Forum Description: To help users communicate about Daisy Aiguns
URL: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8253
Printed Date: July-20-2019 at 3:45pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Daisy Model 25 Pump Slide Bar Screw
Posted By: Anewjohn
Subject: Daisy Model 25 Pump Slide Bar Screw
Date Posted: May-31-2019 at 4:30pm
What is the correct screw size for the slide bar screw on my vintage mid 50's Daisy Model 25 pump?
Thanks,
Arthur

Replies:
Posted By: BSAGuy
Date Posted: May-31-2019 at 5:18pm
That's a very tiny screw, Arthur.  Not sure of the size.  JG Airguns sells them, though.

-------------
Be Prepared

Date Posted: May-31-2019 at 5:25pm
Thanks

Date Posted: June-06-2019 at 1:41pm
Still haven't found a slide bar screw for my mid 50's Daisy Model 25 BB gun. Called or emailed most of the Air Gun repair sights, no luck. 

Posted By: 39hunter
Date Posted: June-06-2019 at 2:48pm
Author, copy and past this listing in your browser.  
https://www.jgairguns.biz/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=78_186_213&products_id=11541

-------------
Pat

Posted By: cobalt327
Date Posted: June-06-2019 at 4:34pm
Might want to shop around to see if there's something else you can use... this is from JG's site:

Date Posted: June-06-2019 at 7:32pm
Just got an email from JG Airguns, they
are firm on the $15 minimum merchandise
order policy. Using a small screw and nut
now, works ok. I will keep searching, one
will show up on ebay or somewhere.

Date Posted: June-06-2019 at 9:23pm
A small pop rivet works very well.  I bought a 25 that had a pop rivet in this spot.  I like things all original, so I replaced it, but it worked really well. 

-------------
Be Prepared

Date Posted: June-07-2019 at 12:51pm
I'd be interested in knowing the original screw's thread size and length, along with the size of the hex nut. There might be a hardware store type replacement available. I seem to remember the nut is smaller than what would usually be associated with the thread size of the screw but I could be mistaken. And unfortunately the nut that's shown on the Daisy parts diagram is no longer available.

Posted By: Gumslinger
Date Posted: June-07-2019 at 8:38pm

Are you talking about the slide bar screw at the fore end?  I have a 1930s No 25, and a 1960s No 25. Just for kicks, I just now put them on my workbench and removed the slide bar screws. They are actually interchangeable. These are both 6-32” slot-head screws, 5/16” shaft length and neither had nuts on them--they simply screwed tightly into the barrel tab. The 1960s No 25 had a lock washer under it. Did they ever have nuts?  I have no way of knowing just from these two examples, as this is the way I received these guns. But the screws cinched up tight without nuts. Hope this helps.

-------------
JCN

Date Posted: June-07-2019 at 9:54pm
They did not have nuts.  Just threaded into the bracket and good to go.

-------------
Be Prepared

Date Posted: June-08-2019 at 12:51pm
Thanks Gumslinger for the screw specs, I appreciate it.

My gun may not have originally came with a nut, perhaps it was installed by a PO as I bought it used.

This is from the current Daisy parts list/diagram for the 25. The 25 cent nut is not being restocked- seeing this happen more and more.

Posted By: jackdog
Date Posted: June-09-2019 at 12:40am
Pre 1978 there was never a nut on any screw on the No. 25.   The new version may have one, but I wouldn't know.  Made in china so who knows....

-------------
Aim Straight

Date Posted: June-09-2019 at 11:01am
Thank you for the update.

Posted By: Airitis
Date Posted: June-11-2019 at 11:19am
Just an FYI. Your houses are filled with 6-32 screws. If you want to try one without making a trip to the hardware store, the screws that hold the covers on electrical switches and outlets are 6-32. Also, the screws that hold the switches and outlets onto the wall boxes are 6-32. Length should be the only issue. Of course, these are not original Daisy issue but might get the gun up and running again.

-------------
Air-It-Is

Date Posted: June-11-2019 at 4:44pm
Better than an unthreaded steel part like a cotter pin that could screw up the threads.

Posted By: bangpla
Date Posted: June-11-2019 at 10:11pm

I will check my storage, thinking I might have one of these, and if I do it is yours free...I will check still tonight.

Louie LeMaster

-------------
Louie LeMaster
Vietnam Veteran 67-68
tatankatoo@aol.com

Date Posted: June-11-2019 at 10:23pm

Send me your email address or cell phone and I can send you a picture to be sure it is the one you need. 

Louie LeMaster

tatankatoo@aol.com

-------------
Louie LeMaster
Vietnam Veteran 67-68
tatankatoo@aol.com

Date Posted: June-15-2019 at 1:00pm

ARTHUR,

CALL OR EMAIL ME, I HAVE A SCREW.

Louie LeMaster

tatankatoo@aol.com