Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Ralphie's Red Ryder" as imagined by airitis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Ralphie's Red Ryder" as imagined by airitis
    Posted: September-18-2019 at 6:37am
Not an airgun per se, but a mock-up made for display. Original photos were retouched and resized, then combined into a single photo. Airitis, FWIW I think your photos may turn out better with better lighting or maybe the lens needs cleaning? 

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2019 at 8:22am
Well, considering that I took these pix with a cell phone that has a broken cover lens, and I'm no Allan Funt, I can't complain.

Thanks for the advertisement and critique. Cobalt, you did an excellent job of "touching up" the image. You're right. This one used to be several air guns and a few foreign items. Now it is a dis-play piece. (emphasis on play!) I believe the one on camera in the Christmas Story movie was non-functioning also due to the speed Ralphie was able to cock the lever. Mine just takes it to the next non-functioning level!!
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2019 at 12:37pm
I figured they cocked the gun off camera then let him pretend to cock it so no effort needed. In the end, who knows and it don't really matter- still an icon. 
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2019 at 1:45pm
You may be correct on both counts. Cocking off camera and it is an icon. And now, I-con pretend to be Ralphie. (so sorry)
Air-It-Is
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2019 at 5:07pm
Nice display, great job.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2019 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by oldwizzer oldwizzer wrote:

Nice display, great job.

Ejwills.

Thanks EJ
Air-It-Is
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2019 at 6:22pm
Very cool.  Nice work!
Be Prepared
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2019 at 7:38pm
Airitis has made some other cool Daisys- Mares Leg, tommy gun, submachine gun, and a double barrel. I'll post some photos this evening.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2019 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by BSAGuy BSAGuy wrote:

Very cool.  Nice work!

Thank you C.M. I asked my wife if I could make a fake cannon for the front yard. Negotiations not in my favor. LOL
Air-It-Is
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2019 at 2:39pm
You could put some flowers in the barrel and the carriage ...now it's a manly flower pot , make sure you have plenty of wine on hand and maybe some aspirins and band aids LOL , good luck with that mission , I want one in front of our cabin too .   
Realshooter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic