Forum Description: To help users communicate about Daisy Aiguns
URL: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9872
Printed Date: March-28-2024 at 6:56am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Just picked up a Daisy 200
Posted By: Leatherlung
Subject: Just picked up a Daisy 200
Date Posted: February-13-2021 at 11:24am
Morning. So I posted the other day about my fathers 200 he had as a kid. I just picked up another one which appears to be a later model 200 because it doesn’t have the moveable pin on top. I inserted a Co2 cartridge and it held the pressure! Everything worked on it, pulled the trigger and it feels like the safety is on but it’s not. Any ideas before I go tinkering?

I also picked up a Healthways Plainsman 175 with it as well. Gotta get 8 gram cylinders for that one.

Thank you!

Replies:
Posted By: pelle
Date Posted: February-13-2021 at 8:55pm
I just got one and the trigger wasnt working and wasnt lifting elevator. It did move, however, so probably didnt feel like yours

Date Posted: February-14-2021 at 6:51am
With the safety off it moves a little but not much.

Posted By: FREEBIRD
Date Posted: February-14-2021 at 1:56pm
Oil the elevator a little with ATF or 30 wgt. NON DETERGENT oil and work it a little, it's imprinted on the gun oil here.

Posted By: oldwizzer
Date Posted: February-14-2021 at 5:54pm
http://forum.daisymuseum.com/daisy-200_topic9868.html

-------------
Ejwills

Date Posted: February-14-2021 at 6:23pm
My trigger was worn and wouldnt lift the elevator and was bound up. There is a metal piece, on the trigger that I reversed that extended the reach to the elevator and could lift it. It might be your issue too.

Posted By: cobalt327
Date Posted: February-14-2021 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Leatherlung Leatherlung wrote:

Morning. So I posted the other day about my fathers 200 he had as a kid. I just picked up another one which appears to be a later model 200 because it doesn’t have the moveable pin on top. I inserted a Co2 cartridge and it held the pressure! Everything worked on it, pulled the trigger and it feels like the safety is on but it’s not. Any ideas before I go tinkering?

I also picked up a Healthways Plainsman 175 with it as well. Gotta get 8 gram cylinders for that one.

Thank you!
Unless the gun has BBs in the 5 shot magazine, OR the spring-loaded tab is held forward, the trigger will not work. It's a redundant safety. But if there are BBs in the magazine, or you are holding the tab forward, and the trigger isn't working, do what Freebird suggested.

The instructions below are about unreadable unless you save them to your computer and view it there.

Date Posted: February-14-2021 at 11:12pm
ut oh,   redundant safety you say?

Date Posted: February-15-2021 at 9:45am
Well, disassembled the 200 and cleaned and lightly lubed what I could. The metal clip on the trigger seemed to be binding up. Squeezed it with needle nose pliers and reassembled it. Installed a cartridge and BBs, and it fired!! Man that thing has some power behind it. Feels good to repair something most people say it can’t be done.

Date Posted: February-15-2021 at 12:02pm
I don't feel too dumb not knowing a bb gun won't fire without bbs in it. Thanks for the paperwork

Posted By: cobalt327
Date Posted: February-15-2021 at 2:20pm
After considering it a bit more, 'redundant' isn't accurate. It actually is an elegantly simple solution for preventing dry firing when the 5-shot magazine is empty. Not to mention it being a gotcha to a million users, so you are in very good company! I think my bias comes from dispising automatic safeties that are being used on more and more airguns, but this isn't the same thing. With those, the safety has to be taken off for each and every shot. The 200's magazine safety only comes into play when the gun isn't ready to be shot.

Date Posted: February-15-2021 at 6:12pm
   I am done with mine and will part it out.  The pin is damaged and I lost the stupid brass seal thing. I dremilled up the frame on the inside trying to fit my homemade cartridge holder. The frame is good outside and the plastic valve pieces look good. Grips are not cracked but one has paint specks on it. It doesnt want to fire off even though the trigger moves, during gassing off. Im not gonna waste money if it wont fire.

Date Posted: February-15-2021 at 11:49pm
Keep it as parts, I've gotten a lot of these shooting like new from other parts guns I picked up over the years, Keep your eye out for Daisy 1200's, I just converted this 200 to that piercing system, it shoots better than some new pistols. They are good challenging little projects, they come up cheap because no one wants to fix them. 

Date Posted: February-16-2021 at 10:50am
Congrats to Leatherlung on success and apologies for messing your post like you didnt do on mine. IDK what to do with mine. Congrats to FREEBIRD too. All I wanted was that piercer and asked JG but after, loosing my parts, I needed to pay some exchange fee. I spent a lot of wasted time trying to make something and I'm upset at the failure

Date Posted: February-16-2021 at 11:00am
Originally posted by pelle pelle wrote:

Congrats to Leatherlung on success and apologies for messing your post like you didnt do on mine. IDK what to do with mine. Congrats to FREEBIRD too. All I wanted was that piercer and asked JG but after, loosing my parts, I needed to pay some exchange fee. I spent a lot of wasted time trying to make something and I'm upset at the failure

Don't feel bad, some I can fix, others I put in the parts bin.I have one I put back together in almost new condition, if I put to heavy of an elevator spring it locks-up, to weak of a spring it goes into full auto mode. These are oddities of a gun, with a lot of design failures as well, I suspect they tried to make them maintenance free with all those hard seals and shooting mechanism.Big smile

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk