Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Ryder Furnature Upgrades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redryder fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Ryder Furnature Upgrades
    Posted: April-09-2018 at 4:51pm
I designed and 3D printed these Red Ryder parts to make the airgun look a bit more modern.
Thinking about molding and selling them.
Anyone interested?
Thanks!

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 9:18pm
I am, just as long as the buttstock LOP is at least 14 inches.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2018 at 7:52am
I'm wondering, did you 3D the cocking lever also or is that a different medium? I know there are different densities of plastics available for the printers.

I like the look of that design.
Air-It-Is
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2018 at 9:29pm
Now that would be an interesting project.. "heating up" a RR using Cobalt's instructions, and "dressing up" that same gun with new furniture Smile  But, $50 for the furniture is a little too steep for me!  Very nice work and design, though!

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2018 at 9:43pm
BD, wondering where you heard the price?

I agree it would be hard to justify for many but I'd imagine there's not a whole lot of profit in selling the entire set for $50.00... but it sure would make for a unique gun. I hope he comes back w/some more details on materials. The durability of the lever is of particular interest to me, seeing as how my guns do have more cocking effort than a stocker. It's nothing the factory levers cannot handle, but to be honest, the Daisy levers- even the plastic ones- have held up to my modifications w/o complaint, with one exception and that was a gun I had totally maxed out the preload on and plus was using a heavier rate spring from a Crosman/Sheridan Cowboy.

That gun made 350 fps w/a 3/32" ID air tube (way too small in other words, w/the right air tube it would have been good for 400-plus fps), but it was decidedly unhappy at that state of tune. What ended the experiment was actually the trigger failing to reset but the plastic lever did wear more than I would have liked..
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 8:05am
Hey Cobalt.  On the bottom of his picture is his website:  www.tgwms.com  You can see a couple of other RR designs there as well.  I'd have been interested in the material for the cocking lever as well!  I have one of the big loop ChiefAJ levers and enjoy it.  I like this new design even better, but have the same concern about strength and reliability. 

Some time when I have time I intend to bore out the airtube on my play RR.  Your thread on RR mod was great!  Thank you for sharing that journey!

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 11:20am
Burgh Dude, On one of my trips to 'Da Burgh" we should get together and talk Daisy's over a beverage.
Air-It-Is
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 11:38am
Looks great, but for us old guys nothing beats the beauty of the original Red Ryder design!
But then again" the world it is a changing," room for every body. It's nice to see the number of 
new members on this forum Daisy Talk.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 12:13pm

I agree, I want only the original Red Ryder design, I would have no interest or desire to modify the gun.

I have several Red Ryder guns, including the first model copper bands, and transition guns as well as other Daisy guns in my collection. 

The more original the better for me. 

Daisy Museum Member # 40
Louie LeMaster
Vietnam Veteran 67-68
tatankatoo@aol.com
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 2:42pm
For me, the old Daisy Red Ryders, as well as any of the old classics, I wouldn't alter. No need to fix what's not broken. However the Chinese guns will never be in the same league as the true classics- and I have zero compunction about altering them to the moon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic