Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Ryder Christmas Wish Returns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Ryder Christmas Wish Returns
    Posted: November-10-2021 at 1:07pm
My Brother in Ft. Myers Beach Florida just sent me this pic from local Walmart.  
They are back .... no supply chain issues on these I guess.

Aim Straight
paulleve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulleve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2021 at 5:58pm
I picked one up last week at a local Walmart.  As far as I'm concerned it's the best $25 I've spent in quite a while!  Here's a pic of the Red Ryder and box.

This one actually comes with a plastic pointer that can be used with the sundial.  I was out in the yard and needed to know the time. Luckily I had "Old Blue" with me. Far more satisfying than looking at the iPhone, and pretty close to accurate time of 1:15!

Here's a little more info for those who may be new to these.  Daisy originally sold the "Christmas Dream" model in 1983 and 1984 after the movie was released. It's definitely easy to tell them apart, considering the new one has the compass and sundial on the right side. This is actually true to the movie version.

Here's a closeup of the stocks.  The original is from 1984.

Just a little trivia: the original ones come in large and small compass versions. The small compasses are generally found on the 1983 rifles, and came from a variety of sources. (I think I have about three different small compass stocks). The larger compass is marked Daisy, and is usually found on the later 1984 rifles. Daisy sold off their extra stocks after the production run, so many of the ones that pop up for big money around Christmas are actually fakes created by adding an original stock to whatever Red Ryder is sitting around.

As most members here probably know, the Daisy Museum sells commemorative Christmas Story Red Ryders every five years since 2003.  Here is the new Walmart Christmas Wish at the bottom with a 2003 middle, and 2008 at the top.

jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2021 at 6:10pm
Paul, Good information like you posted before in 2016  !!!   What happened to your old handle??  Did you have to start over for some reason, like I did?  

It seems no one responds to requests to reset the account, so you have to start over with a new handle..

Anyway good to hear from you again and nice updated info on the Christmas story guns.

Bought two last year and per your post it appears to be identical to 2020 release... far as I can tell.  Thanks for the pictures.
Rick
Aim Straight
paulleve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulleve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2021 at 6:27pm
Yes, my old account was deleted!  And Photobucket changed their rules for images, so the old ones I posted in the past don't seem to work after a certain number of requests per month.

Now that I have figured out another way to post pics, I think I'll try to organize the info and images from that 2016 post and put them out there again.

jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2021 at 7:36pm
I will never use Photobucket again.  10 years or so someone stole my Account and they did nothing to help.  Over 500 pictures  I never saw again.   I use https://postimages.org/ and find it very simple to use and great results here on DT.  

Anyway I did have your 2016 posts bookmarked for many years.  It is on this thread
Still seems to display all the pics OK, but a new post by you like that  one would be much appreciated by all I am sure...

Rick
Aim Straight
paulleve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulleve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2021 at 7:54pm
Rick,

Thanks for that link!  I'm glad you found it useful enough to bookmark.

I think I'll take out the collection this weekend and get some fresh pics to upload, and then I'll start a new post for anyone looking for a starting point regarding the Chrisitmas Dream Red Ryders!

Paul
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2021 at 10:11pm
Well I bought a Frankenstein Red Ryder many years ago... It was a 111-40 , Plymouth gun with a Red Ryder Sun-Dial and Compass Stock. Sundial was screen printed on not burned in so I was a little miffed where it came from.   I used your post pictures to identify it as a 1983 Stock.  So I always had your post pictures Bookmarked in case i had to refer to it again.  
A lot of work on your part to re-do those pics and post , but I would sure enjoy it, as I think many others would.
Rick
Aim Straight
paulleve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulleve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2021 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by jackdog jackdog wrote:

Well I bought a Frankenstein Red Ryder many years ago... It was a 111-40 , Plymouth gun with a Red Ryder Sun-Dial and Compass Stock. Sundial was screen printed on not burned in so I was a little miffed where it came from.   I used your post pictures to identify it as a 1983 Stock.  So I always had your post pictures Bookmarked in case i had to refer to it again.  
A lot of work on your part to re-do those pics and post , but I would sure enjoy it, as I think many others would.
Rick

I had a little time off today, so I dragged out the collection and shot some new pics!  Check out the post in Q&A for all the info ranging from 1983 up to the current release.
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2021 at 5:00pm
  Paul and Jack,  I use Imgur.com for all of my pictures and it makes it really simple to do.  Probably as easy as what both of you are using.  Dennis
Keep On Plinking
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic