Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Ryder Furnature Upgrades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2018 at 9:44pm
I agree, no point to send one back and forth. I guess if he doesn't go through with production the Chief AJ stuff is still an option. I'd rather had what Trevor has come up with though.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2018 at 1:34am
I'd like to try a set, too, minus the flash suppressor. Wink  I like the Chief aj stock I have, but it did take quite a bit of fiddling to get the holes positioned correctly so the lever fit the stock inlet. I posted about this already at THR so I won't rehash it here, but suffice to say the stock I got was not 'plug and play'. Personally I don't care for Chief aj's big hoop lever but that's a personal preference thing.
oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2018 at 7:30pm
Yea, the lever doesn't do much for me either. I've never used it, but appearance wise I'm fine with the plain one. Too bad the stock doesn't fit better. I wonder how it is with the plain lever...
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2018 at 7:51pm
I use the factory curved lever and that's what didn't fit well. But FWIW I also read a review of the aj stock/hoop lever combo that said they weren't too happy w/the fit of the hoop lever to the stock, either. Others have reported no problems so it may have been a run of out of spec stocks. It also could be that I'm overly anal about such things- it's not like the stock as delivered would have prevented me from using the gun w/it installed, at least as long as I was careful closing the lever else the lever could hit the trigger causing the gun to shoot! So instead having it bother me every time I shot the gun (which is daily, weather permitted), I went ahead and plugged the old holes w/dowels glued in place then relocated the holes correctly so things fit- and looked- right.

AS RECEIVED

NEW HOLE DRILLED

FINISHED

oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2018 at 11:00pm
Oh wow, that is a LONG way off! Nice work getting it where it needed to be.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic