Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rare Daisy Model 1201 For Sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxlenstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rare Daisy Model 1201 For Sale
    Posted: June-05-2011 at 8:48pm
Hello, Daisy Air Gun collectors!  As everyone knows, Daisy just celebrated their 125th anniversary in Rogers, Arkansas.  I came up for the event, but missed out on having the opportunity to purchase a ticket in time to partake in the coveted activities provided.  Still, I went up to see the museum with my vintage 1959 Daisy air rifle and was happy to see that I had a particular gun that the museum did not have.  Well, lets cut to the chase already...

I have an all original 1959 Daisy "Western Auto Special"  BB air rifle for sale.  The gun has a bit of honest wear (scratches in the painted metal parts and on the plastic stock and forearm) but the gun is completely intact of all of its original parts.  As I already mentioned, I took the gun to the Daisy Museum and had the good fortune of speaking with the curator.  He told me that Daisy began production of the model 1201 "Western Auto Special" on May 06, 1959.  According to the registration number on my particular example, the gun was made on May 07, 1959.  So, I have one of the very first Daisy 1201's ever made! 

I have a video of the gun on youtube.  If you do a search for "Vintage Daisy Air Rifle", you'll find it.  I only paid twenty-five dollars for the thing and I really don't even know how much it's worth.  I'm in no hurry to sell the gun just because I think it's neat, but if someone makes me an offer that I can't refuse, than I'd be happy to part with it.  If you're interested, please let me know!   
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2011 at 5:05am
I have one of these also and they are nice guns. I think I picked mine up for $30.
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2011 at 2:00pm

Contact me with pictures. I am interested in this model. Thanks

Oxlenstein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxlenstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2011 at 8:11am
Hello!  I sent those photos to you today.  You should receive two emails because I had too many pictures to fit in the first.  I tried to take detailed photos.  Please let me know if you have any questions, and I thank you for your interest.
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 2:59am
Hey oxlenstein
Please email me at  mmclark2@tds.net  I might be interested in your rifle
thanks,steve
Oxlenstein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxlenstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 4:12am
Hello, Steve.  I sent two emails with photos to your email address.  (I had to send two because the photo files were too big to squeeze into just one email.)  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!  And, I thank you for your interest.  
twty4157 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twty4157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 5:40pm
I have a daisy 1201 is anyone interested in buying it
na
Captjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2018 at 8:03am
Is your Daisy 1201 still for sale? I'm interested. Thx
Captjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2018 at 8:04am
Do you still have a Daisy 1201 for sale? I'm interested. Thx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic