Print Page | Close Window

Adult Red Ryder

Printed From: Daisy Museum
Category: Daisy Airguns
Forum Name: Questions
Forum Description: To help users communicate about Daisy Aiguns
URL: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9403
Printed Date: April-07-2020 at 12:26pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Adult Red Ryder
Posted By: Dannop2
Subject: Adult Red Ryder
Date Posted: November-06-2019 at 8:59pm
Hello all , just got in my new Adult sized Red Ryder ....I don't like it ...love it ! , you wouldn't think that just over an inch in LOP it would be a big deal , but it's more - the stock is wider and thicker with a nice chamfer  where it go's into the receiver , wider at the butt , has a metal lever and is in a nice Red Ryder oversized  box with the Adult on it and some other small changes but still the red , black and white retro box , just fits really nice and a keeper for sure , Like my Chief A.J. a bunch but this is mighty cool in it's own right , may have to get a few more just to have , nice going Daisy , you listened and knocked one out of the park ...thank you .Star 

-------------
Realshooter



Replies:
Posted By: cobalt327
Date Posted: November-06-2019 at 9:26pm
That's really good to hear! What is stamped into the top of the gun for a model? I think I saw it called the 1938AAR but curious what the actual gun has on it.


Posted By: Rick Cates
Date Posted: November-06-2019 at 10:12pm
I would like to have one.
Where do I get one or order one?
Thanks
Rick in TX

-------------
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member


Posted By: cobalt327
Date Posted: November-06-2019 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Rick Cates Rick Cates wrote:

I would like to have one.
Where do I get one or order one?
Thanks
Rick in TX
Rick, only place I know of is directly from daisy  https://www.daisy.com/product-category/rifles/" rel="nofollow - https://www.daisy.com/product-category/rifles/

Maybe Marv knows somewhere else?

Mark


Posted By: mbrooks401
Date Posted: November-07-2019 at 7:29am
The Daisy museum has them. I saw them there last week.


Posted By: mbrooks401
Date Posted: November-07-2019 at 7:31am

$49.95 plus tax and shipping as I recall.


Posted By: cobalt327
Date Posted: November-07-2019 at 1:04pm
Cool- it's about $10 cheaper from the museum than buying directly from Daisy, $68.76 versus $78.41, shipping included for both (to my address).


Posted By: Dannop2
Date Posted: November-07-2019 at 5:14pm
Hi all , is stamped 1938ARR Mark , I got mine at Pyramid Air as I needed a couple of barrel bands on some other guns - $49.99 and for some reason when you order just one you get free shipping , just showed it to a friend of mine so it looks like 2 more are getting ordered  from him too , a no brainer if you want to keep having fun in your ...more wisdomed days . Nice stocking stuffer for sure ...have to be a big stocking but hey , maybe wader stuffing .

-------------
Realshooter


Posted By: cobalt327
Date Posted: November-07-2019 at 10:15pm
Wow, that's even better yet. Don't know why I didn't think to look at PA. For that price I might just get one myself, thanks!


Posted By: BurghDude
Date Posted: November-09-2019 at 11:03am
I was on the fence about this one, until I realized what a great host it would be for one of Cobalt's up-power springs! Maybe my AJ big loop lever will go on it too, just to really round it out. Merry Christmas to me!


Posted By: cobalt327
Date Posted: November-09-2019 at 2:46pm
The more I look at the 1938AAR stock, the more I like it. It's done similar to how Shane makes Daisy stocks, where the stock is wider and narrows down at the receiver. Too bad Daisy stopped making the wide frame repeaters like the 95, 96, 99, etc. They would be awesome with a similar stock treatment.

I just had a thought- we've used model 499B abutments and shot tubes in 105B Bucks as well as 1938B Red Ryders to make them into uber accurate high powered single shot guns- in essence a poor man's 499B. So why not put a 1938B shot tube assembly into the 499B receiver, along with a HP spring and add the piston and air tube from a '38B to make a 499 repeater? Having the 499 trigger assembly would also be great. There would need to be a way to load the shroud with BBs, but besides that it should work...

For that matter, I have a custom made 1938B, I call it my "#1 Red Ryder", that uses a 1938B abutment assembly along with 1-1/2 model 499 shot tubes joined together. That shot tube assembly could be used in a 499 receiver to make a true 499B repeater. I think I know what my next Daisy order will be! Sadly Daisy quit selling bare receivers for $17.00, so now I have to buy a receiver with the powerplant installed for $30.00 with no trigger, shot tube, stock or sights. Still, a whole lot cheaper than starting with a complete 499B!


Posted By: Dannop2
Date Posted: November-09-2019 at 3:35pm
You are a tinkerer for sure M , sounds like a whole bunch of fun making one up and even more shooting one , still have to get a moment to mess with my 200 but I will get back to it .

-------------
Realshooter


Posted By: cobalt327
Date Posted: November-09-2019 at 9:24pm
That's me alright- I admit I do get a big kick out of the ones that actually turn out good! I figure no harm, no foul because I always use guns that have no value to collectors. 

And speaking of which, I forgot I have a 99B here that uses the same receiver as the 499B. It only has holes for the plastic trigger, but other than that it will make a perfect stand-in for trying out this idea. Plus it'll save me almost $50 in the process!

Let me know if I can do anything to help with getting your 200 up and running.


Posted By: Airitis
Date Posted: November-10-2019 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

The more I look at the 1938AAR stock, the more I like it. It's done similar to how Shane makes Daisy stocks, where the stock is wider and narrows down at the receiver. Too bad Daisy stopped making the wide frame repeaters like the 95, 96, 99, etc. They would be awesome with a similar stock treatment.

I just had a thought- we've used model 499B abutments and shot tubes in 105B Bucks as well as 1938B Red Ryders to make them into uber accurate high powered single shot guns- in essence a poor man's 499B. So why not put a 1938B shot tube assembly into the 499B receiver, along with a HP spring and add the piston and air tube from a '38B to make a 499 repeater? Having the 499 trigger assembly would also be great. There would need to be a way to load the shroud with BBs, but besides that it should work...

For that matter, I have a custom made 1938B, I call it my "#1 Red Ryder", that uses a 1938B abutment assembly along with 1-1/2 model 499 shot tubes joined together. That shot tube assembly could be used in a 499 receiver to make a true 499B repeater. I think I know what my next Daisy order will be! Sadly Daisy quit selling bare receivers for $17.00, so now I have to buy a receiver with the powerplant installed for $30.00 with no trigger, shot tube, stock or sights. Still, a whole lot cheaper than starting with a complete 499B!






-------------
Air-It-Is


Posted By: Airitis
Date Posted: November-10-2019 at 5:29pm
Hey mark, I made a little modification to one of my "Mare's" that may be helpful in solving the loading port situation. I made a metal band with a thumb tab which circles around the barrel shroud. A hole in the shroud lines up with a hole in the band. You spin the band away and the hole is closed. It's held in line with two #4 machine screws on either side of the band. The screws are cut to about 1/8" long and tapped into the shroud. If you would like I can email a couple pix of the set-up as finished.

-------------
Air-It-Is


Posted By: Dannop2
Date Posted: November-11-2019 at 12:23pm
Sounds good on the 200 Mark , the updated spring conversion on your new Adult RR should be a very cool upgrade , I  may have to do something like that some time too when I get some time , Airtis has whetted my appetite for a Mares Leg too , another want on my list .  

-------------
Realshooter


Posted By: cobalt327
Date Posted: November-11-2019 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Airitis Airitis wrote:

Hey mark, I made a little modification to one of my "Mare's" that may be helpful in solving the loading port situation. I made a metal band with a thumb tab which circles around the barrel shroud. A hole in the shroud lines up with a hole in the band. You spin the band away and the hole is closed. It's held in line with two #4 machine screws on either side of the band. The screws are cut to about 1/8" long and tapped into the shroud. If you would like I can email a couple pix of the set-up as finished.
Sure, I'd like to see it.


Posted By: cobalt327
Date Posted: November-11-2019 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Airitis Airitis wrote:

Hey mark, I made a little modification to one of my "Mare's" that may be helpful in solving the loading port situation. I made a metal band with a thumb tab which circles around the barrel shroud. A hole in the shroud lines up with a hole in the band. You spin the band away and the hole is closed. It's held in line with two #4 machine screws on either side of the band. The screws are cut to about 1/8" long and tapped into the shroud. If you would like I can email a couple pix of the set-up as finished.
And here it is- thanks!



Posted By: Airitis
Date Posted: November-11-2019 at 10:39pm
As you can see I need to Dremel out the forearm a little more to keep it from scraping the paint, but otherwise it works well. In case you wonder, I also had to make the front sight band. It went on last.

-------------
Air-It-Is


Posted By: Airitis
Date Posted: November-12-2019 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Dannop2 Dannop2 wrote:

Sounds good on the 200 Mark , the updated spring conversion on your new Adult RR should be a very cool upgrade , I  may have to do something like that some time too when I get some time , Airtis has whetted my appetite for a Mares Leg too , another want on my list .  


Dan, I just sent you an email. just a clue: when your appetite gets whetted.....FEAST!

-------------
Air-It-Is


Posted By: Dannop2
Date Posted: November-12-2019 at 10:03pm
Thank you R , looking forward and man you are creative , Cobalt and you should set up shop , y'all would be scary with a 3 -D metal and plastic printer for sure ...in a good way .

-------------
Realshooter



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk