Forum Description: To allow our users to post Daisy products wanted or for sale
URL: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9890
Printed Date: March-28-2024 at 10:24am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Red Ryder Arrowhead
Posted By: Iceman
Subject: Red Ryder Arrowhead
Date Posted: March-06-2021 at 10:05am
Well, I have decided that I probably need to add a Red Ryder Arrowhead to my humble collection.  If anyone out there in Daisy land has one in very good condition, and would be willing to part with it, please email me.  My email is on my member profile page.  Thanks!

Star

-------------
Steve

Replies:
Date Posted: June-26-2021 at 4:50pm
Greetings to everyone.  I am still searching for a Daisy "Red Ryder" arrowhead if anyone has one they would sell or perhaps a lead would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Star

-------------
Steve

Posted By: panther1
Date Posted: June-27-2021 at 9:33pm
Look on Etsy. There is one for $59.

Date Posted: June-28-2021 at 5:34pm
Thank you so much Panther1.  I got it!

Star 

-------------
Steve

Posted By: Daisy Pete
Date Posted: July-13-2021 at 8:50am
I strongly suspect the Red Ryder arrowheads that Toy Tent has been selling on ebay and Etsy are fakes.

-------------
Daisy Pete

Posted By: cobalt327
Date Posted: July-13-2021 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Daisy Pete Daisy Pete wrote:

I strongly suspect the Red Ryder arrowheads that Toy Tent has been selling on ebay and Etsy are fakes.
I'm not doubting you, but how does one tell? What are the things to look (out) for?

Thanks!

Mark

Date Posted: July-13-2021 at 9:40am
I purchased one from them a couple of years ago. They have a seemingly endless supply of them and list them sporadically on ebay and Etsy. That alone is suspicious. The background color is off and they have extremely unusual marbling that the original ones never had. They also have very rough edges. I'm quite certain my suspicion is correct.

-------------
Daisy Pete

Date Posted: July-13-2021 at 10:50am
If these are indeed reproductions, it is certainly disappointing.  As we all know, a variety of Daisy items have been reproduced.  I certainly do not have a problem with the reproductions IF THEY ARE DISCLOSED AS SUCH!  In fact, some reproductions are actually very good and are fine if someone wants one with the full understanding of what they are buying.  

I did buy the one on Etsy from Toy Tent.  I did note a couple of things about the Red Ryder arrowhead upon receipt that raised a question with me.  The one advertised had a dark streak running thru it.  I did not particularly like the looks of it, but that wasn't a deal breaker for me.  However, the one I received did not have the same dark streak in it as shown.  It was certainly not the same arrowhead.  The other thing was the leather thong that was attached to it.  No question, it is new leather.  Like Pete stated, the arrowhead itself is certainly pristine with absolutely no wear and sharp edges as Pete mentioned.  The color may be a little lighter because I do think it may be new and not aged.  In my opinion, I agree with Pete.  I do not have an original Red Ryder arrowhead to compare it to.  However, I do have an original Davy Crockett arrowheadl  It is a darker color and is a lot more worn and has smoother edges due to age. 

As always, CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware)!

Star        

-------------
Steve

Posted By: keenkutterrick
Date Posted: July-15-2021 at 12:51pm
I have an original boxed Red Ryder holster set that came with the plastic arrowhead. I never had a leather strap. The strap is plastic.

Date Posted: July-15-2021 at 12:53pm
I've never seen or heard of anyone reproducing the arrowhead. Just sayin.

Date Posted: July-15-2021 at 5:56pm
Hello Rick,
Steve's RR arrowhead and mine bear a small imperfection in the exact same location which suggests to me that they came from the same mold. This characteristic combined with my other observations posted above makes me extremely confident in my suspicion. 

-------------
Daisy Pete

Posted By: cobalt327
Date Posted: July-15-2021 at 6:38pm
Thanks for the heads-up, Pete. That's a shame.

Mark

Date Posted: July-17-2021 at 12:25am
Good information,. Thanks

Posted By: Rhomsey
Date Posted: August-30-2021 at 5:20am
There is a fake arrowhead on eBay now. Asking $12. It’s a key chain arrow head

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk