Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreyay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question help
    Posted: January-25-2023 at 4:55am
Hello, im trying to put together a daisy/ gun that will use the 94 flippable peep/buckhorn sight that can be modded to shoot at 350-400fps.

My questions is what all daisys were made in or with adult sized variants? I dont want a youth sized gun. Any info will be appreciated greatly and input on flip sight/plunger assembly/metal trigger/spring bb chamber compatibility appreciated even more.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2023 at 1:24pm
What platform (type of Daisy gun) are you using to mod? ie: 1938B, 105, 102, 95, 96, etc? The type of gun would be helpful to answer your question.   As far as I know the 1938B Red Ryder is currently the only one to come standard as a youth model and recently offered an adult version. Actually the butt stock is longer so they called it the adult model.   Internally they're the same.
Air-It-Is
teerex.otw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teerex.otw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2023 at 8:02pm
Daisy didn’t make very many lever guns that used the flip sight (at least not that I’m aware of). One that did was one of the older series 111 guns that usually had a silk screened pattern of a cougar head on the sides of the receiver. These actually had the correct elevation-adjustable mount at the rear. As far as youth models, just about all Daisy lever guns are youth models to some extent, there are the super-short ones like 102 and 105b with about 10-1/2” pull designed for small kids, up to some with 12-1/2 to 13-1/2” for older kids (but useable for adults).
I can’t post photos here, but if you want so see pics of one of the “cat-head” 111’s, you can e-mail me contact info   teerex.rw@gmail.com
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2023 at 1:15pm
THESE PICTURES ARE FROM TEEREX.OTW 
 This is the custom model 111 with larger wooden stock and forearm that Rex built.

View of the entire gun.

Receiver with sight mount

Model 111 with new stock and forearm and a 102 with the original stock from the 111.

View of both type of sights

Close up of both sights.  Home made solid blade next to the flip peep sight
Keep On Plinking

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teerex.otw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2023 at 2:46pm
Thanks to twocompassheads for posting pics.
Daisy made a few lever guns that used the flip sight. Along with this series of 111, there is slso the model 94 Red Ryder and the “wide-body” model 98. (there may be others as well).
I would suggest this one because it has the large-type compression chamber (not sure about the others, perhaps someone else can add info).
Mr. Shane Bruce (Restomod Daisy) did a video in May 2021 on a 111 that was regularly hitting 400 fps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teerex.otw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2023 at 2:53pm
to continue: Not all 111’s used the flip sight, and I don’t know of any of the “B” series guns that had it, but the photos show what to look for.
A decent condition 111 with new seals, a Cobalt327 super spring, 7/64” overbore air tube, and #25 shot tube should produce 325-350 fps (perhaps even higher).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic