users to post Daisy products wanted or for sale
URL: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8232
Printed Date: November-30-2020 at 12:38pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Selling question
Posted By: stevec
Subject: Selling question
Date Posted: May-08-2019 at 4:58pm
Have some limited edition Daisy rifles that the box has never been opened. Would you open them to take pictures to sell them or leave them unopened. They are about 8 to 10 years old
Stevec

Replies:
Posted By: mbrooks401
Date Posted: May-08-2019 at 5:43pm
Any Red Ryders?

Posted By: cobalt327
Date Posted: May-08-2019 at 9:26pm
I would leave them closed. Anyone interested can google the models to see what they are, or you could add "stock photos" of them disclosing that the photos are not of the actual gun. JMO.

Good luck!

Posted By: BSAGuy
Date Posted: May-08-2019 at 9:59pm
I vote for leaving them closed, also.  They're only new in a sealed box once.  

-------------
Be Prepared

Date Posted: May-09-2019 at 5:22pm
mbrooks401
Think so, will have to check. Give me a couple of days
Stevec

Posted By: Roe
Date Posted: August-20-2020 at 7:52am
hi any of them Arkansas Can opener? Please let me know. Thank you 

-------------
R. Nucatola

Date Posted: August-20-2020 at 5:13pm
Sorry,no
Stevec

Posted By: twocompassheads
Date Posted: August-21-2020 at 6:43pm
Stevec
    The problem I ran into on new guns still in the box that are blued have a habit of rusting on the side of the barrel and the receiver.  The Red Ryders were more likely to do it.  Usually it was the side touching the box that it happened on.  Painted guns not so much.  What state did they come from, how were they stored, southern states with high humidity were the worst.  I know that collectors love to have that box still stapled and in mint condition.  It drives me crazy to not know the condition of the gun and to hold it and look at it or hang it up for a while.  I bought one that the seller said if you want me to open it and inspect it before shipping then he would and I did.  You could give that option to the buyer but the thing is who knows the condition of the gun sitting for 10, 20 or more years and still stapled in the box.  Just my thought on new old stock still sealed.

-------------
Ride and Have Fun

Posted By: daisyfan104
Date Posted: October-08-2020 at 10:26pm
If I was interested in buying a certain gun, I would want to see photos of the gun.  You could mention in the ad that the box had only been opened for the purpose of taking photos.

Date Posted: October-10-2020 at 5:47pm
If this is really Gary I am surprised at your join date and I thought you were from some where different then TN
Stevec

Posted By: oldwizzer
Date Posted: October-11-2020 at 12:41pm
Steve, [not sure this is the Gary in reference] Gary Garber joined in 2004.
Ejwills.

-------------
Ejwills

Posted By: twocompassheads
Date Posted: October-11-2020 at 5:16pm
  I believe this is Gary, I just bought an Encyclopedia from him and we talked to each other.  He may have shut down the account or started another one just recently.  His old profile name was DaisyBBgunner  and he lives in Tennessee.   The new one might be  Daisyfan104.  You might have to wait until he reveals himself on the site.  Kind of like being The Red Ryder or The Lone Ranger and not knowing his real identity.

-------------
Ride and Have Fun

Date Posted: October-11-2020 at 5:22pm
I met Gary once and one of my rifles was mentioned in his book. Matter of fact my name was mentioned in those who contributed section, me be famous LOL. I thought he lived in Ga or the Carolinas at the time.
Stevec

Posted By: jackdog
Date Posted: October-11-2020 at 5:34pm
I agree with  Gary and Dennis on this one. I would open them up "carefully" and make the buyer comfortable the guns are in good shape.  6 years ago I moved and had all my Daisy's stored for 4 months in a Temp and Humidity controlled storage unit.  All 7 of the Daisy's in boxes rusted up on me in areas that touched the box.   I wouldn't buy a sealed boxed Daisy that is over a year old..   Just me, I guess from my bad experience...  Rick

-------------
Aim Straight

Posted By: daisyfan104
Date Posted: October-14-2020 at 8:29pm
Gary Garber = daisybbgunner@aol.com = DaisyFan104 on eBay.
Long-time member of the forum.  At one time, the Museum asked to be the site monitor and I did that for a while.  It was at a time when bots were hard to keep of the site.

Posted By: jackdog
Date Posted: October-15-2020 at 11:03pm
Gary... these entries in this thread are too funny!   Thanks for the book and enjoy your custom tag.  Rick

-------------
Aim Straight

Posted By: DaisyBBgunner
Date Posted: October-16-2020 at 5:14pm
Steve asked a legitimate question.  I was surprised to see that my level was "Groupie" and that I had a relatively recent join date.  I did discover that I also had an account using the name daisybbgunner.  Not certain if it will accurately display my level.  I know I had to reach a large amount of posts to once have that coveted Red Ryder level!

-------------
daisybbgunner@aol.com

Date Posted: October-16-2020 at 5:15pm
Wow, I have suddenly been promoted!
Gary Garber

-------------
daisybbgunner@aol.com

Date Posted: October-16-2020 at 5:31pm
Gary, You just got a field commission !

Ejwills.

-------------
Ejwills

Date Posted: October-17-2020 at 1:37am
Saluting smartly!
I am finally retired so I may have more time to spend at Daisy Talk. I finally have time again to enjoy the Daisy hobby.
Gary

-------------
daisybbgunner@aol.com

Date Posted: October-17-2020 at 10:20am
Gary, Enjoy your retirement, visit often !

Ed.

-------------
Ejwills

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk