Forum Description: To help users communicate about Daisy Aiguns
URL: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8275
Printed Date: March-28-2024 at 11:12am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Model 95 Advice
Posted By: ecarfar
Subject: Model 95 Advice
Date Posted: July-01-2019 at 12:30pm
I've been following the thread below about the Model 95 not shooting with any force.  I just took apart my dad's circa 1965 Model 95 for the same problem and want to restore it.  I sent Daisy an email about parts too.  One thing I've always hated about this gun is that when you point the barrel below level the BB merely rolls out of the gun. Is there any fix for that without buying a new tube?  Also, my gun's barrel  was in really bad condition, rusted too.  I took it down to bare metal with a brass wire wheel and I'm thinking of blueing the barrel and all the metal parts.  Has anyone ever done that?  Should I just prime it and use glossy black paint?  I'd like to get this back to like new status in his memory.....btw, my dad had an old Japanese Arisaka rifle that he got in Japan after the surrender.  I completely restored it and checked the safety of it and shot it last weekend.  I enjoy bringing old items back to life!  Thank you in advance for any advice.

Replies:
Posted By: 39hunter
Date Posted: July-01-2019 at 1:05pm

Edward, your model 95 gun was painted.  It sounds like the shot retention spring on you shot tube is not working or is missing.  

You can order a seal kit from Daisy. It uses the current model 25 seals.

25 BS,   Part # 130126-100,    Barrel Seal   $1.00

25 PH,   Part # 130225-100,    Plunger Head  $1.50

Call Daisy Outdoor Products (479) 636-1200

-------------
Pat

Date Posted: July-01-2019 at 1:35pm
Thanks Hunter, you know, they just emailed me back and sent me a illustrated parts breakdown but told me that they don't stock any parts for that gun and gave me a list of places that might carry parts and gunsmiths who can fix it!

Posted By: 39hunter
Date Posted: July-01-2019 at 1:48pm
Your Model 95 uses the current Model 25 barrel seal and plunger head that they do have.
Here is a web site that I find is very helpful
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/grantthekiwisairgunforum/dave-albert-daisy-resource-t3831-s30.html

-------------
Pat

Date Posted: July-01-2019 at 2:27pm
Yup!  Found that site last night and printed out the documents!

Originally posted by 39hunter 39hunter wrote:

Your Model 95 uses the current Model 25 barrel seal and plunger head that they do have.
Here is a web site that I find is very helpful
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/grantthekiwisairgunforum/dave-albert-daisy-resource-t3831-s30.html

Posted By: BSAGuy
Date Posted: July-01-2019 at 4:57pm
Hi Edward,

Welcome to the Daisy Talk forum.  You have found the right place to get all your questions answered.

I have some factory new complete seal kits for sale.  They include new barrel seal, new plunger seal, new foam wiper, new air tube, new air tube pin, and the washer that goes on the back of the plunger seal.

Click on my name to get my email and contact me if you are interested.

As Hunter  noted, there should be a small retainer spring at the rear of your shot tube that holds loaded BB's in place to prevent them from rolling out.  Do you see that spring?

It looks like the two following pics.

-------------
Be Prepared

Posted By: cobalt327
Date Posted: July-01-2019 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by ecarfar ecarfar wrote:

I've been following the thread below about the Model 95 not shooting with any force.  I just took apart my dad's circa 1965 Model 95 for the same problem and want to restore it.  I sent Daisy an email about parts too.  One thing I've always hated about this gun is that when you point the barrel below level the BB merely rolls out of the gun. Is there any fix for that without buying a new tube?  Also, my gun's barrel  was in really bad condition, rusted too.  I took it down to bare metal with a brass wire wheel and I'm thinking of blueing the barrel and all the metal parts.  Has anyone ever done that?  Should I just prime it and use glossy black paint?  I'd like to get this back to like new status in his memory.....btw, my dad had an old Japanese Arisaka rifle that he got in Japan after the surrender.  I completely restored it and checked the safety of it and shot it last weekend.  I enjoy bringing old items back to life!  Thank you in advance for any advice.
I would encourage you to not use gloss black. It doesn't look right compared to what Daisy uses and besides gloss black is a real fingerprint magnet. Satin black is much closer to the black paint Daisy uses. 

If your gun is painted Daisy's blue paint that was made to resemble bluing (if it's a '65, it probably IS blue), nothing I have found is all that close to matching it. I have a friend who makes beautiful maple gunstocks and he has perfected the craft of flame bluing. It is beautiful to my eye- a deep lustrous blue with the color play reminiscent of case hardening but very, very subtle.

Here's an 111-40 Ryder he did- it was a rusty mess before he fire blued it:

The forearm screw and buttplate from my Red Ryder are also fire blued:

Date Posted: July-01-2019 at 9:37pm
Wow...I JUST ordered the seal kit on eBay!  The guy is from N. Carolina...is that you?  No, my spring is gone so I'm going to have to get one of those too.
Originally posted by BSAGuy BSAGuy wrote:

Hi Edward,

Welcome to the Daisy Talk forum.  You have found the right place to get all your questions answered.

I have some factory new complete seal kits for sale.  They include new barrel seal, new plunger seal, new foam wiper, new air tube, new air tube pin, and the washer that goes on the back of the plunger seal.

Click on my name to get my email and contact me if you are interested.

As Hunter  noted, there should be a small retainer spring at the rear of your shot tube that holds loaded BB's in place to prevent them from rolling out.  Do you see that spring?

It looks like the two following pics.

Date Posted: July-01-2019 at 9:39pm
I actually just blued a couple of Blackpowder rifle barrels but the finish on the BB gun did not look like it was blued, the lever however, does look like it was blued.  I may try it and see how it goes...what have I got to lose?  I can always remove it.

Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

Originally posted by ecarfar ecarfar wrote:

I would encourage you to not use gloss black. It doesn't look right compared to what Daisy uses and besides gloss black is a real fingerprint magnet. Satin black is much closer to the black paint Daisy uses. 

If your gun is painted Daisy's blue paint that was made to resemble bluing (if it's a '65, it probably IS blue), nothing I have found is all that close to matching it. I have a friend who makes beautiful maple gunstocks and he has perfected the craft of flame bluing. It is beautiful to my eye- a deep lustrous blue with the color play reminiscent of case hardening but very, very subtle.

Here's an 111-40 Ryder he did- it was a rusty mess before he fire blued it:

The forearm screw and buttplate from my Red Ryder are also fire blued:

Posted By: BSAGuy
Date Posted: July-02-2019 at 6:33am
Yep.  That's me, Ed.  I am mailing the seal kit today.  I think I may have a retainer wire here that I could send you.

Email me and I'll see if I can dig one up from my parts.

-------------
Be Prepared

Date Posted: July-02-2019 at 9:04am
email sent!

Originally posted by BSAGuy BSAGuy wrote:

Yep.  That's me, Ed.  I am mailing the seal kit today.  I think I may have a retainer wire here that I could send you.

Email me and I'll see if I can dig one up from my parts.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk