Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Ryder 80th Anniv MYSTERY !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2019 at 9:10pm
Hey what happened to the picture of the 1/1000 engraving? It was there for a while and now it’s gone. Must need to touch up the picture better.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2019 at 6:23am
sheepdog has blocked me from contacting him! 

I contacted ebay told them the guns are bogus, I doubt they'll do anything about it- they stand to profit from this deceit, after all. 
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2019 at 8:37pm
This is not a mystery, guys.  It's called a fraud.
Be Prepared
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2019 at 12:16am
Originally posted by zipper28 zipper28 wrote:

Hey what happened to the picture of the 1/1000 engraving? It was there for a while and now it’s gone. Must need to touch up the picture better.
Darn, I missed it. If anyone happened to copy it while it was up I'd really like to see it. You can email it to cobalt327 at hotmail cot com
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2019 at 12:31am
Originally posted by MarvMar MarvMar wrote:

Just now received an e-mail from sheep tog tactical...
See item # 254404870936
I magnified the printing....???? is it authentic????
Marv, was the seller asking you if it was authentic, or were you posing the question to the community at large?

Thanks, Mark
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2019 at 7:38am
Mark, I was asking the question....if anyone who saw the pic believed the printing was "for real". Under magnification it looked like it had been printed with one of those old "dot printers"....also, the Zero digit was totally mismatched with the Daisy printing on the opposite side.

Marv, NW OH
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2019 at 8:57am
Yes, you have flushed him out--
I asked if he could provide a picture of the number--

A truely remarkable piece indeed. 
You can take your own pics when it arrives. Thanks

Gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2019 at 11:01am
Originally posted by MarvMar MarvMar wrote:

Mark, I was asking the question....if anyone who saw the pic believed the printing was "for real". Under magnification it looked like it had been printed with one of those old "dot printers"....also, the Zero digit was totally mismatched with the Daisy printing on the opposite side.

Thanks Marv. Sounds just a bogus as ever and apparently with no effort to be honest by the seller, either. I just hope no one buys it- or ANY of the fake numbered guns. Unfortunately the other 80th that had 2 bids on it is gone, he probably sold it (ETA see next post for 25/1000 gun). The price last time I saw it was barely within reason compared to what the Museum gets but way, WAY higher than Walmart- but with the fake numbers the collector value of the gun has already been lost.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2019 at 11:12am
Humplik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humplik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2019 at 1:23pm
Unfortunately you can buy a laser for $300 dollars and add numbers to the forearm. I would just take it as a scam if Daisy Museum stated they are not numbered. I have 3 and no numbers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic