Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Ryder 80th Anniv MYSTERY !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Ryder 80th Anniv MYSTERY !!!
    Posted: October-31-2019 at 1:15pm
A week or so ago I "complained" about how I had just purchased one of the Red Ryder 80th Anniv guns from the Daisy Museum...and Paid almost $25 shipping for a $35 gun. LOL

So, I guess I might have been in to big a hurry to buy. I've been watching them on e-bay...and right now there is at least a dozen guys who are listing them for anywhere between $75 and $150. BUT, 2 sellers really caught my eye. One (see item # 254404870936) has one of his listed for $500 which he claims is #1, and claims he has three more numbered guns.  

A second seller (see item # 184015604303) has #13 listed for $900. 
I was always under the impression the the Museum kept the first 2 numbered guns...so after I carefully examined my gun looking for the "number" (NON EXISTENT), I contacted the Museum and here's their response:

It is not a numbered  Gun. 

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:49 AM
To: Info@daisymuseum.com
Subject: Red Ryder 80th anniversary bb gun

Was the Daisy Red Ryder 80th Anniversary a NUMBERED gun?

There are at least 3 e-bay auctions stating the owner has #1, #13, #27, etc, asking prices $500 and UP !!!!!

I just recently purchased this model from the Museum and can not find any indication of a Number ?????    Marv, Defiance, OH
I e-mailed one of the sellers and he promised to send me photos of the "Number"....still waiting.
Any ideas???
Marv
Marv, NW OH
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2019 at 1:19pm

New message from: sheep-dog-tactical (1,185)

So does yours have a #2 laser engraving?
I have #1, #25, and #17. Congrats if you legit do have one.

Marv, NW OH
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2019 at 1:21pm

Yes sir. Ill take pics for you when i get back to the office. Im not here to argue with you sir. They are definitely something special.

Marv, NW OH
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2019 at 1:23pm

I just called Daisy myself and spoke with them. They confirmed the engraving on the forearm. It appears the one you bought for $34 was regular production. This one is one of the 1st 1000 and is among the elite of collectors editions. There are many like it but none like this one. Its kind of like buying a Rolex. Anyone can buy a Rolex. But if you want the one worn by President Roosevelt youre 

Marv, NW OH
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2019 at 1:24pm
OK guys...sorry about posting  all the above "communications"...but ...
what do you think?

Marv, NW OH
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2019 at 1:29pm
It will be interesting to see what the seller is calling the "number". Does it have a number code for the date and production sequence like 'regular' 1938Bs? Maybe they're using that number, or at least some part of it, to be "the" number.

The sad thing is there just could be some careless new Daisy collector who will actually buy one of these over inflated guns. 

ETA- I just read the posts that were added while I was typing. I guess there could be a special run with numbers. Daisy has done this before so it wouldn't be too surprising if this gun was done that way too. But why wouldn't the museum have mentioned this special run?
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2019 at 1:35pm
And even if there are numbered 80th's, they are not worth that much to anyone with a critical eye for value me.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2019 at 1:45pm
irrelevant
mbrooks401 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbrooks401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2019 at 3:08pm
Yesterday on Instagram Daisy Outdoors advised there was no special numbered edition and cautioned people to only buy these from Walmart and the Daisy Museum. I picked one up at the museum last week and it has no special numbering engraved on it.
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2019 at 4:02pm
Interesting...I talked to the guys at Daisy Outdoors yesterday afternoon and they assured me this 80th anniversary issue was not numbered. I don't do "instagram", but wonder if their post was a response???
Marv, NW OH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic